Homebrew [Release] Meritous for 3ds (using lib SDL 1.2 )

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Big promel solved and updtated v1.2 with a v1.2a buiild.

There is another small problem to fx in the SDL lib but it needs some more debugging.

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only official repository for my homebrew is my github.

Probably updating from Homeb3w will be fine, but I don't know what other people upload on their repository and which version is used.

Some people reported that Meritous downloaded from one of this repositories (using FBI) was not working, but if this happens you can always update again with my latest version. So if you want give it a try.

PS: in the next days I'm going to release a new build using the fix in SDL 1.2 for the randon problem of game starting with no sound that happens on new 3ds models

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On the final boss, the dialogue text gets cut off. And after getting the Agate Knife before the cursed seal, Merit's lines are completely gone from the new dialogue.

The save provided is after obtaining the Agate Knife.
Thanks, I'll check it.

Resizing the screen can result in such problems and testing the whole game is very time consuming.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Text seems still to be cut. On the credits there is also "MUSIC - VARIOU" missing the "S". Must be because of the cut problem too I guess. (See attached photos.)

By the way. I'd like to view the minimap clearly but the left side is always cut as you can see on the photo, even when you scroll the the very most end on the big map, it's cut on the minimap and doesn't scroll further there. Any way to make it scroll a little bit more to get it visible?

I also had some problems while playing. Somewhere in the game (after completion of 77%) the game got a slowdown. It wasn't that bad, still playable, but after a while it crashed. Crash logs are attached. The first crash log is after the slowdown. The second crashlog just happened out of nowhere. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMAG2975.jpg
    IMAG2975.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMAG2976.jpg
    IMAG2976.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG2986.jpg
    IMAG2986.jpg
    933.2 KB · Views: 249
  • IMAG2987.jpg
    IMAG2987.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG2988.jpg
    IMAG2988.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 234
  • crash_dumps.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 234

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Text seems still to be cut. On the credits there is also "MUSIC - VARIOU" missing the "S". Must be because of the cut problem too I guess. (See attached photos.)

By the way. I'd like to view the minimap clearly but the left side is always cut as you can see on the photo, even when you scroll the the very most end on the big map, it's cut on the minimap and doesn't scroll further there. Any way to make it scroll a little bit more to get it visible?

I also had some problems while playing. Somewhere in the game (after completion of 77%) the game got a slowdown. It wasn't that bad, still playable, but after a while it crashed. Crash logs are attached. The first crash log is after the slowdown. The second crashlog just happened out of nowhere. I hope that helps.

Fixed the credits text (untested, I have to finish the game yet) and tuned the maps scrolling.

Also used a fixed SDL lib that solves the game (CIA format only) sometimes staring without audio.

For the crashes, can't help at the moment.

Reactions: CaptainHIT

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Installing with FBI remote QR code scanning doesn't work. I guess it's a problem by github because Maze of Galious didn't install either. Amphetamine remote installed though. The map is much better now, though I'd like to see 1-2 pixels space between the bracket-line, it's just too attached to it. Sorry nagging about always the same problems again, but as you can see on the photos, the text is still cut on some places like: "Sound Effects: Various (public dom" as seen on the last photo. IMAG3545.jpg is not a scrolltext, it just stays like this, cut with parts of text on the right and bottom. Also before the battle with WERVYN ANIXIL you can see that some text overlaps the bottom line. Also quitting the game by pressing the HOME button of the n3DS will not quit the game. I have to force shut down. I hope that will help. :)

Attachments

• IMAG3539.jpg
    IMAG3539.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMAG3540.jpg
    IMAG3540.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMAG3542.jpg
    IMAG3542.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMAG3543.jpg
    IMAG3543.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG3545.jpg
    IMAG3545.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG3546.jpg
    IMAG3546.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 161

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Installing with FBI remote QR code scanning doesn't work. I guess it's a problem by github because Maze of Galious didn't install either. Amphetamine remote installed though. The map is much better now, though I'd like to see 1-2 pixels space between the bracket-line, it's just too attached to it. Sorry nagging about always the same problems again, but as you can see on the photos, the text is still cut on some places like: "Sound Effects: Various (public dom" as seen on the last photo. IMAG3545.jpg is not a scrolltext, it just stays like this, cut with parts of text on the right and bottom. Also before the battle with WERVYN ANIXIL you can see that some text overlaps the bottom line. Also quitting the game by pressing the HOME button of the n3DS will not quit the game. I have to force shut down. I hope that will help. :)

Thank you. I'm trying to fix everything, already added more padding on all the borders. I'm also tracing the crash, pobably caused by a memory leak in the original code, hope to fix it too.

I'll release it something next week. About the QR codes, I think it's the https that causes the problem. I'll fix the QR codes soon.

Last edited by nop90,
Reactions: CaptainHIT

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you. I'm trying to fix everything, already added more padding on all the borders. I'm also tracing the crash, pobably caused by a memory leak in the original code, hope to fix it too.

I'll release it something next week. About the QR codes, I think it's the https that causes the problem. I'll fix the QR codes soon.

@CaptainHIT , the game problems you reported should be fixed now, now I'm trying to fix rhe random crash before releasing an update.

But about the home button not working to exit the game, I can't reproduce it. Does it happen always or only in a situation of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed