RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RandomUser
When your program has a packed size of 25,2 MB and an unpacked size of 582 MB, you should realize that's not normal. This means you have a lot of duplicate data or empty data included in your program, probably in the resource files. The 25,2 MB seem like a normal size for a program, that still has a lot of debug info in it. By changing some compiler settings you could probably get it down to less than ten.

Just saying :)

Too bad you had to give up on Visual Basic, I also really liked this language, because it was so small. If you want a powerful language, that doesn't need .Net Framework, I'd recommend the Lazarus IDE, it's for Pascal. I just found out about it and started working with it recently and I think it's kind of similar to Visual Basic, but in a very modern way and without needing any additional packages to run the finished exe files.
I'm definatly not an experience programmer of any sort actually. In fact I don't program much, I took a template written in VB6 and used that as a base, and this editor was born. Then VB6 had some limitation, and used VBUC to upgrade it. I believe that the reason for the bloated size is like you have mentioned, duplicate data. Each drop down boxes or comboboxes I think that what it is called. It consist of 255 item add forms, and it has over 200 invalid selections. To remove the invalid selections from view to make it easier on the end user, I used I think called item remove form and then re-add the invalid selection after the user is done selecting something, in case if the user decided to go back and change the selection, this was done in attempt to reduce the chance of exception errors and writing erroneous value, to the saves. See the value of "Nothing" is 0x255 and the first power ups is 0x0. There is everything invalid between the last power ups and "Nothing". It's may not be the efficient way of doing thing, and I am sure there is a much more efficient way to do this, but with my limited knowledge, it should be good enough. It's like this for Every Combo Boxes in the Power Menu, and multiply by that by 45 then 10 more times. Also there is those Icons, their is 44 or 45 icons, they are repeated 6 more times, again 10 more times for slots, and multiply that by the numbers of characters I think is 45, before the 1.1.0 updates. This may not increased the size of the program, but I think it does. I figure if the end user don't like the size, they can simply delete the exe files and keep the compressed file after they are done with it. Perhaps I need to fiddle with the compiler settings, all in all though, at lest this makes it easier for the end users to modify their saves.
At least I am not asking for any money:wacko:.

Ok so will this allow me to get dlc like mewtwo for free?
In the first post in red under Update 2: It states: "This editor does not unlock DLC characters like Ryu."
So sadly no.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried this with a physical copy (1.1.0) and when I imported my edited save nothing had changed! It was still the save file I went into the procedure with, did I import the save.bin files as well as the system_data together?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this with a physical copy (1.1.0) and when I imported my edited save nothing had changed! It was still the save file I went into the procedure with, did I import the save.bin files as well as the system_data together?
You need both system_data.bin and account_data.bin files in there. No save.bin should be needed. I used SDF to export and import. It should be like this <The time you exported>\00000edf\save_data\ directory and in the save_data directory should be the two files I mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You need both system_data.bin and account_data.bin files in there. No save.bin should be needed. I used SDF to export and import. It should be like this <The time you exported>\00000edf\save_data\ directory and in the save_data directory should be the two files I mentioned earlier.
So I just leave my saves out when I import the data back into the cart?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just leave my saves out when I import the data back into the cart?
Oh, you're trying to import back to the physical copy of the game. I'd imagine the concept is the same with SDF, just make sure the game is in the 3DS slot before loading SDF, However using gateway, seems to mess this process up. If you exported with SDF, the process is the same with importing. I used a CIA version of the game, so no physical cart or ROM selection is necessary (except the GW physical card). I'm not sure where the save.bin file is coming from, although I should update my SSB3DS game, as it is still on 1.0.8. Just never got around updating it. This thread could help you if you're using Gateway. The thread is about using SDF to export and import from and back to emulated cart. I am curious, are you running on a custom firmware? That could be how the firmware handles the save, by creating a save binary file.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, you're trying to import back to the physical copy of the game. I'd imagine the concept is the same with SDF, just make sure the game is in the 3DS slot before loading SDF, However using gateway, seems to mess this process up. If you exported with SDF, the process is the same with importing. I used a CIA version of the game, so no physical cart or ROM selection is necessary (except the GW physical card). I'm not sure where the save.bin file is coming from, although I should update my SSB3DS game, as it is still on 1.0.8. Just never got around updating it. This thread could help you if you're using Gateway. The thread is about using SDF to export and import from and back to emulated cart. I am curious, are you running on a custom firmware? That could be how the firmware handles the save, by creating a save binary file.
Not using gateway just a regular retail version on 1.1.0. No custom firmware either, I'm running 9.9.0-26E

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not using gateway just a regular retail version on 1.1.0. No custom firmware either, I'm running 9.9.0-26E
Okay, I think I see what is going on. If using a save dongle to get the save file or using Gateway save dumper will not work. The saves needs to be decrypted or uncompressed, and the way to do that is to use SaveGameFiler. The only way I know off the top of my head is to run that is through a custom firmware or Gateway. Problem is you're on too high of a firmware to take advantage of SDF. Although I have not been reading up on newer exploits like ironhax or Turbohax.
Please correct me on this if I am wrong.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I think I see what is going on. If using a save dongle to get the save file or using Gateway save dumper will not work. The saves needs to be decrypted or uncompressed, and the way to do that is to use SaveGameFiler. The only way I know off the top of my head is to run that is through a custom firmware or Gateway. Problem is you're on too high of a firmware to take advantage of SDF. Although I have not been reading up on newer exploits like ironhax or Turbohax.
Please correct me on this if I am wrong.
Yeah @Baccabechoppin you have to use Save Data Manager or SVDT, both need ironhax/tubehax

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Used save data manager to extract the files with tubehax, so wouldn't I just remove the save.bin files before reimporting?
Not sure where you got save.bin.

You're suppose to end up with system_data.bin and account_data.bin. Edit the latter, put them on the SD card in the same structure it came in, then import it into the game.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure where you got save.bin.

You're suppose to end up with system_data.bin and account_data.bin. Edit the latter, put them on the SD card in the same structure it came in, then import it into the game.
After extracting the files I end up with 3 files and a folder called save_data (which houses the system_data.bin and account_data.bin files) the other 3 files are called save0, save1 and save2

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After extracting the files I end up with 3 files and a folder called save_data (which houses the system_data.bin and account_data.bin files) the other 3 files are called save0, save1 and save2
I've never seen those save0/1/2 files using SDF, weird :/

I guess just ignore those and focus on editing system_data.bin only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1