Hacking [Release] PlaiCDN: Download and create installable CIAs (or .3ds) with just a title ID and titlekey

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
look what i changed, do a diff.
and i think i based my code off of dumptickets, not the cdnto3ds.
there must be a reason why relys was upset at you but not me.
It isn't "just a mod" of your soft. It's a completely independent program which used to use code by @Relys, but he changed now.

PlaiCDN is completely legal and DMCA-proof for the time being.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter. Still technically compliant.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It isn't "just a mod" of your soft. It's a completely independent program which used to use code by @Relys, but he changed now.

PlaiCDN is completely legal and DMCA-proof for the time being.
However his on the other hand...

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter. Still technically compliant.
So I can take Citra, add a bit of code and rename every variable, call it Shiny3DS and license it under Apache? Of course not, because that's a completely absurd way of thinking. Renaming variables and switching the order of if statements isn't enough to vouch for a new name and the ability to just slap any license you want on it. Also, another actual case, CraftBukkit. The server literally renames every single variable for deobfuscation, however it is still copyright of Mojang and they have every right to take it down if they want to (although the DMCA that did take it down was by a contributor iirc). Diffing means nothing in terms of code originality, it's not a rewrite if it's almost 90% same in function as it's parent work. If @Plailect wanted to actually control the licensing and call it his own, he would need to start from scratch, no modifying or deriving from another work.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can take Citra, add a bit of code and rename every variable, call it Shiny3DS and license it under Apache? Of course not, because that's a completely absurd way of thinking. Renaming variables and switching the order of if statements isn't enough to vouch for a new name and the ability to just slap any license you want on it. Also, another actual case, CraftBukkit. The server literally renames every single variable for deobfuscation, however it is still copyright of Mojang and they have every right to take it down if they want to (although the DMCA that did take it down was by a contributor iirc). Diffing means nothing in terms of code originality, it's not a rewrite if it's almost 90% same in function as it's parent work. If @Plailect wanted to actually control the licensing and call it his own, he would need to start from scratch, no modifying or deriving from another work.
If this was taken to a court of law @Plailect could say it's the only way to do the same thing. This is python, it's not C where there's 500 different ways to do the same thing, there's a lot fewer. Also it is a rewrite if it's derived but has the same fuctionality, are you telling me GNU is UNIX? It was written from the ground up but used UNIX as a base, the FSF even USED UNIX to write GNU, so is GNU UNIX under your logic?

Last edited by dankzegriefer,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Switching the order of if statements wasn't for legal reasons, but so "git blame" would stop saying other people owned the whitespace and newlines.

90% the same in function? Are you kidding me?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Switching the order of if statements wasn't for legal reasons, but so "git blame" would stop saying other people owned the whitespace and newlines.

90% the same in function? Are you kidding me?
Let me quote you:

"Mine was completely rewritten to now be GPL compliant"

All you did was fix some variable names, change the orders of the imports, and moved a few things around that wouldn't be any different. I don't call that a complete rewrite. If you wanted to make a complete rewrite, you'd be starting from nothing and building it from the ground up. I'd call it more just polishing up the code than anything.

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me quote you:

"Mine was completely rewritten to now be GPL compliant"

All you did was fix some variable names, change the orders of the imports, and moved a few things around that wouldn't be any different. I don't call that a complete rewrite. If you wanted to make a complete rewrite, you'd be starting from nothing and building it from the ground up. I'd call it more just polishing up the code than anything.

Fine, call it whatever you want but everything that matters isn't the same anymore.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So in conclusion the CIA's generated by PlaiCDN are safe to use and share right?
Depending on what is "safe" for you.
Disadvantage of CIA's generated by by PlaiCDN is "dirty" tickets.

Why is it bad? Here's an example:
You installed CIA (a game or update) on 3DS which never had that title installed before.
Then you decided to delete that CIA and redownload same title from eShop.
If your CIA was generated by CDNto3DS/PlaiCDN, or if you converted it from .3ds yourself,
eShop will give you an error at 99%. If your CIA was generated by FunkyCIA - it will finish
downloading without any problems.

FBI can delete tickets from ticket.db now, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore if you want to buy game you have pirated.
But if we actually would make own tickets with valid keys as @cearp and @gamesquest1 suggested - we would be able to
redownload games from eShop without even buying them (of course, someone'd have to buy them first to get valid keys).

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on what is "safe" for you.
Disadvantage of CIA's generated by by PlaiCDN is "dirty" tickets.

Why is it bad? Here's an example:
You installed CIA (a game or update) on 3DS which never had that title installed before.
Then you decided to delete that CIA and redownload same title from eShop.
If your CIA was generated by CDNto3DS/PlaiCDN, or if you converted it from .3ds yourself,
eShop will give you an error at 99%. If your CIA was generated by FunkyCIA - it will finish
downloading without any problems.

FBI can delete tickets from ticket.db now, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore if you want to buy game you have pirated.
But if we actually would make own tickets with valid keys as @cearp and @gamesquest1 suggested - we would be able to
redownload games from eShop without even buying them (of course, someone'd have to buy them first to get valid keys).
So then why isn't anyone holding hands singing kumbaya and getting shit done?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok im gonna be a test dummy im gonna delete everything and make a fresh Emunand from from fresh Sysnand then install pokemon x 1.5 through plaicdn then delete it and attempt to download it from the eShop, if it fails at 99% which I think it will the CIA is bad if I can still redownload it then everythings fine right?

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So then why isn't anyone holding hands singing kumbaya and getting shit done?
I can't understand why they're all fighting instead of helping each other in creating ultimate tool. :)
But PlaiCDN is still the best if you want to get .3ds for eShop title, yeah.

Ok im gonna be a test dummy im gonna delete everything and make a fresh Emunand from from fresh Sysnand then install pokemon x 1.5 through plaicdn then delete it and attempt to download it from the eShop, if it fails at 99% which I think it will the CIA is bad if I can still redownload it then everythings fine right?
Yup, and you better test with titles you actually never installed before (you can check tickets in FBI).
Formatting nand will not delete tickets from ticket.db.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't understand why they're all fighting instead of helping each other in creating ultimate tool. :)
But PlaiCDN is still the best if you want to get .3ds for eShop title, yeah.

Yup, and you better test with titles you actually never installed before (you can check tickets in FBI).
Formatting nand will not delete tickets from ticket.db.
So then how do I clear it to be sure i've already downloaded every possible free item from the eShop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone