ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people of the temp, the first functional smash 4 moveset editor. With it you can view and edit fighter, weapon, and item scripts.

This is only a beta release for now, but all base features are all functional. Currently, the application supports full text editor based code writing with syntax highlighting and code completion. There are many other features that are usable in the list below as well. Do note that the application is still under active development and some features may be unstable / incomplete. Open to suggestions for a better name!

Usable Features
  • Basic code completion
  • Features a Multi-tabbed text editor.
  • Syntax highlighting of integer types.
  • Supports parsing animation .pac or .bch files to retrieve Script names.
  • Expandable event dictionary (Events.cfg in startup directory)
  • Customizable event syntax keywords and descriptions. (Events.cfg)
  • Supports opening full characters or single files individually.
  • Exporting event lists as plaintext.
  • Tooltips when hovering over commands.
  • Exporting full character dumps as .txt.
Planned Updates
  • Realtime error checking of the code box.
  • Adding new event lists to files.
  • Creating entirely new ACMD files.
  • Creating entirely new MTable files.
Known Bugs
  • Saving an event list without an Script_End() command will cause the eventlist to merge with the next, corrupting the file.
  • Does not warn on exiting before saving.
Source Code: https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Sm4sh-Tools

Downloads:
  • Stable Build - Latest official release. More stable, but missing latest developements.
  • Nightly Build - Built from latest commit to master branch. Includes latest features, but less stable.
3HBRdsw.png
FAQ:
  • How do i use this? What files do i open?
  • You can either open individual fighter files (File->Open->file..) or you can open the full fighter folder at once. Just browse to the folder containing the character's AnimCmd files. (File->Open->Fighter..). The fighter files consist of the effect, expression, gfx, and sfx .bin files as well as the motion.mtable.
  • All i see is a bunch of numbers! How do i know what scripts belong to what animations?
  • View->Parse Animations. Browse to the characters animation file. For the 3ds, this is the main.bch. On wiiu, it is the fighter's main.pac file.
  • Where do i get these files? I extracted the game, but all i have are two large files called dt and ls.
  • Those are the archives that the game stores all of it's files in. Unfortunately, we have to extract this in order to edit any files. Fortunately, there are two ways to go about this. 1.) Download and use the DTLSExtractor from the OP. 2.) Use the python script from Comex's Repository.
  • Okay, i did everything and edited some stuff, but now i can't repack the DT file! is there anything to do this?
  • Currently, you can only patch the DT archive with changes. Full rebuild capabilities will come in the future, but for now patched files must not be larger than the original. To patch the archive, use DTLSExtractor:
  • Code:
    DTLS.exe -r <dt file(s)> <ls file> <patch folder>

Last edited by Sammi Husky,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just moveset files for now. As I Reverse Engineer more of Smash4's architecture (or others do and the information becomes public), i'll probably start writing a data explorer similar to Brawlbox. Which shouldn't be too hard considering BBox is one of my other projects. I could probably reuse a bunch of the codebase.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Nice job looking into this! Not a big fan of SSB, but this sure will make a lot of fans happy!

It looks really complete and functional, too. Might have to give it a try eventually.

Reactions: Margen67

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But for information: Project M mods are really possible on SSB 3ds? Because i love (and only) the super smash bros melee style, and i love all project m mods ^^

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for information: Project M mods are really possible on SSB 3ds? Because i love (and only) the super smash bros melee style, and i love all project m mods ^^

Well in reality, nearly anything should be possible. Brawl was actually a bit harder to hack than smash4 is going to be it seems. The desire to make the game more dynamic and changeable (for updates / DLC if they wanted) made the game a bit easier to change. Brawl on the other hand was packaged on disc with the thought that they would never need to touch the files or game ever again. So, with that in mind, it should be possible to create a melee styled mod with enough work. In the future of course, since we still need to figure out alot of the architecture. This is just one essential step in the process :)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah i know this, its normal: every great things, need much time :) I only want to know, and now im wait the "evolution" of this work, that maybe will make smash for 3ds a very amazing game :D

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'll be extremely happy once we're able to even modify/replace stages - like, 80% of Sm4sh 3DS' stages are super gimmicky - I know, Omega mode, but that's just stupid - most characters need platforms to do well. Also, if I've theorized right, is it already possible to have custom music?

Reactions: Margen67 and henn64

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean there might be a chance of Smash 4Minus? :creep: ;)

Because Minus is best Brawl!

Well...i can't speak officially for the other Minus Team members, but lets just say you might want to keep your eyes out for us :rolleyes:

I'll be extremely happy once we're able to even modify/replace stages -

Im actually looking into this next! hopefully it won't be too difficult. I know that some of the systems have been preserved from brawl..but just how many were kept is the question.

ProudPenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What tools did you use to extract the ACMD files? I dumped and extracted the romfs.bin, and was left with:
Code:
.crr/
movie/
sound/
cro.sarc
dt
ls
static.crs

I take it the next step is to extract cro.sarc, but EveryFileExplorer doesn't seem to open it properly. It doesn't error, just doesn't bring up the table. did you use something else to extract it, or am I further off base than I think?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What tools did you use to extract the ACMD files? I dumped and extracted the romfs.bin, and was left with:
Code:
.crr/
movie/
sound/
cro.sarc
dt
ls
static.crs

I take it the next step is to extract cro.sarc, but EveryFileExplorer doesn't seem to open it properly. It doesn't error, just doesn't bring up the table. did you use something else to extract it, or am I further off base than I think?

You should be able to extract sarc with comex's script:
https://github.com/Relys/smash-stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: