• Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i got a question i made a folder and accidently put one space before i put the name, let's just say the files corrupt and i can't delete it
The CTReXplorer homebrew (3dsx or CIA) is a very efficient way to navigate in your card content from your 3DS. You can browse the files, rename them, copy/cut/paste and erase them.

Rainm_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Greetings! First of all I would like to thank you so much for making this, it's by far the best experience I've had reading manga digitally so far!
I would like to ask if it would be possible to add a feature where it would download multiple chapters at once. From my point of view, it wouldn't be too hard to implement, right?
It would be great for reading manga that have a lot of chapters yet you haven't caught up to them all yet.
However, this is really, really minor, other than that it's perfect and again thanks so much for your efforts!

D

Deleted User

OP
Bookmarks would also be a cool edition. On what chapter you stopped at or even what page.

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. Pages are already saved, but your current chapter would be nice too. I'm thinking that I'll do that, fix the chapter ordering, and then make it so downloading doesn't completely stop if there's even one network error.

Hopefully I can get it done this weekend. I'll be busy today, and from 8am-3pm tomorrow, so I'll probably start working on that stuff at 3pm tomorrow, eastern time.

May be ready sometime Saturday, maybe some time Sunday. I don't know.

I got an error when downloading durarara: Error: [string "?"]:976: attempt to concatenate a boolean value (upvalue 'subdomain')
That's an error usually related to networking stuff. I'm not sure what causes it, I think it's if you loose internet for a split second or something.

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey @MrLegGuy , thank you for this pice of software, it is really awesome. If you do not mind, I have some suggestions.
1. This:
I would like to ask if it would be possible to add a feature where it would download multiple chapters at once. From my point of view, it wouldn't be too hard to implement, right?
It would be great for reading manga that have a lot of chapters yet you haven't caught up to them all yet.
However, this is really, really minor, other than that it's perfect and again thanks so much for your efforts!
It would be really convinient if you could add this since there are quite some Mangas with alot of chapters.
2. Would it be possible to replace the Chapter Selection on the download page with a thing that works by pressing up and down, the keyboard is really inconvinent there since you have to select delete first and then the number.
3. Touchscreen support for the keyboard since it is kind of hard to use and consumes quite a bit of time. Its nothing importent but it would be quite nice.
4. Would zooming in and out work? Some mangas just work better if you see the whole page first and then go into more detail (atleast for me). Again, a minor thing

So thanks again for your work on this.

Akawashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Awesome app! ( I asked Asia81 if they could make a dragonball super manga app, but got a straight up no... then i found this little gem, now i can read any manga i want! :) )
I would just like to make one small request as an update suggestion.. would it be possible to have a Zoom Option? like a toggle in options to use d-pad for zoom, whilst shoulder buttons to turn pages or to switch them around to zoom with the shoulder buttons and turn the pages with the d-pad?

Zoom Feature would make this 4/5 star app 5/5!! :D

blax722

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, when no zoom I would prefer to have zoomed page on top screen and on bottom screen see whole manga page with rectangle highlited whats showing on top, because it's unusable for me like this, can't quite follow the story when I don't know where I am.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The interface is a bit more confusing than it's worth... I tried loading up the Chobits manga downloaded from the site, and I had to use a batch renamer to rename all 68 chapters of the series before I could even load them up. The 00 thing should just be automatically detected by the app like this:

"Okay, I need to look for:
1.jpg
01.jpg
001.jpg
0001.jpg
00001.jpg
000001.jpg"

*app scans the /Manga/Series directory*

"Ah, found 001.jpg, here you go!"

*opens it*

Seriously, it can't be that difficult to have it do something like that. And the zoom function is probably the most needed feature added, but would probably require a 2D graphics library to be loaded, which eats into RAM, which might not even work on O3DS at that point.

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm working on an update. It'll be nice. Hopefully make everything better. Sorry for not posting here in a while and not fulfilling promises to add some things that were requested. I'll try and add them with this update.

No zooming. It will never happen.

the manga reader is not visible in the homebrew launcher please help

You messed up.
Make sure you have a folder called MangaReader in the 3ds folder. And make sure that there's a 3dsx file in there called MangaReader.3dsx.
Pretty much, check if
/3ds/MangaReader/MangaReader.3dsx
exists.

The only reason it wouldn't show up is if you placed the files in the wrong place.

D

Deleted User

OP
So we won't ever get the ONE feature it needs the most... The one feature it should have had all along... Thanks I guess? :unsure:

I don't think it's possible. I'm not sure why, but if I try to load an image that's too big as a GPU texture, it fails to load. If I don't use GPU, I'm able to load much bigger images.

Pretty much, the image needs to be loaded as a GPU texture to do anything cool with is. Such as scaling it.

I don't really understand the reason why big images can't be loaded as a GPU texture. Maybe I could load two smaller GPU textures and that'd work, I don't know. But that would still require some program to split every image in half, either on a computer or on the 3ds. I will experiment a bit more, but I think it may be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol