• Views 140,902
  • Replies 801
  • Likes 61

RibShark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just successfully downgraded to 2.1, grabbed my OTP and installed A9LH on my European N3DSXL (using the 1 click setup). Many thanks for making this safer than ever before!

Reactions: d0k3

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, everyone, a new release, the v0.8 'real deal', based on user feedback from 0.79. This is new:
  • Vastly improved downgrade checker, now contains a new stage (0)
  • No more stage 0 / stage 1 false alerts, and stage 2 false alerts are easily fixed via CTRNAND defragmentation
  • Slot0x05 (N3DS type) NAND backup restore completely unblocked - be careful!
  • More thorough checking for SD card failures
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
Tl;dr: Don't restore your EmuNAND to SysNAND if the downgrade checker turns up a stage 0 / stage 1 failure. Fix stage 2 failures via CTRNAND defragmentation. Also, the 'One Click Setup' is the recommended way of doing things now, but wait until Plailect says it is okay to use.

Thanks go to @al3x_10m, @Supster131 and @Wolfvak for their extraordinary patience in testing this.

What steps does the One Click Setup automatically do for you? I cant really find the chronological order of the automated steps in the forum.

Maybe I am just blind af

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is this gonna get even more safe? ive been holding off from doing this because im scared to brick my 2ds and n3ds and was hoping for a relative safe way to do it.
I'd say, from my side this is the end of the line. And the only realistic way this could get more safe is if we could boot the v2.1 EmuNAND, which we might never be able to do.

What steps does the One Click Setup automatically do for you? I cant really find the chronological order of the automated steps in the forum.

Maybe I am just blind af
  1. If still bricked, validate Downgrade, Auto-Unbrick
  2. Validate Downgrade, Transfer EmuNAND to SysNAND
  3. Validate again
It stops if anything goes wrong.

Reactions: Noroxus and Doopl

Bottles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may have a problem. I downgraded from 10.5 to 2.1 and I used the one click setup in OTP helper. The problem is that I get a black screen when I rebooted after it was finished and I tried removing the SD card and nothing still happened. I looked at the log and the only problem I see is that it says that I had a firm0 hash mismatch, but it still said that I passed all the validation stages. I included a copy of my log for you guys to look over.

Attachments

• OTPHelper.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 371

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I may have a problem. I downgraded from 10.5 to 2.1 and I used the one click setup in OTP helper. The problem is that I get a black screen when I rebooted after it was finished and I tried removing the SD card and nothing still happened. I looked at the log and the only problem I see is that it says that I had a firm0 hash mismatch, but it still said that I passed all the validation stages. I included a copy of my log for you guys to look over.
That log is absolutely impossible with actual v0.80... did you somehow use one of my test versions (ie. not the release version from GitHub)? A firm0 mismatch means an almost guaranteed brick, you'll most likely have to get a NANDmod.

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
how would we do this step?
"and stage 2 false alerts are easily fixed via CTRNAND defragmentation" and can we do this anyway to prevent the alert? or do we only need to do it if we get the alert?

Bottles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That log is absolutely impossible with actual v0.80... did you somehow use one of my test versions (ie. not the release version from GitHub)? A firm0 mismatch means an almost guaranteed brick, you'll most likely have to get a NANDmod.
I was certainly using v0.80 from the GitHub. I tried v0.79 last night and still got repeated firm0 mismatches, but v0.80 let me proceed today. I've included a more complete log that includes logs from v0.79 and the files I had on my SD card. It looks like I can still boot into the recovery menu, so I'll probably update to 10.7 and try again some other time.

Attachments

• OTPHelper Files.zip
    236.6 KB · Views: 135

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was certainly using v0.80 from the GitHub. I tried v0.79 last night and still got repeated firm0 mismatches, but v0.80 let me proceed today. I've included a more complete log that includes logs from v0.79 and the files I had on my SD card. It looks like I can still boot into the recovery menu, so I'll probably update to 10.7 and try again some other time.
Just to be safe, I just compiled anew and reuploaded to GitHub. The .3DSX CRC does not match the one from your archive, so you better download again from GitHub, too. Anyways, try again, let me know if this fails again, and if it does, do not continue (ie. not reboot).

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i get a TMD hash mismatch but i confirmed the SHA256 sums and it's a false positive? I don't want to copy my emunand to sysnand and find out it gets bricked. I guess i could just keep downgrading until OTPHelper works?...

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
OTP Helper sometimes doesn't load and ends up in a black screen and I have to reebot, if this happens in the step of the otp guide where I'm in 2.1 on my NEW 3DS. What do I do?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i get a TMD hash mismatch but i confirmed the SHA256 sums and it's a false positive? I don't want to copy my emunand to sysnand and find out it gets bricked. I guess i could just keep downgrading until OTPHelper works?...
Update to the newest version. If you still get false alerts, we need to find out what is going wrong here.

OTP Helper sometimes doesn't load and ends up in a black screen and I have to reebot, if this happens in the step of the otp guide where I'm in 2.1 on my NEW 3DS. What do I do?
Yup, that happens at times. The entry point required for this is not known as the most stable of them all. You just retry until it works.

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Update to the newest version. If you still get false alerts, we need to find out what is going wrong here.

Yup, that happens at times. The entry point required for this is not known as the most stable of them all. You just retry until it works.

Already got my arm9loaderhax. But I was freaking scared in that part! so if when accessing OTPHelper while on 2.1 on a new 3ds. If it crashes I can turn off new 3ds?. I read in the guide that turning off new 3ds on this 2.1 version can actually brick your device :O

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already got my arm9loaderhax. But I was freaking scared in that part! so if when accessing OTPHelper while on 2.1 on a new 3ds. If it crashes I can turn off new 3ds?. I read in the guide that turning off new 3ds on this 2.1 version can actually brick your device :O
It can? Well, I'm not sure. Good to see everything went alright for you!

Reactions: YharnamBadass

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It can? Well, I'm not sure. Good to see everything went alright for you!

Yeah man I almost passed out when I restored both sysnand and Emunand and everything went fine :P

Question for anyone who knows it.

I installed the original twl firm so I didn't encounter any problems with the downgrade process, now that I have arm9loaderhax, can I install the patched twl firm again to play with my old r4? is it compatible?

Ainuwen

Trophies
XP
Country
I spent most of yesterday trying to downgrade to 2.1 on my Old3DS. The downgrade installs without error but when validating the downgrade I find the same 8 mismatches every time. I have tried many times over, even replaced the update files on the SD card. I tried checking for false positives but it looks to me like they're true errors, so I have gone no further. Log attached, any help would be amazing. Thank you.

Attachments

• OTPHelper.zip
    1,010 bytes · Views: 94

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I spent most of yesterday trying to downgrade to 2.1 on my Old3DS. The downgrade installs without error but when validating the downgrade I find the same 8 mismatches every time. I have tried many times over, even replaced the update files on the SD card. I tried checking for false positives but it looks to me like they're true errors, so I have gone no further. Log attached, any help would be amazing. Thank you.
You are still using the old version :/. Download again, if it still does not work, you might have better chances of quick support on #3dshacks over at https://www.rizon.net/

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And, we have a new release again. This release comes at @Plailect's request (who'd otherwise slowly go crazy with user support requests), this is new:
  • Titles 0004001000023000, 0004001000024000, 0004001000025000 (the infamous 'promotional video') are now ignored in the downgrade validator
  • FIRM0 / FIRM1 can be dumped and injected. which is useful for a manual fix after a botched downgrade
Update to this version, I won't reply to any questions that this one fixes. Also, always use Plailects guide for reference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O