Not open for further replies.

zweilous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with the 3DSX version?
honestly just optimizations since it runs pretty slow overall. it also doesn't have a way to refresh the home menu since pressing start will just go to there directly, so i have to go to the power off screen manually. i don't know if it was different prior to hb menu v2 being released; only started testing it recently. using build 46e000c

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
honestly just optimizations since it runs pretty slow overall. it also doesn't have a way to refresh the home menu since pressing start will just go to there directly, so i have to go to the power off screen manually. i don't know if it was different prior to hb menu v2 being released; only started testing it recently. using build 46e000c
Uh, if you're on CFW you should really be using the CIA.

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well I'm still on Luma 7 and I won't be able to upgrade so idk how the new hbmenu works. Just use the CIA version like sks316 said

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@erman1337
You will add to Themely, a system that allows you to download themes online using Themely ?
And you could make alternative colors available to Themely, like green blue among other colors, that could be accessed by some configuration panel.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if you knew this @erman1337 about your Themely app. When you use it with B9S v1.2 & Luma v8.0, if you try the Preview of the .bgm sound files it comes up with the dump error on screen I found this out when using the theme shuffle feature and pressing Y to preview the sound. I have been using this app for a while now and I love it I think its much better than CHMM2, maybe it just needs a simple update by yourself :) also its a shame it always has to go through the scanning themes every time you boot into the app?

Last edited by Reecey,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you knew this @erman1337 about your Themely app. When you use it with B9S v1.2 & Luma v8.0, if you try the Preview of the .bgm sound files it comes up with the dump error on screen I found this out when using the theme shuffle feature and pressing Y to preview the sound. I have been using this app for a while now and I love it I think its much better than CHMM2, maybe it just needs a simple update by yourself :) also its a shame it always has to go through the scanning themes every time you boot into the app?

That's because Luma devs enforced luma's exception handlers which is honestly a bad idea. It's not going to help you much unless you're a developer so yeah, you should either wait for the next release of luma or update to latest commit and disable that garbage.

Last edited by Joel16,
Reactions: TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
That's because Luma devs enforced luma's exception handlers which is honestly a bad idea. It's not going to help you much unless you're a developer so yeah, you should either wait for the next release of luma or update to latest commit and disable that garbage.
Thanks but it still did not help, it still crash dumps pressing Y for a preview. It always tends to crash on the second go.

Last edited by Reecey,

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, can you try using the bleeding edge version to see if it's fixed there?

@erman1337 When will downloading themes from the site be available?
No idea

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, can you try using the bleeding edge version to see if it's fixed there?

No idea
The bleeding edge commit version d52ed27 works all ok now so no more dump errors and also the theme scanning is better now, it goes directly into the selection menu and scans while your making your selection, instead of having to wait on the introduction screen like before. Fantastic work, keep it up! its 100x better than CHMM2 in every way, its certainly a theme manager we all need to use!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was having this problem, but for me it was fixed with the last update.
https://3dsthem.es/app/
Yes it works for me now but the bleeding edge version was not available when I first had the dump error, hes corrected it in the last few hours.

Last edited by Reecey,

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks but it still did not help, it still crash dumps pressing Y for a preview. It always tends to crash on the second go.

I just updated to the latest bleeding edge (fff48) and encountered the arm11 error when i pressed Y for a preview. Should i downgrade for now?

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just updated to the latest bleeding edge (fff48) and encountered the arm11 error when i pressed Y for a preview. Should i downgrade for now?
can you tell me if you're using the cia or the 3dsx version, the entrypoint, the type of 3ds and the theme you're encountering this exception?

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using the cia version with b9s. Installed my o3ds a week ago with a fresh cfw (luma). I often get the error when creating a shuffle list, after i previewed some bgm themes it crashes.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/x5MmX

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm using the cia version with b9s. Installed my o3ds a week ago with a fresh cfw (luma). I often get the error when creating a shuffle list, after i previewed some bgm themes it crashes.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/x5MmX
be more descriptive please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v1.3.0 is released!
- Added QR Code reader -- scan QR codes from 3DSThem.es to download!
- HUGE performance boost for n3DS
- Themes are now scanned asynchronously
- Themes are now sorted alphabetically (by filename)
- Translations for FR, DE, IT, PT, RU, and ES
(Thanks @ZetaDesigns, theheroGAC, @Jubash, @Ann0ying, @umbjolt)
- Fixed 3DSX updater
- Fixed crashes & bugs
- Other stuff I can't fit in here

If you already have the app, you'll be prompted to update it within the app.
If you have the 3DSX variant with a version older than v1.3.0, then you'll have to update manually.

Scan this with FBI to install:
5cc4021a-2b4a-11e7-981e-215506492f46.png

or .cia
or .3dsx

Issue/Suggestion tracker:
https://github.com/ErmanSayin/Themely/issues

DarkWeegee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get there error failed to initiate camera (0xd8e06406). I tried it with stickerhax and doodlebomb. On 11.4 ofw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1