Homebrew [Release] TWLSaveTool v1.0

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a truly incredible tool and it allowed me to dump saves of most of my DS games... But my Pokémon Diamond and Pearl give me trouble.
When I run the TWL tool with one of these cartridges in my console, I usually get the message about "Unsupported save file type" and how the game might not have a save. But they do. Any idea why this might be happening and/or how to solve it?

Tried it on another console, same results. That's odd. Seems like it's the cartridges' fault, yet they're perfectly good DP cartridges, I don't get it.
I guess I can live without dumping two of my games, it's just weird.

This the same happened to me when my plat cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens to me too when trying to dump my Platinum save. It's probably because they're fake. I was able to dump the rom with Decrypt9WIP, though.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3dsx build needs PokéTransporter or Pokémon Dream Radar installed on the system. Are those save files in danger or what does it do exactly?
Those titles are needed in order to get permissions to access DS card saves.

The .cia build has the permissions already set in the header, but it obviously requires CFW.

Eorlingat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the latest twl save tool from github installed on a n3dsxl on an a9lh cfw with Luma and homebrew, firmware 11.1, with the ability to downgrade to 9.2 if necessary and have the paid pokemon bank. I'm able to backup saves from pokemon black and black 2, but pokemon platinum gives me an "unsupported save file type" error. I installed the cia using fbi, is there something I can do differently or is the cartridge screwed up? I see that some people have had success with platinum in this thread, but other people have had issues with it. I'm curious as to why it works sometimes and doesn't others. Should I try the .3ds version?

D

Deleted-376337

I've got the latest twl save tool from github installed on a n3dsxl on an a9lh cfw with Luma and homebrew, firmware 11.1, with the ability to downgrade to 9.2 if necessary and have the paid pokemon bank. I'm able to backup saves from pokemon black and black 2, but pokemon platinum gives me an "unsupported save file type" error. I installed the cia using fbi, is there something I can do differently or is the cartridge screwed up? I see that some people have had success with platinum in this thread, but other people have had issues with it. I'm curious as to why it works sometimes and doesn't others. Should I try the .3ds version?

Probably a fake cartridge. My Pokemon Platinum doesn't work and I found out it was a fake copy.

Evernew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love you, guys. This is the best homebrew for me. With my old3ds banned, I can't use pokeban and poketransporter but with this and pokegenerator and pkhex (both pc) I can do it and more,
I dont lose my pokemon from my older saves cart. One million thanks, truly.

Reactions: TuxSH

RosalinaFan573

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hks003.png

Will this make the 3DSX version of TWLSaveTool work?

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
@TuxSH So would I be able to backup my save from Heart Gold, transfer my mewtwo with poketransporter and then reinject the save and itll still be there? Ive only used this program once when it first came out kinda fuzzy on the process.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@TuxSH So would I be able to backup my save from Heart Gold, transfer my mewtwo with poketransporter and then reinject the save and itll still be there? Ive only used this program once when it first came out kinda fuzzy on the process.
Yes, but you cannot use PokéTransporter with a Gen IV game, you must transfer it up to a Gen V game, and then use PokéTransporter with that game.

Reactions: Stack3r

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think PkHex supports GenIV-format Pokémon... not sure (you'll need to extract them first, using Pokégen, probably)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn