OP
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
1Qe1hPK.gif

Disclaimer: Does not work with the PS2 version of Persona 4. Backup your saves before using! We are in no way responsible for loss of data.
Created by Fennec-Kun
Special thanks to: TGE, ShrineFox, and Pan-Chan

Requirements:
A Windows OS
.Net Framework 4.6.1
A PSVita or PSTV running Henkaku (to extract the save)

What it does
By opening a data0XX.bin file dumped from a P4G save using the vita save manager homebrew application
you can modify the following values however you'd like.
  • Any party member's level
  • Any party member's Persona (and it's level, stats and EXP)
  • The skill list of any Persona you have (or unlocked in the compendium)
  • Yu Narukami's yen, courage, knowledge, expression, understanding and diligence
  • Yu Narukami's name
  • Your current party member configuration in-dungeon (you can use characters you have not yet unlocked)
  • What items you have + how many of that item you have
  • What weapons/armor/accessory/costume you have equipped for each character
  • What day it is when you load the save
  • What day the game will change to after ending the current day in the new save
  • Social Link progress for each character
  • Time of day
Download
P4G_Save_Tool

Have fun!
Important: In order to play your edited save, you must have first Created a save in the slot you've dumped.
For instance, if you don't already have a save at slot 12, saving your new .bin file from data0001 to data0012 will not work.

Last edited by Shrinefox,

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
OP
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope it does! It's a very fun game, though I'm surprised it seems to be infamous for difficulty. P4G in particular has a wide range of difficulty modes. I'd honestly suggest playing it through the first time legit, even if it's on easy. But I suppose it does make second playthroughs more exciting, too

Reactions: CymraegAce

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a game by atlus, is hard, bar none. Don't matter if it's persona (even though i never played one) Shin megami tensei (Which i did play called Nocturnal emissions or whatever... it had dante from DMC in it) Or that one like the guilty gear game. Or even the catherine game. (Of course they are not all persona games but all by atlus, theey are hard) Oh and odin sphere Muramasa rebirth, dragon's crown.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hands down my favorite game ever! Love the music, just the right difficulty and all around fun. This probably would have avoided 211 hours of gameplay to get my platinum trophy tho and multiple plays to do so. Going another round to try this wonderful app tho. Thanks for sharing and creating it!

Reactions: Shrinefox

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Persona 4 difficult? Since when?
I'm pretty shit at JRPGs, I had no issues at all with P4G, I only stuck with Izanagi as well. Huh. Hardest RPG I've ever played must be Resonance of Fate

Nice work OP btw. Not something I'd use in a million years, but neat nonetheless!

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Alex79uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work, that's a pretty comprehensive editor! I've been playing the game about three years on and off haha. About three months ago I finally got a (bad) ending, so I reloaded to continue and get a good ending (which I'd have never even known how to do if it wasn't for gamefaqs) and never got round to it yet.

Lilmaster0990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually P4 Golden nerf'd the first two bosses and gave them weaknesses that they didn't have on PS2. The First and Second Boss on Expert (Highest Difficulty on PS2) required a bit of luck if you did what I did and dedicated only 1 or 2 days max for dungeon exploring while trying to go for all social links in one run. They weren't hard like classic SMT games but like I said, did require a bit of luck if you were just plowing through the entire dungeon in 1 or 2 days max (No Fox to restore SP). Once you got the fox, the game became very easy, even on the highest difficulty in both games.

Last edited by Lilmaster0990,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually P4 Golden nerf'd the first two bosses and gave them weaknesses that they didn't have on PS2. The First and Second Boss on Expert (Highest Difficulty on PS2) required a bit of luck if you did what I did and dedicated only 1 or 2 days max for dungeon exploring while trying to go for all social links in one run. They weren't hard like classic SMT games but like I said, did require a bit of luck if you were just plowing through the entire dungeon in 1 or 2 days max. (No Fox to restore SP)
Did the original also have that super easy feature Golden has, where you can just restart on the same floor?

Lilmaster0990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the original also have that super easy feature Golden has, where you can just restart on the same floor?

No that was added into Golden for Normal and below, Hard and up you still had the choice to turn it off if you didn't want it. You could continue from the highest floor you explored when you returned to the party meet up area, but if you got a game over, you had to reload your save.

Last edited by Lilmaster0990,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thanks for the info :)
I also think PS2 had save points at boss doors, but Vita doesn't since you can just restart floor.

I'm sorry, I think I mixed it up. I think it you had the option on Normal and below but for Hard and up it was disabled. But your welcome.
I know hardest doesn't have it, hard might. NG+ lets you change it at will, but standard NG you're locked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome