Homebrew COMPLETED [Release] Pixel-Painter : Simple Drawing Homebrew

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya Tempers, with the recent release of the Homebrew Launcher I figured I would try making something simple for people to play around with while they wait on bigger and better projects. This is a port of my original Pixel-Painter for the 3DS.
Although I would definitely say this is the better version due to the screen-capture button and that I revised it with an additional year of programming experience.

This project was made by referencing both libnx's hello-world template and the original Pixel-Painter homebrew for the 3DS.

FEATURES:
  • The ability to draw with seven different colors on the screen
  • Controls and color information on the left side of the screen
  • Take screenshots of your drawings with the screen-capture button (Includes side-menu)

Feel free to post up anything you drew with this!

Current Version: v1.8.0

1Bes2Fm.jpg

v1.5.0
dqumYUa.jpg

FwEEcCr.jpg

v1.4.0
z1kB62U.jpg

woOIgLY.jpg

v1.2.0
93EoO5A.jpg

lbigtsW.jpg

v1.0.0
hhNsXpg.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
https://github.com/16BitWonder/Pixel-Painter-Switch/releases

SOURCE:
https://github.com/16BitWonder/Pixel-Painter-Switch

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
thank you for the homebrew
it will be nice if you :
-implement a white color cuz black is already there.
-moving quickly/fast the cursor by holding the directed button left/right up/down or perhaps with one button Y/X
of corse when you have time

Last edited by mitcha,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the homebrew
it will be nice if you :
-implement a white color cuz black is already there.
-moving quickly/fast the cursor by holding the directed button left/right up/down or perhaps with one button Y/X
of corse when you have time
Both good suggestions, I'll take a go at implementing those when I get more free time. :)

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently some homebrew applications have been causing burn-in as described in this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/users-reporting-screen-burn-in-from-hbl-advice-from-pluto.497162/

I'm not sure if Pixel-Painter does, but I do know it was compiled and released prior to plutoo's hotfix for this issue.

When I get some free-time today I'll go ahead and recompile with the latest/nightly libnx just in case. I'll post again when it has been updated. I'll try to include the color white as an additional color in this update as well.

Reactions: mitcha

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just pushed the latest version.

Changes:
  • Added white as a draw-able color
  • Updated to latest libnx commit, fixes a possible screen-burn issue
  • Icon is now correctly displayed in the Homebrew Launcher Menu
Note:
  • Swapping between colors no longer looks as 'clean', this might be due to
    having compiled the app with a nightly of libnx
As a side-note I plan to also add two larger brush/pencil sizes, and work on allowing the left stick to move the cursor faster rather than one pixel at a time with the DPad.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the homebrew sir. The version you uploaded as 1.2 is still 1.0.0. I tried both the v1.2 link in your post as well as the one on the app store.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the homebrew sir. The version you uploaded as 1.2 is still 1.0.0. I tried both the v1.2 link in your post as well as the one on the app store.
You're not looking at the v1.0.0 at the top of the screen are you? It should say "version: 1.2.0" in the top left corner (see screenshot in OP), and have white as a color option when running.

If I really did upload the wrong version, sorry about that. I'll upload the proper version in the morning. :blush:

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not looking at the v1.0.0 at the top of the screen are you? It should say "version: 1.2.0" in the top left corner (see screenshot in OP), and have white as a color option when running.

If I really did upload the wrong version, sorry about that. I'll upload the proper version in the morning. :blush:

No white color or icon. It must be the same .nro and .nacp. Unless I've found some crazy glitch with the FTP homebrew app. I deleted the old .nro and .nacp and copied the files from the newer .zip files. The extracted files are the same size with all three .zip files. 233.75KB for the .nro file.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No white color or icon. It must be the same .nro and .nacp. Unless I've found some crazy glitch with the FTP homebrew app. I deleted the old .nro and .nacp and copied the files from the newer .zip files. The extracted files are the same size with all three .zip files. 233.75KB for the .nro file.
Dang guess I really did goof up, sorry about that! (And thanks for the heads up)
Like I mentioned though, I'll upload the correct version tomorrow morning.
I'll post a new reply here when I do. :)

Reactions: DocAmes1980

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I figured it out, I updated the download link in the original post incorrectly, I thought it was pointing to the 1.2 release .zip but was still pointing to the 1.0 .zip. I'll just have it point to the general release page instead of the latest .zip to fix this issue. And @DocAmes1980, thanks again for pointing this out. :)

@pwsincd Would you please update the link in your appstore to point to the release page too?

Reactions: DocAmes1980

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...