Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
I investigated this, and all the biannual Booster GX subscription does is hack the crash handler to blame all Covid module crashes on the Friends module. It's buggy itself too, and the crash handler is modified to pin the blame for that on Miiverse.

And billions are being made.
oh man this could be continued endlessly :-) But i think we stop here because its offtopic and there's a big chance that people appear who will act like some people mentioned in your link...

Last edited by mitgenuss,
Reactions: N7Kopper

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I hate to keep updating on this issue, but it may not be the 00_mocha.rpx file after all. It just seems to be random is ultimately what I'm finding, sometimes it will work many in a row, sometimes it seems to work on every fresh reboot, only for it to then start freezing again. Doesn't matter if the GC injects are stored on USB or NAND, it just seems random, and it's definitely not how it was in CBHC. And we're talking the same game too, it's not like certain games work and certain don't, any given game will work sometimes, and often other times will freeze when loading.
Here's what it looks like when it freezes:

https://imgur.com/mp2xD9u

But sometimes that image that hangs at the end, disappears quickly and then you get to the GameCube boot up screen and it's all good as you can see in the video below (and sometimes very rarely it progresses and you get sound but no video).

https://imgur.com/qPaHXGW
Sadly this issue persists for me. I have found that it doesn't matter which version of Nintendont I use, official latest, official latest before BBA was added which supposedly made it less stable, the CrisMmmod version, or Send0r versions. And it doesn't matter which options I enable or disable, I've also tried switching to a much smaller 2GB SD card to contain the Nintendont files, to the same results. After switching to Tiramisu, my dedicated individual GameCube game channels will only fully boot and not freeze very rarely, most times they'll freeze after getting into the vWii mode, but before the GameCube bootup starts, as shows off in the imgur vids quoted above. I've found it also doesn't matter which version of WiiVC injector I use to create the channels either, be it the official version or the mod version.

Yet if I boot Nintendont as its own channel it will work fine without issue. This was never an issue with CBHC, and I'm surprised no one else is having this issue. I'm genuinely not sure what would make my setup unique at this point. I have a custom theme and wara wara plaza, as well as a very loaded Wii U menu with many titles and injects, but I can't understand how any of that stuff would interfere with vWii functions, or why they would sometimes not be an issue either. I'm hitting a brick wall here, and since the creator doesn't recognize the issue as he couldn't recreate it, I fear I may sadly have to revert to CBHC. The return of the quickboot GamePad menu truly is great, but losing the ability to reliably quick launch all my favorite GameCube games as their own channels is feeling like a real dealbreaker as time goes on.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sadly this issue persists for me. I have found that it doesn't matter which version of Nintendont I use, official latest, official latest before BBA was added which supposedly made it less stable, the CrisMmmod version, or Send0r versions. And it doesn't matter which options I enable or disable, I've also tried switching to a much smaller 2GB SD card to contain the Nintendont files, to the same results. After switching to Tiramisu, my dedicated individual GameCube game channels will only fully boot and not freeze very rarely, most times they'll freeze after getting into the vWii mode, but before the GameCube bootup starts, as shows off in the imgur vids quoted above. I've found it also doesn't matter which version of WiiVC injector I use to create the channels either, be it the official version or the mod version.

Yet if I boot Nintendont as its own channel it will work fine without issue. This was never an issue with CBHC, and I'm surprised no one else is having this issue. I'm genuinely not sure what would make my setup unique at this point. I have a custom theme and wara wara plaza, as well as a very loaded Wii U menu with many titles and injects, but I can't understand how any of that stuff would interfere with vWii functions, or why they would sometimes not be an issue either. I'm hitting a brick wall here, and since the creator doesn't recognize the issue as he couldn't recreate it, I fear I may sadly have to revert to CBHC. The return of the quickboot GamePad menu truly is great, but losing the ability to reliably quick launch all my favorite GameCube games as their own channels is feeling like a real dealbreaker as time goes on.
Where are the gamecube games installed on? Nand or Hdd or usb?
Try install it on Nand and see if it works.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are the gamecube games installed on? Nand or Hdd or usb?
Try install it on Nand and see if it works.
I have tried them from every location. Believe me, I'm fairly certain I've tried everything. Doesn't matter what I do, they will freeze in the same spot about 90% of the time it seems like. But sometimes they'll load without issue. I just don't get it.

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein
I have a custom theme and wara wara plaza
I don't knwo what wara wara plaza is. But i think this and especially custom theme make your build more spezial than others... I'm a really noob in coding stuff and mostly do only things that instructions tell me.. And if i remeber wright there was said in some posts, that modifying theme can cause troubles. So if i was you, i would try to uninstall the special theme / get the original one back and test if it works then.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't knwo what wara wara plaza is. But i think this and especially custom theme make your build more spezial than others... I'm a really noob in coding stuff and mostly do only things that instructions tell me.. And if i remeber wright there was said in some posts, that modifying theme can cause troubles. So if i was you, i would try to uninstall the special theme / get the original one back and test if it works then.
Bro, modifying themes doesn't cause troubles as long as you have a coldboot cfw. I would know, I'm the guy that looked into them and made the first custom themes (check sig). These files: men.pack and me2.pack for the theme as well as the 1stNUP.xml file for the Wara Wara Plaza have NOTHING to do with any vWii functions. In fact, if anything, these customizations should affect (if anything) native Wii U titles, but they have zero effect on it.

The truth is, I had all this stuff before while in CBHC and these worked without issue. Now they're problematic after switching to Tiramisu. The problem lies somewhere in the new environment, though I don't understand where or why as I'm not sure how the new environment would affect the vWii side of things either. It's genuinely maddening.

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Bro, modifying themes doesn't cause troubles as long as you have a coldboot cfw. I would know, I'm the guy that looked into them and made the first custom themes (check sig). These files: men.pack and me2.pack for the theme as well as the 1stNUP.xml file for the Wara Wara Plaza have NOTHING to do with any vWii functions. In fact, if anything, these customizations should affect (if anything) native Wii U titles, but they have zero effect on it.

The truth is, I had all this stuff before while in CBHC and these worked without issue. Now they're problematic after switching to Tiramisu. The problem lies somewhere in the new environment, though I don't understand where or why as I'm not sure how the new environment would affect the vWii side of things either. It's genuinely maddening.
I can attest to this, I use both mods (wara wara plaza and themes) and I don't have the same problem in Nintendont Mod, so maybe it's a random problem caused by who knows what, hopefully in future updates or the release of Aroma, this can be fixed.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

mitgenuss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liechtenstein

LIke i said, im a noob in this stuff and you surely will know it better... i just wanted to point out that you have some special things that most others probably don't have installed on their wii u. I'm sry things dont work like you want them to do.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Try old school mocha, because it might not be related to tiramisu. Extract the sdcard, replace the payload, boot to stock os, insert the sdcard and then launch indexiine or the standard web exploit.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try old school mocha, because it might not be related to tiramisu. Extract the sdcard, replace the payload, boot to stock os, insert the sdcard and then launch indexiine or the standard web exploit.
If the only solution is to abandon Tiramisu for a different CFW, then I'll just go back to CBHC where it did reliably boot individual gamecube games without issue. Though I'm hoping there might be some other solution I'm just not thinking of here.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If the only solution is to abandon Tiramisu for a different CFW, then I'll just go back to CBHC where it did reliably boot individual gamecube games without issue. Though I'm hoping there might be some other solution I'm just not thinking of here.
I understand, but please try mocha. The results of these tests would be quite valuable for tiramisu devs.

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please try what @ber71 said, this might tell us more about whats the problem. If you see the same result, try reverting back to cbhc. For now, it could be a coincidence of some sort. Until you go back and verify it still works.

Reactions: ber71

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, can someone tell me what's difference between Tiramisu and Haxchi (without DS game)?
there is no such a thing as "Haxchi without DS Game"

Haxchi can be used in two ways:
1) Haxchi: By launching an original DS game manually
2) Coldboot Haxchi: set the game to launch itself on the startup (coldboot) < high risk to brick your console if the game is deleted or moved (among many other things) >>
1644152864958.png

Tiramisú launches the Mocha CFW on startup (coldboot) without the need of a game, because it uses the Health App included in the system of the wiiu, It can't be moved, can't be deleted, same for every user, so there is no potential risk to brick your console

Also, (for what i've read in this forum above) it is a new enviroment for developers to work with, more simple and clean, that help devs to bring more stable versions of the homebrew apps.

Last edited by ArgoRV,

stronghulk

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello everybody! I was gonna uninstall Haxchi (not CBHC) and change to Tiramisu. Wiiu.hacks.guide tells me to just uninstall it from data management. When i tried i got, a system error has occurred.
My Wii u works fine, but it scared me abit. Do I install Tiramisu before getting rid of Haxchi?

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everybody! I was gonna uninstall Haxchi (not CBHC) and change to Tiramisu. Wiiu.hacks.guide tells me to just uninstall it from data management. When i tried i got, a system error has occurred.
My Wii u works fine, but it scared me abit. Do I install Tiramisu before getting rid of Haxchi?

Despite what the guide says, you can keep the standard haxchi, if you're really sure it isn't cbhc. Unless you want to play the base ds title, which is rarely the case.

stronghulk

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Despite what the guide says, you can keep the standard haxchi, if you're really sure it isn't cbhc. Unless you want to play the base ds title, which is rarely the case.
Ah okey, I just felt that Tiramisu is the way to go from now on, and Im very intrested in Bloopair.
So I can just follow the guide and get Tiramisu up and running?
Do you have any idea why I got a system error when trying to delete Haxchi?

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah you can go on and keep haxchi just in case something goes wrong, for example a non working sdcard reader. Of course, tiramisu is the way to go.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ah okey, I just felt that Tiramisu is the way to go from now on, and Im very intrested in Bloopair.
So I can just follow the guide and get Tiramisu up and running?
Do you have any idea why I got a system error when trying to delete Haxchi?
That error shows up as soon as you hit delete?
Do you have the latest firmware on your console?

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

100% agreed with this ... I uninstalled CBHC and installed Haxchi back just so I can have a backup in the event that I can't launch Tiramisu via SD. Unlike other consoles that have modular SD cards that can easily be replaced, the Wiiu SD Card slot is soldered directly to the Wiiu Motherboard. Replacing it would require a hard mod desolder/resolder.

If you think about it , with CBHC most people had the SysMenu as the default boot option, and so the SD card slot IMO would rarely get accessed if you were just using Wiiu with CFW.. Now with Tiramisu, we're all going to add a lot more wear & tear to the SD card slot as it's required for every bootup.

With all of our aging WiiU consoles, as well as the added frequency of using the SD card slot now with Tiramisu , we're no doubt going to start seeing people's SD card slots not working anymore and realizing that there are no easy options available to get CFW back.

All of the current exploits requires that the SD card slot be used for initial exploit.

BlueBomb => launch.rpx from the root of your SD card
Indexiine / Tiramisu / CBHC/ HAXCHI requires a payload.elf on your SD card

Personally I would would recommend this:
If you have CBHC, uninstall it , reinstall regular Haxchi back and store it somewhere safe, and proceed to Install Tiramisu
If you have Haxchi, leave it alone, proceed to Install Tiramisu

Haxchi will not brick your console if you do a reformat.

Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back