Hacking [Release] Savegame Manager Plugin for NTR 1.0 & 2.0

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, of course you can extract saves from installed games.

(Not saves from a .cia itself obviously, as they don't have any sort of save functionality) :P
Thanks, now I can extract the save from my AS legit cia to use with PKHeX. Do you know if I can somehow inject the save into a retail card?

Reactions: Margen67

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't for the life of me dump retail SSB. I hold down L then hit A to start the game and I see the first green flash, but I never see a second green flash. I tried to let the n3DS sit there for about 5 minutes and I got no exported save. I'm using NTR2.2 + Save Manager Plugin for NTR2.0 on 9.2.0

I would reinstall the CFW with the plugin if I were you.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks, now I can extract the save from my AS legit cia to use with PKHeX. Do you know if I can somehow inject the save into a retail card?
Of course, replace the extracted save with the modified save, then hold R while loading the retail card to restore the modified save.

Make sure you backup the save before editing.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, replace the extracted save with the modified save, then hold R while loading the retail card to restore the modified save.

Make sure you backup the save before editing.
I'm wondering why Pokemon XY has the anti-save restore, but Pokemon ORAS doesn't.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, wait if you dump the save using NTR CFW from a retail cartridge it dumps the save in such way that you can import it using SavDataFiler ?
Yes. It decrypts the save.

It's either encrypted or its decrypted, there's no "NTR way" or "SaveDataFiler way". It either is or isn't.

Reactions: Ra1d
D

Deleted-19228

I'm wondering why Pokemon XY has the anti-save restore, but Pokemon ORAS doesn't.

Currently all Card2-based save digital downloads have anti-save restore. This only affects the eShop installed version, this does not affect saving/restoring to the cartridge itself.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently all Card2-based save digital downloads have anti-save restore. This only affects the eShop installed version, this does not affect saving/restoring to the cartridge itself.
So Pokemon X/Y and ORAS saves can be restored to the retail cards without causing corruption?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Migrating savegames also works between different language versions (possibly even different region versions) of the same game. Again, thank you for a great tool!

Longer explanation: I started playing Miracle Mask in german, but then halfway through the game noticed that the german speakers annoy the hell out of me, so I switched to the english (euopean) version. With NTR Savegame Manager, I made backups of both games, then moved the german backup into the english backup folder (via PC). Restored it via the save game manager and it worked without any problems.

Maybe we can have some kind of file explorer plugin for NTR later on? Maybe even via FTP? Using a screwdriver to get access to the MSD on N3DS sure is annoying, and none of the already existing file explorers (for Ninjhax) work.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Migrating savegames also works between different language versions (possibly even different region versions) of the same game. Again, thank you for a great tool!

Longer explanation: I started playing Miracle Mask in german, but then halfway through the game noticed that the german speakers annoy the hell out of me, so I switched to the english (euopean) version. With NTR Savegame Manager, I made backups of both games, then moved the german backup into the english backup folder (via PC). Restored it via the save game manager and it worked without any problems.

Maybe we can have some kind of file explorer plugin for NTR later on? Maybe even via FTP? Using a screwdriver to get access to the MSD on N3DS sure is annoying, and none of the already existing file explorers (for Ninjhax) work.
the debugger has a file transfer tool, but it doesn't give you a directory view or anything like that , you have to know the exact file-path and name of the file you want to retrieve/replace

can you not use the built in MicroSD management thats in system settings,granted it means rebooting after using it, but if you only need it occasionally

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't work for me, I copied the whole "NTR 2.0" folder to the root of my microSD, loaded the CFW, holding "L" before launching a game...and nothing flashes green.

Edit**

NVM, got it, works great!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom