Hacking [Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

Press88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is a fixed version of tagmo that allows most of the samsung line of phones to work properly.

http://www.filedropper.com/tagmo20170314

Taken from the readme :

Compiled from Kidel's fork of TagMo

Not compiled by me. Works fine on a friend's S4 and on my Note 5

I have this version. But crash with EDIT SSB DATA.
and i have this error "Error while writing main data (stage 1) java.io.IOException:Transceive failed"

rusenikolovski

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
im having trouble editing UID

i can open the dump in hex and read the uid from my ntag215 cards, how do i identify what part of the dump i need to edit to match the card UID?!

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
When trying to edit one of my Amiibos, I change the data the way I want it just fine but when I hit "Write tag (Auto)" and scan my Amiibos I get the error "Error while writing main data (stage 1) have.io.IOException: Transceive failed"

Any idea what's wrong?

Dunnyme

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have issue using tagmo.

On my Huawei P8 Lite:
Install ok
Load Keys ok
Load tag ok
When i tap on write tag (auto) i have the next page, i place the tag on the phone and instantanately the app come back in the previous page, and my tag Is still empty.

And on my Sony xperia xa, it's the same but the app crashes, and turn off.

I have tried 2.3.2 2.3.3 2.3.4 on each phones.

Any idea??

sickhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

On my Huawei P8 Lite:
Install ok
Load Keys ok
Load tag ok
When i tap on write tag (auto) i have the next page, i place the tag on the phone and instantanately the app come back in the previous page, and my tag Is still empty.

Any idea??

Tried different NFC-tags?

@masterchan777 has a great TagMo fork you could try:https://github.com/masterchan-777/TagMo

I've built his fork and uploaded the apk's here https://mega.nz/#F!9WJSHDAL!Si2pHDhT7jc6sC6RzDvuLw if you dont want to bother with the buildprocess.

Reactions: owek1

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

On my Huawei P8 Lite:
Install ok
Load Keys ok
Load tag ok

Any idea??
Try using version 2.3. Sounds a bit counter-intuitive, going back that far, but that's the only one that worked for me. Currently using an HTC 10.

Dunnyme

Trophies
XP
Country
France
2.3 i have the same error than bellow

@masterchan777 has a great TagMo fork you could try:https://github.com/masterchan-777/TagMo

I've built his fork and uploaded the apk's here https://mega.nz/#F!9WJSHDAL!Si2pHDhT7jc6sC6RzDvuLw if you dont want to bother with the buildprocess.

I've tried the 2 first on my P8 lite, and the app says
Error while writing main data (stage1)
Java.io.IOExeption:Transceive failed

And i have only one tag, and another app says it's an empty ntag215

Last edited by Dunnyme,

SonicFlash

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this answer is so obvious that it gets glossed over, but am I unable to have the Switch/WiiU/3DS read an amiibo from this app?
I can scan them in just fine, and the prescribed use suggests that I have some NFC stickers handy to write the info to, but what if I just want to use the app or have my phone be an all-purpose amiibo repo like if I was (to furnish a legally viable reason) if I was going on vacation and still wanted to do my daily amiibo scans in BotW without bringing a bucket of plastic figures?

Is there no way for this app, or another one on android, to act as the amiibo itself, assuming I have a proper bin? If not, why not? What stands in the way, technically speaking?
It may be a silly question but the rationale seems to get skipped everywhere I look.

sickhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2.3 i have the same error than bellow

I've tried the 2 first on my P8 lite, and the app says
Error while writing main data (stage1)
Java.io.IOExeption:Transceive failed

And i have only one tag, and another app says it's an empty ntag215

Hmm... Perhaps that NFC-tag is "dead" because of a bad write earlier or the amiibo.bin-file you have is corrupted.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there no way for this app, or another one on android, to act as the amiibo itself, assuming I have a proper bin? If not, why not? What stands in the way, technically speaking?
It may be a silly question but the rationale seems to get skipped everywhere I look.
If you can't find the rationale, you aren't looking very hard.
emulating an amiibo with "Host card emulation" is NOT possible. ;) (amiibos are ISO 14443-2 A NFC tags ... HCE only works for ISO 14443-4 A/B tags with a ISO 7816-4 (APDU) Data Structure) The only case, where emulating an amiibo MIGHT work(I do not know for sure if it would even work), is on an android device with a specific broadcom nfc chip (like the LG Nexus 5, as this chip could possibly emulate ISO 14443-2 A/B NFC tags as well) on Cyanogenmod 9.1+ (as the APDU structure is not required for HCE). But for this to work, the underlying nfc c-library must be patched as well.<snip>

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

just wana let you know i used your version on my stock Samsung GS3 and it works perfect.. i was able to write 20hearts Wolf Link bin file, Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask (for Fierce Deity Set), and SSB Link to get Epona and everything is working as it should compared to the one on github which gave me a lot of issues. Many thanks..

sickhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just wana let you know i used your version on my stock Samsung GS3 and it works perfect.. i was able to write 20hearts Wolf Link bin file, Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask (for Fierce Deity Set), and SSB Link to get Epona and everything is working as it should compared to the one on github which gave me a lot of issues. Many thanks..

Great stuff, but I didn't really do anything. I just downloaded and built the source. :)

Carbon

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to get this software or any alternate software to do the same thing via a pc and a USB NFC Reader/Writer?

JT_Willard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had an issue where TagMo doesn't read the blank tag and/or you get a popup from NFC Service saying "New Tag Collected - Blank Tag" whenever you try to write a tag? I've tried playing with the settings for the system apps "NFC Service" and "Tags," but even if I get it set so I don't get a popup for the tag, TagMo doesn't detect it and nothing gets written.

I'm on a Droid Turbo 2 running Android 7 using Tagmo 2.3.3

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had an issue where TagMo doesn't read the blank tag and/or you get a popup from NFC Service saying "New Tag Collected - Blank Tag" whenever you try to write a tag? I've tried playing with the settings for the system apps "NFC Service" and "Tags," but even if I get it set so I don't get a popup for the tag, TagMo doesn't detect it and nothing gets written.

I'm on a Droid Turbo 2 running Android 7 using Tagmo 2.3.3
Are you sure you have ntag215s?

JT_Willard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you have ntag215s?
Pretty sure. That's what I ordered and the package is labeled as such.

I did get a brief tag recognition in TagMo before it crashed and the popup happened again. I'm trying 2.3.4 right now but I'm still getting the "New Tag Collected" screen that pops up

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: JT_Willard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.