ROM Hack [Release] Theme Customization Tools

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Updated the first post with a new and more complete version of the editor, along with some added explanation.
Still no luck on fixing the CIA installation for now, sorry.

Reactions: cearp and Vappy

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Your tool is crashing on my computer after trying to open the body_LZ.bin file.

Also, there are some mistakes in your batch file. You need to add /tools in some cases, at least for the makerom path.

x3braindmg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
This question might sounds stupid but... where did you guys get the body_LZ.bin file?
Thanks for the release, theme editing sounds nice.:lol:

D

Deleted User

Totally swood, dood. I was wishing for there to be theme customization, and now, its finally possible! I just have one question. Does anyone have a dump/export of the 3DS classic white theme? I can't do it myself just yet because I currently don't have the proper things to do that.

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i tried to make a theme but it says that tmp.bin wasnt found and stopped. also this can be installed in gateway emunand? and also, there is gonna be music support in future?

Razor Wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello!

I am new here, and am interesting in customising my 3DS Theme...

I was poking around with the program given, and I managed to edit SOMETHING... I selected the Customization Tool, changed the Kingdom Hearts photo into something of my own, and "Save" it into my 3DS SD card... But still nothing seemed to have appeared. Did I do anything wrong? If possible, can anyone give me the guideline of doing this? :o Thanks.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this just for Gateway and CFW users? Will us regular folks get theme editing? :(
Just for people using their own private CFWs atm, far as I know no one using a gateway has managed to successfully install a repacked theme. If by "us regular folks" you mean anyone not on 4.5, then nope.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just for people using their own private CFWs atm, far as I know no one using a gateway has managed to successfully install a repacked theme. If by "us regular folks" you mean anyone not on 4.5, then nope.

Yeah, I meant us 9.2 folks with no custom anything yet.

mooothecowman

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
To be honest,the program isn't really that simple to use. Still can't figure out how to insert pictures and music and stuff. I don't even know how to install your KH theme. Hope you have some tutorial or something.;)

outlaw1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think the gw issue is something to do with the rsf im gonna mess around with it see what i can uncover and see if i can get it to work

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest,the program isn't really that simple to use. Still can't figure out how to insert pictures and music and stuff. I don't even know how to install your KH theme. Hope you have some tutorial or something.;)

Its not so hard really.

- File 'Open' and open up the body_LZ.bin file in tools folder that comes with the theme editor.
- Each image file is numbered 0,1,2,3 etc
- Click File 'Export' on each number and save the file somewhere on your PC
- Open the saved files in paint and add whatever you want and save over them
- Click File 'Import' and add them back
- Click Theme simulator to take a nice look at your work
- You can use the create batch files to generate the theme BUT we cant install them yet so we gotta wait.

themejay.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1