[RELEASE] Nintendo Switch Homebrew Loader 0.1!

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: No, this is not real, just for laughs! Enjoy!
I was lucky to get my hands on the elusive Nintendo Switch :switch: that was already out in the wild, and right away, found an exploit! :DThis is simple.

1. Unzip the zip file below and place the contents on the ROOT of your micro SD card. Insert it into your switch.
2. Press eShop in the main menu of your switch. It should ask you to update, which will usually not work. Tap it now. The screen will freeze for ~15sec, but if you are stuck there, power cycle your switch.
3. It should crash your switch, and returning to the home menu, you now have the homebrew channel! (Picture included)
4. Also included in the package is greennand installer, allowing you to play backed up switch games from your cartridges to your micro SD card.

That is it! Note: even on japanese switches, the language is english.
Also, make sure to ENABLE greennand shortcut buttons from the installer, because as of now that is the only way to open it without it crashing!

This should work for all switches with version 1.0.
If you have issues, post them below! This is in beta.

FAQ:
Q: is this real?
A: nope! Just for laughs (:
Q: can I uninstall?
A: unfortunately, that has not yet been implemented, but may be included later.
Q: is there much homebrew developed for it yet?
A: not yet, I'll release the SDK on March 1st, 2 days before launch!
Q: how did you get your hands on a switch?!?!?!?
A: unfortunately, the person that lent me it will not let me reveal any of their information.

Leave suggestions in the comments!

SWITCH HOMEBREW LOADER DOWNLOAD (.zip): http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=85672755802592077449

Attachments

• Switchoeshomebrew.jpg
    Switchoeshomebrew.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 3,124
Last edited by incidentallyscribble,

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean, i would download the file but it doesn't want to download for some reason. of course its fake but i'm curious about the file

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It has 2 folders :
-EshopUpdate > bunch of random numbers > 2 folders : "Install" (doesn't has anything) , "UpdateBlob" with ee3 , FF and cww files and a file called Update.swh
-SwitchApps > GreenNAND Installer 0.1 > A file called GreenNAND.switch and a meta.xml

Its so legit he cant decide if call the fake extension .Switch or .Swh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?