Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2426946-997805_171974_front.jpg

Language
: English text, Japanese voices
Description: I've spent a few days reverse engineering the game, and came up with an undub version. This is the whole game as we know it in its US version, but US voices have been replaced by the Japanese ones.

Notes:
- moflex videos are untouched, but contain no dialogues.
- there are more japanese voice files than in the english version (for example, one specific NPC can be dubbed in the japanese release, but not in the US release). I didn't bring those back. It might be possible to insert new entries in the english game and bring those additional voice files, but it's more complicated. I might look into it in the future.
- all the existing english voice files in the american release have been remapped to the corresponding japanese voice files.

On a final note, if you like this game, please support the editor and buy the original, as I did. I've made this mod to create what I consider to be a superior version of the game, but we should still support Atlus for them to localize more SMT games :)

I don't think I can post a link to my undub, but you can look for 'Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Summoner (USA) - Undub V1' posted with my nickname, on that 'chaos' site :)

Please report any issue you might find with the undubbed version, and I will look it up!
In the future, I might post a standalone patch if there is enough demand :)
Cheers

Last edited by HiD,

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy damn, nice. I was actually trying to undub the game in the past but due to the .bin structure differences between Jap and Eng version it was beyond me. No matter what I tried the game always ended up freezing upon getting to main menu.

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I went into the same issue at first, the key is to rebuild a voice file and the voice table in code.bin. Not exactly a piece of cake, but it worked out :)

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice, hopefully one day you will also reinsert the voices for the world map NPC conversations that got cut from the English version.
By the way, you wouldn't happen to know how to properly repack CIAs, would you?

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately that is only for games, I'm looking for a guide specifically for repacking DLCs, but thanks anyway.

Last edited by Canzah,

qtfoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might post a standalone patch if there is enough demand :)
Hi, thank you for this. I've been curious about the original VA for a long time, this gives me a good excuse to replay a fourth time. I am interested to see either NTR or even Hans patch if possible for use with a physical copy of the game.

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, thank you for this. I've been curious about the original VA for a long time, this gives me a good excuse to replay a fourth time. I am interested to see either NTR or even Hans patch if possible for use with a physical copy of the game.
You need to be able to use a patched code.bin in exefs. I don't believe NTR allows you to do that, but you might be able to do it with luma code patch, then use NTR for romfs.
I'll give it a try for fun, might make my life easier when I try to add cut voices in western localization.

SommenRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to be able to use a patched code.bin in exefs. I don't believe NTR allows you to do that, but you might be able to do it with luma code patch, then use NTR for romfs.
I'll give it a try for fun, might make my life easier when I try to add cut voices in western localization.

Would the .plg have to be generated with the original exefs or the new one? Does NTR kick in before the luma .code swap, or after?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...