Homebrew [Release] ScummVM 3DS

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leisure Suit Larry 1 VGA remake Now works*
*[you nee dto puch down on the DPad so that the actin menu shows atleast one then you can interact with the game past the Questionaire]

TarableCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All is working perfectly with the new CIA build, tested with LOOM.
Thanks for your awesome work :)

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry @TheCruel , I forgot to dump the dsp.
With Smash Bros it loaded fine though, so I concluded something wrong.

Besides my wrong observations, on N3DS I experienced a crash in MI3 in the restaurant of Blondebeard, I think when the audio should be repeated.

Cap'n Josh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! One problem though, is that on the N3DS (non-XL) the edges of the screen aren't accessible with the stylus. It's not always an issue, unless the area to click for the "next screen" is right at the edge. I was testing some of my old games and got stuck in a hallway in LSL 6. I don't know if the XL has the same problem, but circle pad implementation sounds like a great way to fix it.

amicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CD version of full throttle is freezing on ripburger speech in near the end of the game!

o3ds/ v0.2

Last edited by amicus,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Bit of a noob but desperate to relive my youth with these games so really appreciate any advice to confirm if I have got the right steps I have to take to get this working on my O3ds with latest gateway emunand.

1. Install HBL as a cia.
2. Run HBL and install dspfirm dumper.3dsx file (I've not used HBL before - is this fairly obvious how to do? What do I do with the smdh file of the same name - put them all in the same folder?)
3. Come out of HBL and install the latest CIA version of scumm
4. Run it and then load games - do they need to be in a specific folder? What versions of the games am I looking for, DOS ones?

Cheers!
Pretty much you've got it. You just stick the the dsp_firm_dumper folder into a 3dsx folder on the root of your SD card and run it from within the Homebrew Loader (be connected to the Internet the first time you use HBL, the CIA version of the HBL should download an appropriate payload for your system menu version if there isn't one).

ScummVM games can be in any folder you want really (make sure you copy the files in that archive with the CIA to your the root of your SD card btw, ScummVM needs those). Lots of different game versions should work...talkie CD versions, floppy versions...IIRC both the mac and Windows versions should work. You're probably covered regardless of what version you have unless it were missing files or something.

Last edited by 9thSage,

Ryoxsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just played through a whole game of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo. It's working wonderfully! Thank you so much!

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much you've got it. You just stick the the dsp_firm_dumper folder into a 3dsx folder on the root of your SD card and run it from within the Homebrew Loader (be connected to the Internet the first time you use HBL, the CIA version of the HBL should download an appropriate payload for your system menu version if there isn't one).

ScummVM games can be in any folder you want really (make sure you copy the files in that archive with the CIA to your the root of your SD card btw, ScummVM needs those). Lots of different game versions should work...talkie CD versions, floppy versions...IIRC both the mac and Windows versions should work. You're probably covered regardless of what version you have unless it were missing files or something.
Thanks so much for your advice!

Actually, one further question. With the CIA there is a '3ds' folder is that what I put on the route of my sd card or is the folder inside, the 'scummvm' folder?
Cheers!

I installed the HB Launcher_Loader 1.1 as a cia file and tried to run it - and have ended up with a red lower screen. Should I have put some other files on the route of my sd card? The wifi was on.

Last edited by RitchieRitchie,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an official compatibility list? I'm guessing larger, complex games like Broken Sword will not work.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great 0.2 release. Thank you very much.

Any chance for binding the right mouse click to the right D-Pad? I find myself alyways pressing that instead of up. Alsoa a vote from me for reserving the bottom screen for pointer moving with the stylus in black and having a cursor on the top screen.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for your advice!

Actually, one further question. With the CIA there is a '3ds' folder is that what I put on the route of my sd card or is the folder inside, the 'scummvm' folder?
Cheers!

I installed the HB Launcher_Loader 1.1 as a cia file and tried to run it - and have ended up with a red lower screen. Should I have put some other files on the route of my sd card? The wifi was on.
Yeah, the 3DS folder there needs to go on your SD card. AS for HB Launcher...it is supposed to download it from the Internet if it's not found on SD..maybe try again? If you have to you can download the correct one for your system menu/region/etc from the Homebrew Launcher page and stick it on your SD card. Name it as follows: hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA.bin (NEW or OLD depending on your 3DS, the number there is your system menu version, and the last bit is your region).

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the 3DS folder there needs to go on your SD card. AS for HB Launcher...it is supposed to download it from the Internet if it's not found on SD..maybe try again? If you have to you can download the correct one for your system menu/region/etc from the Homebrew Launcher page and stick it on your SD card. Name it as follows: hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA.bin (NEW or OLD depending on your 3DS, the number there is your system menu version, and the last bit is your region).
Thanks for answering me. The problem with the HBL was that I didn't have the boot 3ds.x file - but I got it and was able to launch it. I only quickly tested Full Throttle and it seemed to work but that was with the scummvm folder in the root of my sd card as opposed to the 3ds folder (which contained it). Do you think I should go and change it? Also, in your opinion what would be the best games to go for?

cheers!

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for answering me. The problem with the HBL was that I didn't have the boot 3ds.x file - but I got it and was able to launch it. I only quickly tested Full Throttle and it seemed to work but that was with the scummvm folder in the root of my sd card as opposed to the 3ds folder (which contained it). Do you think I should go and change it? Also, in your opinion what would be the best games to go for?

cheers!
Oh jeez, figures I'd forget a part. :P Anyway...I would put it in the 3DS folder. I don't know for sure but I imagine it expects it to go there so you might run into a problem eventually where it tries to access one of the files from there and has some issue. As for the best games...well, I was playing Sam and Max Hit the Road on it the other day and that was pretty cool. There's always Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle, too.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

AHB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
https://github.com/Cruel/scummvm/wiki/Game-Compatibility-list (wip obviously)

And I don't know about n3DS, but on the o3DS there will definitely be lag on more complex games. I don't know squat about 3DS architecture, but I'm guessing an option to disable one of the screens would help alleviate lag issues.

Thanks for the link. Remember broken sword is a CD game (and I think with CDA tracks). I would be surprised if it ran perfect.

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I load an .iso game like Full Throttle?

Also, is there a way to turn off the top display because it's odd having duplicated screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Texasauras why did you start a thread, ignored all the answers there, then come here to chat... +1