Homebrew [Release] ScummVM 3DS

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep Compressed files was killing voices, but i did get ManiacMansion to work,
Ahh okay bummer was really hoping it would work >_<

you need it seems MANIC.OVL, when i copied it from the original DOTT CD's Folder w/ Maniac Mansion it loaded up, i belive i have the amiga Files on my SD right now so i dont have any music i'll try swapping it w/ DoTT's files

but here's a screencap of it running (my iphone4's camera is Shite!)
t1A9Dt3.jpg

after diffrent versions i couldnt get Music Working and seems this lacks the ability to even try the NES Vers. but hey atleast sound effects work so MM for now isnt completely Mute

Last edited by Dracari,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

This looks freaking awesome! I'm a bit of a noob though so would really appreciate it if anyone could give me an idiot's proof guide to installing/using it - or even if it's possible with my set up? I have an O3ds 4.5 with gateway on the latest emunand... And that's pretty much it. I uses CIA files for all my games. I don't have the HBL launcher installed but I do have youtube if that makes a difference.

Any advice would be brilliant!

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

This looks freaking awesome! I'm a bit of a noob though so would really appreciate it if anyone could give me an idiot's proof guide to installing/using it - or even if it's possible with my set up? I have an O3ds 4.5 with gateway on the latest emunand... And that's pretty much it. I uses CIA files for all my games. I don't have the HBL launcher installed but I do have youtube if that makes a difference.

Any advice would be brilliant!

you have a situation similar to mine:

Great work.
Launching the 3dsx is alittle bit tricky for my, I have a 03DS with 4.5 sysnand and I have to use CN to launch ninjhax1.1, run RXTools, go to Emunand (latest FW), run HB Launcher Cia version and finally run the emulator. But it's worth it :lol:

You could install HBlauncher CIA version for Gateway on your emunand to run the 3dsx while the cia version get fixed. Let me know if it works.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The intro of CoMI runs very fine, but when playing the dialogues (I'm using text at the maximun speed) seems to never end. Normally you can stop it with some action, but when there is an interaction with a character, you are blocked because you can't click anywhere and the first phrase never end.

This way it's not playable. Someone should check if it's a problem with the low clock of the o3ds. Maybe ona N3ds it works fine.

I found that I can stop the blocking text part typing "." on the consolle. This way I was able to finish chapter 1.

A little tricky, but at least the game is playable. @TheCruel is it possible to map the "." key on the 3ds Y key? At the moment it is unused. I think that a quick way to stop text output could be usefull for other games too.

The game is a little slow, there is no Sound effect and no Speech output, but I'm trying to extract the mp3 from the cd tracks. I'll let you know.

usineur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TheCruel's CIA doesn't work on my N3DS (A9LH AuReiNand 4.2). Immidiate black screen on startup with that generic error message.
So am I. I wonder... is the Youtube app a requirement to run the ScummVM CIA, or is that only for the 3dsx only ?

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
hum it's so weird i tried the first 3dsx file and scummvm-cia-0.1r2.zip using the game Day of the Tentacle
the sound works fine in 3dsx version but in cia version it just mute, did i do anything wrong?
sysNAND 9.2 A9LH with AuReiNAND 4.2 emuNAND 10.7 J

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hum it's so weird i tried the first 3dsx file and scummvm-cia-0.1r2.zip using the game Day of the Tentacle
the sound works fine in 3dsx version but in cia version it just mute, did i do anything wrong?
sysNAND 9.2 A9LH with AuReiNAND 4.2 emuNAND 10.7 J
You need to use this: http://rinnegatamante.it/dsp_firmware_dumper.rar

Merely running it will dump the DSP firm to your SD card. Homebrew CIAs need this to use DSP audio.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

TheCruel's CIA doesn't work on my N3DS (A9LH AuReiNand 4.2). Immidiate black screen on startup with that generic error message.
Did you copy all the files (the /3ds/scummvm/ folder) to the SD card?

If you did, I have no idea why it's working for some people and not others.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just converted original COMI files to MP3 audio (NDS setup) utilizing SCUMM Tools and the audio is syill missing. Now also the intro audio is missing. I'm using the 3dsx.

Other games are fine. I'll revert to original files an try to see if the debugger give some hints.

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
You need to use this: http://rinnegatamante.it/dsp_firmware_dumper.rar

Merely running it will dump the DSP firm to your SD card. Homebrew CIAs need this to use DSP audio.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
cool!! it really works :D amazing !!thanks man <3 u so much now only hang on exit for the cia version BTW do u plan to add a joystick support to move the mouse?

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just converted original COMI files to MP3 audio (NDS setup) utilizing SCUMM Tools and the audio is syill missing. Now also the intro audio is missing. I'm using the 3dsx.

Other games are fine. I'll revert to original files an try to see if the debugger give some hints.

Wow COMI is the best one, it must work!!

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you copy all the files (the /3ds/scummvm/ folder) to the SD card?

If you did, I have no idea why it's working for some people and not others.
Yes, I did. I also gave the other CIA from this thread a try. That one starts, but the games crash. Monkey Island 2 after the intro. Simon 1 doesn't start at all.

EDIT: After running the link DSP Firmware Dumper those two games seem to work, even with sound.

The only problem with Simon is, that I cannot set speech + text in its game options. The menus are greyed out.

Last edited by SpaceJump,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm going to add most (if not all) available audio decoders. I thought some were superfluous, but perhaps not.

cool!! it really works :D amazing !!thanks man <3 u so much now only hang on exit for the cia version BTW do u plan to add a joystick support to move the mouse?
Yeah.

Reactions: SLiV3R

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, in the future it would be excelent if there was an option for it to display the game only on the top screen and use the circle pad for controlling the mouse pointer.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu