Homebrew [Release] Theme Manager - A theme manager for the Wii U

Trophies
XP
that's not exactly what he said. ;) though, imo, it may not be worth using a forwarder for this app. I think forwarders should be for frequently used apps. I think this is will be a one time thing in most cases.
Personally I made it because I'm experimenting with making my own themes, trying to push the limits yk? So in my case it is frequent use.

Reactions: godreborn

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haven't tested, but since I made this forwarder in literally 10 minutes my guess would be no it doesn't.

I can verify that the suspended software menu does show upon pressing the home button, however I'm not sure if it crashes upon pressing close software,
I guessing it will hang, I made a forwarder the other but didnt release it here because of the hang :)

Trophies
XP
I guessing it will hang, I made a forwarder the other but didnt release it here because of the hang :)
In it's current state it most likely hangs, yes.

It most likely isn't the most stable thing as like I said since I was lazy, built it using a NES Virtual console game as a base, however it wouldnt be hard to add an exit feature if I edit the RPX a bit.

Reactions: ploggy

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im worried about the wii u

once the switch got really great themes the nsfw rule34ers would never stop

my brother in christ delete this homebrew for the sake of saving the people

Trophies
XP

To be fair even if NSFW themes ARE made, it's not like people are forced to download and install them. Plus if they were made a thing they would probably be put in a different thread labeled NSFW so you wouldnt get one unless you were explicitly looking for it.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You have to understand that you don't get many opportunities to place full size images for Wii U themes. the surfaces you can work with are rather small, the main "sky" background is just a very small square image, I wanna say maybe 8pixels by 8 pixels or something like that, maybe a tiny bit bigger, leaving you with few options beyond just giving the sky a single color or fade. you probably could have some boobs or dicks tesselate on the floor of the wara wara plaza, but you're not gonna be able to get much more out of it than that, unless you go above and beyond and say replace the 3D modeled buttons that float by in the background with 3D modeled inappropriateness, though I'm not sure if there are file size limits in that kind of stuff, I would think there probably would be, but can't say for sure.

Trophies
XP
You have to understand that you don't get many opportunities to place full size images for Wii U themes. the surfaces you can work with are rather small. you probably could have some boobs or dicks tesselate on the floor of the wara wara plaza, but you're not gonna be able to get much more out of it than that, unless you go above and beyond and say replace the 3D modeled buttons that float by in the background with 3D modeled inappropriateness, though I'm not sure if there are file size limits in that kind of stuff, I would think there probably would be, but can't say for sure.
Not gonna lie this actually made me laugh a bit

Ghost64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
The best theme installer and manager for the Wii U yet

Features:
  • Good UI
  • Backup of current theme
  • Multiple themes in the same directory
How to install themes:
  1. Put the Men.pack and Men2.pack files of the theme in sd:/wiiu/themes/[theme name]
  2. Put theme_manager.rpx in sd:/wiiu/apps
  3. Run the homebrew
  4. Select the theme
  5. Profit!
Download: https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager/releases
Source: https://github.com/Xpl0itU/theme-manager

btw, I'd love if someone made an icon for this
Is it able to select a different theme each time you launch it? (Sorry if this is a dumb question but making sure, because I just homebrewed my Wii U yesterday

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I install a theme rn. But the installer is stuck at "Copying Men.pack". I guess my wii u froze. Can I turn it off safely to try it again?

EDIT: I powered it off and nothing happened. Restarted the app and reinstalled the theme. Worked fine. My wii u theme is now black and blue ;)

Last edited by BaamAlex,
Reactions: Xpl0itU

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I use it to, but one question.

It doesnt show all my themes, i have a long list. But the bottom ones are displayed of screen. I can scroll to them, but the list dont scroll down on screen.. an it doesnt make separate theme pages.

Xpl0itU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I use it to, but one question.

It doesnt show all my themes, i have a long list. But the bottom ones are displayed of screen. I can scroll to them, but the list dont scroll down on screen.. an it doesnt make separate theme pages.
Yeah, it’s there by desing, because who has more than a page of themes, sure, I can pull off an update to fix that real quick if you really want it

Reactions: ADHD1977

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
2 Icon's Not sure if any good could be improved on

Attachments

• Theme Manager Icon for Wii U .png
    Theme Manager Icon for Wii U .png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • Theme Manager Icon.png
    Theme Manager Icon.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using aroma enviroment, it is ok to install a theme on tiramisu and then boot aroma with the theme applied?
yes, the theme I'm using has lasted from cbhc, stock, tiramisu, to aroma. it only got uninstalled with the latest update, but I just reinstalled it again by disabling tiramisu autoboot.

Reactions: andreiarturo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...