Release OrbisMan (beta)

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Lankbald, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Lankbald
    OP

Lankbald Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2016
    France
    Hello all :yayps3:,

After surfing on the net, I discover the release of a new Homebrew called OrbisMan which is actually on beta.

[​IMG]

Apparently this tool can do a lot of feature such as Linux Loader, backup App.db, update blocker etc.
    Also, we can see "Firmware spoofing" as other feature, so can we spoof on the latest v6.0, for exemple, and play more recent game or it's just cosmetic ?

Link to the homebrew in source.

Source: Wololo.net

I precise I'm not the author of this tool, all credit goes to LightningMods.
    Sorry for my english :P

2. IwearHelmet4Bed

IwearHelmet4Bed Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Looks good, my only hope is that the FW spoofing just allows to play newer games. Can’t be bothered with games being modded online be 11 year olds.

3. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    IwearHelmet4Bed likes this.
  4. Joselof96

Joselof96 Newbie

we dont have any keys to get acces to latest games and updates and psn connection but maybe in the future

IwearHelmet4Bed likes this.
  5. IwearHelmet4Bed

IwearHelmet4Bed Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    KiiWii likes this.
  6. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    What purpose does the firmware spoofing serve?

7. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    It would partially prevent update if you went online while spoofed and forgot to apply a blocker.

It will never allow higher games to run, until we have decrypted games from a higher source, and even then you could mod to not require spoof.

LM did it as a POC I believe, his method used PRX instead of standard payloads, so he is emulating everything (non piracy) related to make it feature rich.

What bugs me is he doesn’t share info so a tiny bin/is payload version of the key dumper would be useful for some over downloading a whole 200mb app.

Last edited by KiiWii, Sep 19, 2018
    arnes_king likes this.
  8. SupImBirDy

SupImBirDy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    thats what I’m saying, is like to see the coding but no one likes to share for educational purposes