[Release] PowerPrevent SysModule

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by WerWolv, Apr 15, 2018.

1. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    Thanks to the inconvenient placement of the power button on the N3DSXL and the N2DS I had to replay many many stages because I accidentally pressed it with my finger. This SysModule brings an end to this. Let me introduce you PowerPrevent. It constantly runs in the background and disables the functionality of the power button unless the START button is held down.

How it works

Due to a limitation in the SysModule loading of Luma3DS, this project is basically a fork of Rosalina and "replaces" it with a modified version of itself. Rosalina still works like before. In addition to Rosalina, there is now a check that enables or disables the interrupt caused by a short press of the power button. Long pressing the power button will still cause a hard shutdown, without the need for pressing the START button.

Installation
    1. Go to the Luma3DS config menu by holding the SELECT button during boot
    2. Enable the option Enable loading external FIRMs and modules
    3. Copy the downloaded rosalina.cxi into the SDHC:/luma/sysmodules folder on your SD card. Don't rename the file. If it isn't called rosalina.cxi, Luma won't load it.
    4. Restart your console. Everything should be working now

Download

For now, please visit my GitHub page (@WerWolv98/PowerPrevent_SysModule) until I can post hyperlinks here. I'm sorry for this inconvenience

Credit:

Many thanks to AuroraWright for his Luma3DS project. This mod is highly based on his work.

VzUh and TurdPooCharger like this.
  2. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Germany
    " I had to replay many many stages because I accidentally pressed it with my finger."

I have no idea how this can happen but nice to see new things nontheless :)

3. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    I have quite big hands and when pressing the shoulder buttons I usually hold the 3DS with my pinky finger in place. That finger happens to allign with the power button quite nicely ^^

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Remove the battery.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    May I suggest you this? It's a bit pricey but totally makes the N3DSXL so much better, especially for those with large hands. Makes the N3DSXL feel like holding XBOX360 controller.
    https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Double-Cross-Hunting-Nintendo/dp/B01MXRGR2C

5. WerWolv
    OP

WerWolv Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2018
    Switzerland
    Thank you for that! I don't like grips that much though because I think they destroy the slick look of the console. Plus my option is free and doesn't have a delivery delay :P

6. VzUh

VzUh you are now reading my custom title

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    inside me
    AT LAST.

worst power button location ever, thanks a lot for this!

WerWolv likes this.