Hacking [Release] - New version of PS4 pkg repackager by Duxa (aka Chrushev) version 6.15.18

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all,

This is the second public release of the tool and there have been a LOT of changes! (original release can be found HERE)

For details on what it does you can see the thread above. I will keep this one short.

Whats new:
- The tool is fully automated now
- The tool has everything needed baked in
- More descriptive progress

Details:
After watching a few youtubers have issues with the tool (it wasnt clear to them what was happening). I decided to make it more clear as to whats going on during the repackaging process. Some long stages will now have progress bars (or percentages). The time estimation should be more accurate now as well.

The initial release required external tools, this has been eleviated and the tool is self contained. All you need to provide is your patch and the game. NOTE: CUSA has to match and they both have to be fake pkg files.

The tool has 3 modes now.
1. Mode (1) is automated mode and will kick in automatically if no selection is made for 15 seconds
2. Mode (2) is manual mode and is the same mode that was in the first release (other than the tail end of it is now automated)
3. Mode (3) is an alternative automated mode. Only use this mode if you are having issues with mode (1)

If there are multiple pkg files present and auto mode is selected it will default back to manual mode as the program does not know which pkg you want to use.

Usage:
Usage has changed a little bit. You still need to put the patch.pkg in the same folder as the program (it can be named whatever you want as long as it ends in .pkg). if you want full automation create a folder called "game" and place the game pkg in there (this can also be named whatever you want as long as it ends in .pkg).

I understand that some games can be tens of GB in size and moving them around is not easy, for this I added an option of specifying a custom path for the game pkg. Do note however if there is no game folder or its missing the pkg then the program will create the game folder and open it (this is for newer users to make it more intuitive), you can still chose to use a custom path after that if you want to and just leave that folder empty.

When the process is finished you will see the repackaged pkg in output folder and the folder will be opened for you. You will also get the green SUCCESS screen.

Please report any bugs

zhE5UXm.png

IGmmAXU.png

Bx9gUkA.png

Download: Get the GUI version HERE

Last edited by Chrushev,

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You are Awesome! I'll check this out. I had a little problem with your first tool where I wanted to "re-marry" a 13-gb UC4 update. It said it'll take 12 mins, but it kept on doing something. It gave me the message that it has finished extracting, and then it was doing something. I could see the HDD activity light on my PC. I left it for another 30 mins and it still went on. I had to kill the process and restart my PC. By the end of it, the extra folder had something like 40 gigs inside. I deleted and stopped there.

Will give this one a try.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Alright, I tried this new tool with Uncharted 4 1.32 update (14 gigs) and here's what happened...

aLGfG6M.jpg

You can see that I started at 9:20 p.m. (21:21) and this is where I had to cut it off (at 75%) at 2 a.m. (that's 4-1/2 hours later). I think it was stuck at 75% for a VERY LONG TIME!.

Now, where I got this update from (Darksoftware), people used the following method to successfully remarry the update...

1) Create CUSA00917-patch folder
2) Extract all files and directories of EP9000-CUSA00917_00-UNCHARTED4000000-A0132-V0100.pkg with orbis-pub-chk in CUSA00917-patch folder (passcode is 00000000000000000000000000000000)
3) Delete EP9000-CUSA00917_00-UNCHARTED4000000-A0132-V0100.pkg
4) Move all the content in CUSA00917-patch/Sc0/ to CUSA00917-patch/Image0/sce_sys/
5) Delete Sc0 folder
6) Move playgo-chunk.dat from CUSA00917-patch/Image0/sce_sys/app/ to CUSA00917-patch/Image0/sce_sys/ and overwrite it
7) Delete app folder
8) Move all the content in CUSA00917-patch/Image0/ to CUSA00917-patch/
9) Delete Image0 folder
10) Create .gp4 of CUSA00917-patch folder with gengp4 v1.7 and save it
11) Open .gp4 with orbis-pub-gen, go to Command->Project Setting->Patch and look at Application package:
12a) If you see (Package Digest: XXXXXXXXXXX...), click OK
12b) If you see (Image is not valid), click Select, go to the folder where game.pkg is and open it, click OK
12c) go to Command -> PlayGo System Setting -> Scenario -> Scenario Types : -> choose: 1 scenario. Single Player only a Window Changing scenario types will open, click Yes, click OK
13) Go to Command->Build Image->Select Output Path->Build

The guy who made this guide also said "I also unchecked the "this is a day one patch" checkbox in orbis pub gen"

Now, I am going to follow this method to re-marry the update to the game. I just thought that if I wrote the method here, it might help you in some way as to where it's getting stuck.

Thanx a lot @Chrushev for all your hard work. Am sure your tool works for smaller size update files and it'll be of great help to me in the future. So thanx again :)

D

Deleted User

hmm troubling. I have my uncharted updated to 1.32 but I was lucky. When I tried remarry everytime the game would freeze at titlescreen (even though the remarried update appeared to install fine game showed proper update history). This was doing everything manual. So maybe uncharted is special or something.

Last edited by ,

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
hmm troubling. I have my uncharted updated to 1.32 but I was lucky. When I tried remarry everytime the game would freeze at titlescreen (even though the remarried update appeared to install fine game showed proper update history). This was doing everything manual. So maybe uncharted is special or something.

Have you tried Option 3? One of the earlier Uncharted updates required it. So its possible that this one does too. (in fact option 3 was added specifically for that uncharted update (1.23))

Edit - watched the video. When you start it, if you look at the screen it actually gave you a message that its reverting to manual mode (because it found two .pkg files in auto mode, it doesnt know which one you want to use, thats why it asked you for CUSA and password and all that, if there was only 1 .pkg file then it would grab those automatically).

As far as your question for whats it does during that progress bar. Thats the actual re-marry process (stuff before that is prep work). Its reading the game pkg and remarrying it to the update. The bigger update/game file size the longer it will take. Also it depends on the number of files in the update. Uncharted has a TON of files, so it takes a while. If you are on USB then look at activity light (blinking or whatever), if its going then just wait.

Also, im working on a GUI version of the tool... no eta on that yet.

Sneak Peak:
VvHtUhC.png

If you leave the file/folder structure the way you had it at the end of the video there, and hit option 3, the whole process should be automated since you will already have just the patch in the root and the game pkg will be in \game\ folder

Last edited by Chrushev,

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can it re-marry dlc to other base game?

Thank you very much for your efforts...

I dont know what you mean. This is only for re-marrying fake pkg update to fake pkg game. No discs involved. If you have a retail disc then you can just install a retail official (non fake pkg) update.. you dont need this if you have a retail disc.

sam661337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dont know what you mean. This is only for re-marrying fake pkg update to fake pkg game. No discs involved. If you have a retail disc then you can just install a retail official (non fake pkg) update.. you dont need this if you have a retail disc.

I mean, re-marrying dlc from one's base game to different base game.

For example, I have installed game A (dumped by group P). Can I install (re-marry) dlc of game A (same title id) dumped from different base game (dumped by group Q)? Thanks...

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I mean, re-marrying dlc from one's base game to different base game.

For example, I have installed game A (dumped by group P). Can I install (re-marry) dlc of game A (same title id) dumped from different base game (dumped by group Q)? Thanks...

This is meant for updates and not DLC. If by DLC you mean Updates then the answer is Yes you can.

aeaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
I try too many times but it did not work with me
still give me Error :sad:

Error number of arguments is too many for the command img_create

ERROR 8
Unable to create final .pkg
EXITING

Eroor8.jpg

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I try too many times but it did not work with me
still give me Error :sad:

Error number of arguments is too many for the command img_create

ERROR 8
Unable to create final .pkg
EXITING

View attachment 132548

Make sure your file and directory has no space in it at all. So if your file has spaces in it right now rename it to delete spaces or replace them with underscores _

or if its in a folder that has space in it move to a different folder or rename folder.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy