Hacking [Release] TagMo : Tool for creating/editing Amiibos

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is this still up to day and all, I want to make a few tags for some 100 dollar amiibos I will not be buying.. For use on the switch..
Yes it still works, there's really no way they could patch this (if they even can) without making all existing Amiibos useless.
do you still have to de-crypt the amiibo dumps and change the uid?
You don't have to manually encrypt-decrypt anything. You just provide the key file to the app and it can import encrypted BIN files and handle the rest automatically.
I use Amiibitz to check mine, just when I'm curious about one TagMo hasn't identified properly.
Even though TagMo can write to the Amiibo/Tags perfectly, I can't get it to actually read/dump any Amiibos I have, so +1 for Amiibitz ;)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though TagMo can write to the Amiibo/Tags perfectly, I can't get it to actually read/dump any Amiibos I have, so +1 for Amiibitz ;)
I think TagMo is pretty hit//miss when it comes to anything. I know I had to try multiple versions until I found one that did read/dump my Amiibos consistently.

But it's funny, cause Amiibitz worked right off the bat for reading my Amiibos.

Gedi223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a bit of an issue, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I'm loading TagMo 3.3.4 on an LG Optimus F3 LS720 and trying to test it on my actual Amiibos before my tags arrive.
I'm trying to edit the SSB data on a real Amiibo, but when I hit "Scan Tag" and scan it, it brings me back to the main app page and just gives me a "Done" button. Nothing else is available.
What am I doing wrong?

I've tried official, forked, 2.3.1-2.3.4 and I can't get it to read amiibo either. It loads and writes ntag215 without problem on te LG. I even tried it on a friends galaxy s5 and s7. They won't read amiibo's and cant get any version samsung to write to tags, so I'd say its the program not the phone.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried official, forked, 2.3.1-2.3.4 and I can't get it to read amiibo either. It loads and writes ntag215 without problem on te LG. I even tried it on a friends galaxy s5 and s7. They won't read amiibo's and cant get any version samsung to write to tags, so I'd say its the program not the phone.

I'm using the latest version and am having no problems reading or writing.. But I'm using a Google Pixel.. You can't just blame the app, not all apps work on all phone, Samsung could not have updated protocol for there nfc reader or it could be a Samsung bug..

Herromichaelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need a little help. Using a Samsung galaxy S3. Ive installed Tagmo, and went to pastebin to get the keys, and just clicked download. When I try to load the document in tagmo, it doesn't work. Are the keys meant to be saved as separate files? I've tried saving the numbers as seperated, named according to what key it was. But it doesn't work either. I feel like I'm missing something obvious...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need a little help. Using a Samsung galaxy S3. Ive installed Tagmo, and went to pastebin to get the keys, and just clicked download. When I try to load the document in tagmo, it doesn't work. Are the keys meant to be saved as separate files? I've tried saving the numbers as seperated, named according to what key it was. But it doesn't work either. I feel like I'm missing something obvious...
The code has to be pasted and written with a hex editor like HxD so it is exactly 160 bytes. If you saved the hex character representations of the bytes (like 01 27 39 48 B6 A4...) then your file is going to be almost three times as long, and it won't work.

You can use one file or two. The important thing is that they are binary files, not text.

Herromichaelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The code has to be pasted and written with a hex editor like HxD so it is exactly 160 bytes. If you saved the hex character representations of the bytes (like 01 27 39 48 B6 A4...) then your file is going to be almost three times as long, and it won't work.

You can use one file or two. The important thing is that they are binary files, not text.
Ah, did not know about the hex editor. I assume it's something I download to pc. So after I use HxD, what would I name the file(s)? And I would not save them as .txt files? Thank you

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, did not know about the hex editor. I assume it's something I download to pc. So after I use HxD, what would I name the file(s)? And I would not save them as .txt files?
Yes, HxD is a free PC program. The name doesn't really matter. Call it amiibobothkeys.bin if you want. (No, it's not a .txt file)

sekazi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with TagMo 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 where it will not write the tag. The app will just crash. If I use TagMo 2.3.2 it will write the tag but the problem is the Amiibo ends up with no name.

Using a LG G Vista

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrote 1st amiibo which was wolf link max hearts, app crashed. But when scanning it with amiibitz, shows like a black key hole image and says found Mario.

Had a wolf link sticker tag from someone else and that scanned perfect.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When a game reads the serial number of the Amiibo (smash, BOTW, etc.), does the serial number come from the .bin that was flashed to the tag, or the tag itself?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a game reads the serial number of the Amiibo (smash, BOTW, etc.), does the serial number come from the .bin that was flashed to the tag, or the tag itself?
The tagmo source says that the bin is decrypted/unpacked, the uid in that data is overwritten, then the data is packed/encrypted. That suggests that although you can't change the serial, the rest of the tag has to be consistent with the new serial. (otherwise the code wouldn't bother to do that extra work)

So, if uid and serial mean the same thing, my conclusion is that the serial in the original bin isn't reflected in the written tag at all.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The tagmo source says that the bin is decrypted/unpacked, the uid in that data is overwritten, then the data is packed/encrypted. That suggests that although you can't change the serial, the rest of the tag has to be consistent with the new serial. (otherwise the code wouldn't bother to do that extra work)

So, if uid and serial mean the same thing, my conclusion is that the serial in the original bin isn't reflected in the written tag at all.
Makes sense, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back