[Release] TWLSaveTool v1.0

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TuxSH, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Try GodMode9. iirc, it can back up your DS cart's save file.

2. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
  3. Schlapor11

Schlapor11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2018
    Germany
    So you can do with JK Save Manager DS Files or?

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    JKSM can't, but Checkpoint can.

5. Schlapor11

Schlapor11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2018
    Germany
    But you need CFW or? This "can" break the DS. Must not but it can happen. Btw im using Homebrew with Freakyhax not CFW

Edit: The exploit caused the error

Last edited by Schlapor11, Jan 13, 2018
  6. FriendoDependo

FriendoDependo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    Is it possible to restore a Desmume save to a physical cartridge? I'm trying to do this with Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. I renamed it and all, but TWLSaveTool gives me an error message telling me that it's the incorrect filesize.

7. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    which version of Desmume are you using? if im not mistaken early versions of Desmume had this weird save thing.

8. FriendoDependo

FriendoDependo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    I'm using v0.9.11, which is listed on the website as the latest stable build. The save that I'm trying to restore is the same one generated by Desmume (renamed of course), and the ROM is the US version downloaded from Emuparadise. The cart is also US.

9. adamboy7

adamboy7 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2012
    United States
    New Jersey
    Immensely useful to bridge the gap between emulator and console without needing a flash cart. Thank you for your hard work.

10. UncommonDog

UncommonDog Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2018
    Poland
    Hi. I've just tried to use this tool to transfer my Wappy Dog save from R4i flashcard to the game's original cartrige. The problem is the save file from R4i is 512 kilobytes which is too big for the cartrige (512 bytes). Is there a way to compress my save?

UPDATE: An hour later I've found a solution. Download Offline NDS Save File Converter v2. Extract it and run one fo the exe files. Click "Browse" and navigate to lation of the save from R4i flashcard. Then select "R4" in Source Format. Target format should be set to Raw and size should be set to "Auto Detect". Then click "Convert" and there should be a 1KB (its actually less than that but windows rounds it up) .sav file in the same folder the exe file is. Then just rename it to WAPPYDOG.X.sav (change the filename acordingly to the game you want to transfer, the X is a number from 0 to 255) and copy it to the TWLSaveTool subdirectory inside your 3DS's sd card. Run TWLSaveTool and use the d-pad to select your save and press A to copy it to the cartrige.

Last edited by UncommonDog, Mar 22, 2018