Homebrew [Release] ScummVM 3DS

EdisLeado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, the CIA gives me an error message like others have mentioned. I'm using a New 3DS XL on the latest firmware (on emunand) with Reinand.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another thing: I tried the CD DOS version of Monkey Island (first one), and it didn't have any sound. Is anyone else getting that?
No Music but sound = Compressed audio total Mute you need to run the DSP Firmware Dumper.

Unfortunately, the CIA gives me an error message like others have mentioned. I'm using a New 3DS XL on the latest firmware (on emunand) with Reinand.
seems to be trending the CIA vers w/ the N3DS is having trouble either w/ sound totally reguardless of having the DSP Dumped or that it crashes.

Last edited by Dracari,

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the information, that's very odd that it would work for some people and not others on the same system. I'll look into it. I'm fixing it now anyways so that you can suspend/resume/sleep the CIA and such.

If you PM me your rsf I could Check it. I had similar problems with the CIA of Handy3DS and it was for an outdated version of the rsf and of makefile, now I'm using a version of rsf that Rinnegatamante gave me.

C0ntroller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No Music but sound = Compressed audio total Mute you need to run the DSP Firmware Dumper.
Other user here - have DSP already dumped. Is in 3ds folder, like it is automatically, do I have to do something other? Ah and I have some sounds but no music, strange thing...

EDIT: Ahh should have read more forward ;D
does anyone can tell me how I convert flac to ogg/mp3?

Last edited by C0ntroller,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My dreams come true, thanks to you TheCruel ! I'll finally be able to (re)play Day of the Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, and a lot of amazing 90s point and click games, everywhere I want !

3dsx version works perfectly fine on my french N3DS A9LH + AuReiNAND 4.2 (under sysNAND 10.7) if I boot it with Zelda Link between world. I dumped DSP then tried DOTT, Maniac Mansion, Sam & Max and Monkey Island, they work nicely, with sound (ogg) and gorgeous graphisms (except the upper screen, really blurry with that zoom factor).

BTW, like it was already reported by other users, I tried the CIA version, on 2 different New 3DS (with the same setup : AuReiNAND 4.2 + A9LH) : it crashes on boot with the typical error message.

Just asking (not requesting), do you plan to add (in the near future or later) some options like :
  • disable upper screen
  • change upper screen zoom factor
  • disable select in-game (or change its behavior)
?

ps : in all scummVM builds, pushing keyboard "up" adds a "mass add" option (instead of add game...), does it work on 3DS ? (i tried D-pad UP with no success). It's a really nice feature to add games in one shot.

Last edited by Badablek,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested on 2DS 10.7 and ninjhax 2.7, scummvm menu is black, theme isn't load. I add broken sword game but ScummVM doesn't find the game !!!
It's black by default. You can choose alternative theme in options. But using the other theme will mean it takes a couple extra seconds to boot up.

Reactions: Cid2mizard

satelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to confirm that the CIA version is working fine on my 2DS with a9lh + AureiNand 4.2 + Upgraded Sysnand 10.3!

I'm testing Monkey Island 1 & 2 Ultimate Talkie Editions and they work just great! I used dsp firm dumper from homebrew launcher first, of course.

Last edited by satelman,
Reactions: TheCruel

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is flac support (Monkey Island CD version) planned any time soon, or will you first focus on other things?
It will be in next release (I already have it added). But I wont release until I can fix this audio issue reading some files (like BUN files from The Dig and CoMI). Worked on it a lot yesterday and couldn't figure it out. It's probably something simple so hopefully won't take too much more time.

Last edited by TheCruel,
Reactions: SLiV3R and kedest

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It will be in next release (I already have it added). But I wont release until I can fix this audio issue reading some files (like BUN files from The Dig and CoMI). Worked on it a lot yesterday and couldn't figure it out. It's probably something simple so hopefully won't take too much more time.

Sweet, can't wait. I'm sure you'll get it figured out, keep up the good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: