Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you think one day it could be possible to boot directly into ntr? (maybe by injecting it into our nand..but i dont see how it would work but hey, maybe its do-able..)

Reactions: Margen67

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think one day it could be possible to boot directly into ntr? (maybe by injecting it into our nand..but i dont see how it would work but hey, maybe its do-able..)

If we could run unsigned code that easily, everyone's lives would be so much better...
aside from all the security engineers at Nintendo, at least.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm sorry if this is definitely impossible, but could you implement a feature to do system transfers without updating? I have a 3DS and I want to transfer to N3DS without losing CN exploit. Thanks in advance!

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If we could run unsigned code that easily, everyone's lives would be so much better...
aside from all the security engineers at Nintendo, at least.
Well i never said anything about ''running unsigned codes that easily'' ..nothing is impossible when it comes to informatique and beside, we can easily backup our nand, and so much progress is going on lately..so yeah i guess something like this COULD be possible..was just woundering if its something that could happen with this cfw.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this is definitely impossible, but could you implement a feature to do system transfers without updating? I have a 3DS and I want to transfer to N3DS without losing CN exploit. Thanks in advance!
Not impossible by any means, but it depends on whether it needs ARM9 or ARM11 to do so.

NTR2 doesn't have ARM9 access, but I'd think ARM11 would suffice.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i never said anything about ''running unsigned codes that easily'' ..nothing is impossible when it comes to informatique and beside, we can easily backup our nand, and so much progress is going on lately..so yeah i guess something like this COULD be possible..was just woundering if its something that could happen with this cfw.

In order to launch NTR, we need to run our own (unsigned) code, hence the use of Cubic Ninja.
If we could autoboot NTR, we would thus have an exploit we can install that runs on the system at boot.

With a means that powerful, wouldn't other groups (Gateway) already be head over heels making sure people knew they could use that?

Theoretically, maybe.
With the debugger plugin, we can patch information in memory, the question is how the console connects to Nintendo to authenticate the transfer, and how the transfer itself works.

Unfortunately, I know neither of those things, so I can't be of much use there... but it's a definite maybe. Whether or not someone figures out how to do it (or how it's impossible) is another story.

retrozelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues compiling the hello world example. Right now, I get the following output:

Code:
rm: cannot lstat `bin/*.elf': No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find -lc
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find -lgcc
cp: cannot stat `a.out': No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-objcopy: 'a.out': No such file
rm: cannot lstat `*.out': No such file or directory
The system cannot find the drive specified.

also, when can we expect more examples and/or some form of documentation/howto?

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am having issues compiling the hello world example. Right now, I get the following output:

Code:
rm: cannot lstat `bin/*.elf': No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find -lc
arm-none-eabi-ld: cannot find -lgcc
cp: cannot stat `a.out': No such file or directory
arm-none-eabi-objcopy: 'a.out': No such file
rm: cannot lstat `*.out': No such file or directory
The system cannot find the drive specified.

also, when can we expect more examples and/or some form of documentation/howto?

fix the gcc path and version in build.py

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would
ike to know how the arm9 tells the arm11 core what code to execute when the system boots, or am I missinterpting the boot process?
I'm not sure that's information cell9 would be willing to share anyway for obvious reasons.

There should be enough information out there and on 3Dbrew for you to figure it out if you have the experience.

I think one of the KARL devs gave a bit of a summary of how NTR2 works. I remember them saying you couldn't patch sig checks in NTR because it has no ARM9 access. But I'm not sure about the boot process itself.

But I suspect that if you don't have the talent to figure it out yourself, you probably wouldn't know what to do with the information anyway :P

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With a means that powerful, wouldn't other groups (Gateway) already be head over heels making sure people knew they could use that?
as i said, i know its not yet possible, i was just asking if it could one day be possible for ntr..anyway..

baesup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want play online SSB USA Version on JP n3ds, but it requires USA EULA Agreement
I can't install config.cia for EULA Agreememt because i don't have gateway
How do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...