[RELEASE] PS4IDENT - Find hackable consoles!

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by KiiWii, Oct 5, 2018.

1. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I'm back with a new tool today which has one simple aim: identify the potential OFW version on a sealed new console (obviously this wont work for secondhand or refurbished consoles). No more need to scour the internet and search forums, I have done it for you!

PS4IDENT IS HOSTED HERE: https://bit.ly/2yiePVX
    MIRRORS: <COMING SOON>

This is based on collated information (which is freely available) from PSDEVWIKI (HERE & HERE) Wikipedia (HERE), the uber-handy [Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List thread by @Scarecrow B , and a few long days of googling.

All you do is access the link, type in the relevant information from the console packaging and judge for your selves based on the traffic light warnings. (RED = forget it, YELLOW = possibly one OFW or the other, GREEN = almost definitely confirmed). To avoid confusion: this is a java script web app & it does not require it to be run on a PS4, it will not detect a PS4, it can be run on any browser that supports JS.

Splash screen:

I also wanted to showcase the various limited and special edition consoles that have been released (included CUHJ- and CUHS- models). They have been included, with images, but a quick access drop down list I had prepared didnt add anything to the app so I ditched it for the first release.

Example data read out.:

There are almost definitely overlapping/conflicting data points, and so this beta phase STRICTLY aims for people to verify the data more than use it to find a console, & I am asking you guys for confirmation/additional data to make this more accurate.

While I have, and will continue to update this and do my best to provide honest and impartial data, I can not accept any responsibility for any purchases that result in a incorrect firmware. I think it's impossible to know what every bundle and package will contain, but this will definitely rule out and funnel down the known data we have available to us.

Last edited by KiiWii, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Only1chance

Only1chance Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2018
    Costa Rica
    Thats cool, great work, but I moved from the ps4(sold) to switch scene :-)

KlariNoX likes this.
  3. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Damn sorry it’s too late :P

4. CYB3R

CYB3R Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2018
    Germany
    Nice job Buddy!

KiiWii likes this.
  5. Mo Poge

Mo Poge GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Awesome tool! Any chance it can be made typing-free by scanning in a bar code/serial number with your smartphone camera?

6. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    That’s an interesting idea however the only data would be the P/N or S/N, and not the datecode or model number.....and the EAN/SKU.

Last edited by KiiWii, Oct 6, 2018
  7. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Small update made to identify DUH-T2XXX and DUH-T7XXX series test kits.

mschumacher69, Leeful and Mo Poge like this.
  8. Eraqus

Eraqus Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Belgium
    Hi,

Where can i find the date code on the box of a PS4 PRO ? The two other information are green but i don't find the date code from the middle.

I am screening a sealed PS4 PRO 1TB JETBLACK Ronaldo Edition (fifa 18)

Thanks

9. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Eraqus fifa 18 came out 2017, so it should be fine, but first: Please let me know what the model number and p/n is.

10. Eraqus

Eraqus Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Belgium
    CUH-7016B = Model

P-27452400-6 = p/n

--> Both green on PS4Ident

11. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Good to go then :)

Eraqus likes this.
  12. Eraqus

Eraqus Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Belgium
    Ok, hope everything's gonna be all right ;-) I did not find any information or feedback about this pack on the net although i searched a lot. The only support on which i can base my judgement is PS4Ident

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It is exactly this model for info :-)

Attached Files:

13. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I would be shocked if old gen pro was above 4.7x

14. Eraqus

Eraqus Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Belgium
    The seller sells many different old gen models. Therefore, I can also choose the Gran tusrismo sport 1 TB PS4 PRO BLACK.
    Do u think m/n and p/n information without considering the date code (middle information) on PS4Ident is enough ?
    I will normally meet the seller at the end of this week.

Last edited by Eraqus, May 6, 2019
  15. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    The CUH-7XXX and date code is normally enough. If you consider certain PRO models were manufactured before 5.0X firmware existed.

16. Eraqus

Eraqus Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Belgium
    That is the problem, i don't know where to find that so important date code on the box... I have only CUH-7xxx and P-XXXXXXXX-X. BUt gran turismo sport was also released in 2017 so it should be fine :unsure: Both bundles are ok, i guess

Attached Files:

Last edited by Eraqus, May 6, 2019
  17. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    CUH-7016 is old stock. CUH-71XX & CUH-72XX are newer, there has never been a brand new unopened 7016 that has been higher than hackable.

Eraqus likes this.
  18. Eraqus

Eraqus Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Belgium
    Thank you so much for your answer ! I would like to have your opinion about one last model. It concerns the Gran turismo PS4 PRO 1 TB bundle.
    Thank you again for your patience and your support in my buying decision.

PS: That would be the very last confirmation, it is a promise. Then if i misbuy my bundle i will assume all the penalty (no matter how hard it could be) ;-).
    He asks for 300 and i definitely prefer avoiding putting my money in a lottery :-) Here we go again..

Attached Files:

Last edited by Eraqus, May 8, 2019
    KiiWii likes this.
  19. Eraqus

Eraqus Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Belgium
    I guess i didn't score points with this one :blush:

KiiWii likes this.
  20. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Sorry I was busy.

If I were you I would go for the 7016 first gen pro. It’s guaranteed :)

That pro GT sport bundle, is there a datecode? Looks like it starts with B0XX?

Eraqus likes this.