Hacking [Release] Shovel Knight,Azure Striker,Mighty Gunvolt,Moon Chronicles -BigBlueBox-

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Streetpass does not work in Shovel Knight. It says that you should accept the licence agreement eternally. I wonder if we’ll ever get things like that patched. It’s pretty irritating that you have to accept the agreement every time you launch the game too.
Damn, that's a shame. I was looking forward to the streetpass features. Suppose I'll wait for the EUR version, if they ever get around to releasing it I'd probably buy it from the eshop myself. Take my money dammit!

Reactions: octopus

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
partycat-partytime-med.jpg

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No man, its just a shit poor excuse to bring out a cheap game and call it retro style to make money!

I take it that you're the type of modern gamer that's all about having HD graphics in everything? That's fine for you. There's just no need to shit all over everyone else who can appreciate the art style of 2-D sprites in video games. Some of us here grew up playing games in the 8-bit and 16-bit era. This game is a love letter to my generation of gamers, paying homage to a time where immersion was not a gaming buzzword and controllers had only a d-pad and a couple of buttons.

Just keep playing your Call of Shooter: HD Reskin 37, while the rest of us enjoy our retro gaming walk down memory lane.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I take it that you're the type of modern gamer that's all about having HD graphics in everything? That's fine for you. There's just no need to shit all over everyone else who can appreciate the art style of 2-D sprites in video games. Some of us here grew up playing games in the 8-bit and 16-bit era. This game is a love letter to my generation of gamers, paying homage to a time where immersion was not a gaming buzzword and controllers had only a d-pad and a couple of buttons.

Just keep playing your Call of Shooter: HD Reskin 37, while the rest of us enjoy our retro gaming walk down memory lane.

No m8, you've got me all wrong and twisted! I still own an original NES in mint condition with SMB/Duck Hunt Bundle still with the box which I won in a newspaper competition back in the day when they first came out, which is still my favorite respected console out the bunch I own today so I have total respect for that console and that era but what I don't have respect for is cheap poor efforts of making games nowadays when you are wanting something of this era not the yesta year!

Reactions: piratesephiroth

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just leaving a bit of feedback.

Without taking in account Moon Chronicles and the Dog Garfield Baseball game, I can recommend Azure Striker. Shovel Knight and Mighty Gunvolt may be good games, but I couldn't just enjoy them (they are too difficult for my taste), also the fact that I really started in the SNES era (even though I played a bit of some NES games with friends) may have something to do with my disappointment in these games.

Azure Striker, while it's a fairly difficult game, it's enjoyable and offers a non-frustrating experience due to the lack of a life system.

Quote: Azure Striker Gunvolt is not about staying alive, but about playing well.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Shovel Knight and Mighty Gunvolt may be good games, but I couldn't just enjoy them (they are too difficult for my taste)...

Right... I had to put my 3DS down and comfort my poor dog for a while because I got so pissed off at it that she started thinking I was scolding her. Would only recommend Shovel Knight if you have a high level of patience (If you grew up playing an NES, then you probably do).

Kurt117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Right... I had to put my 3DS down and comfort my poor dog for a while because I got so pissed off at it that she started thinking I was scolding her. Would only recommend Shovel Knight if you have a high level of patience (If you grew up playing an NES, then you probably do).
yeah it's kinda hard but it's enjoyable xD at least for me,everytime i die or fail miserably i try and think harder to pass that part.....

Reactions: Huntereb

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just leaving a bit of feedback.

Without taking in account Moon Chronicles and the Dog Garfield Baseball game, I can recommend Azure Striker. Shovel Knight and Mighty Gunvolt may be good games, but I couldn't just enjoy them (they are too difficult for my taste), also the fact that I really started in the SNES era (even though I played a bit of some NES games with friends) may have something to do with my disappointment in these games.

Azure Striker, while it's a fairly difficult game, it's enjoyable and offers a non-frustrating experience due to the lack of a life system.

Quote: Azure Striker Gunvolt is not about staying alive, but about playing well.
Mighty Gunvolt is kinda easy... finished it with the angel girl in like half an hour.
Azure Striker Gunvolt is pretty boring... Lots of dumb dialogue and that weird electric thing (trying hard not to be a megaman game, although the whole design screams Megaman Zero)

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No m8, you've got me all wrong and twisted! I still own an original NES in mint condition with SMB/Duck Hunt Bundle still with the box which I won in a newspaper competition back in the day when they first came out, which is still my favorite respected console out the bunch I own today so I have total respect for that console and that era but what I don't have respect for is cheap poor efforts of making games nowadays when you are wanting something of this era not the yesta year!
Thats why not all games are catered to you...obviously the game was not a cheap poor effort seeing how it got great reviews and sold well by exceeding their total expectations on day 1. I love these types of games and would rather have more of them opposed to the same shit game like CoD which just gets recycled every year. Give me a classic style Mega Man and Castlevania over about 95% of their new era garbage as well.

Reactions: Nightwish

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mighty Gunvolt is kinda easy... finished it with the angel girl in like half an hour.
Azure Striker Gunvolt is pretty boring... Lots of dumb dialogue and that weird electric thing (trying hard not to be a megaman game, although the whole design screams Megaman Zero)
from what I've seen the angel girl is by FAR the best character though. Dat float.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
shovel knight on normal is pretty easy

Especially as you can always have 2 full health + magic refills on you. At least that's how it seems for me so far.

Also, this game is so pretty in 3D! It makes my want of a screenshot feature increase! (Miiverse is crap, and I think they even removed saving pics. Not sure)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
BBB has just released some others on the go, 3D Classics Kirby & Kid Icarus and also a great little game Splash or Crash but also I must note the 3D Classics have the wrong info, the games are the wrong way round so if you want 3D kirby then download 3D Kid Icarus :)

Reactions: Nightwish

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
BBB has just released some others on the go, 3D Classics Kirby & Kid Icarus and also a great little game Splash or Crash but also I must note the 3D Classics have the wrong info, the games are the wrong way round so if you want 3D kirby then download 3D Kid Icarus :)

3D Classic Kirby? OMGGGGGGGGGG YES!

I did it. I saved $5. I told myself I would wait for it to be dumped. It took a year but it happened!

I got that KI game free through CLub Nintendo. Its hard as balls.

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land