XP
Country
Italy

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen just stays red when I try to use this is a boot.3dsx.

I place the index.lua at the root of the sd card, right?

If it's not related to where my index.lua file is, is it a problem with my code?
oldpad=999
pad=999

while true do
Screen.waitVblankStart()
Screen.refresh()
Screen.clear(TOP_SCREEN)
Screen.clear(BOTTOM_SCREEN)
pad = Controls.read()

Screen.debugPrint(0, 0, "Happy", Color.new(255,255,94), TOP_SCREEN)

if pad~=oldpad and (Controls.check(pad,KEY_X)) then
if start_dir == "/" and build ~= "Custom Firmware" then -- boot.3dsx patch
System.reboot()
else
System.exit()
end
end

Screen.flip()
oldpad = pad
end
there is a more technical explanation, but due to the size of lpp-3ds, it can't be used as a boot.3dsx directly under ninjhax 2.x.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
EDIT: figured it out, turns out the 3DS is capable of far more than 30 frames, but as you bog it down with more and more stuff it eventually dips below, that's why the ratio of draw functions to framedrop seemed odd at first.

So now I'm relying more on frame duration in milliseconds rather than framerate to determine what needs optimizing and how much resource I have before slowdown occurs.

Last edited by HexZyle,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
To anyone who wants to use audio in their homebrews, i'm currently working hard to solve dsp:: DSP service problem. In the meantime, i fixxed csnd:SND service on NH 2.5 (it means audio is now available also on NH2.5!) but there are few things to say:

1) There could be some bug with static loud / looped blocks with OGG streaming (report me music files info if this appears like bitrate, samplerate, audiotype, audio length).
2) An audio device has been implemented in lpp-3ds. It means you no longer need to specify channels with Sound.play.
3) Now Sound.play can assume as facoltative 3rd argument an interpolation mode (NO_INTERP, LINEAR_INTERP, POLYPHASE_INTERP). By default is set to LINEAR_INTERP and POLYPHASE_INTERP is available only with dsp:: DSP
4) Sound system now check at the begin if csnd:SND service is accessible. If it's available, it's used as sound service, if not, (experimental) dsp:: DSP is used.
5) To check if your executable is running csnd:SND or dsp:: DSP, you can use Sound.getService(), it will returns you a string with the service currently running with Sound system.
6) Video playback (JPGV & BMPV) are currently using csnd:SND hardcoded. It means if you use a Video module feature when you're on dsp:: DSP, you'll get a console freeze.
7) Network module and csnd:SND are incompatible. It means if you need Socketing or Networking you have to use experminetal dsp:: DSP which have a lot of issues ( https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/issues/209 )
8) To use csnd:SND you have to use this service descriptor template in your homebrew:

Code:
<services autodetect="false">
  <request priority="1">csnd:SND</request>
</services>

To use sound system, you can grab this Nighly Build: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-3ds/commit/6c46ddd9f95aad14e068827ac91e1459907a9b70

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

keanutah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who wants to use audio in their homebrews, i'm currently working hard to solve dsp:: DSP service problem. In the meantime, i fixxed csnd:SND service on NH 2.5 (it means audio is now available also on NH2.5!) but there are few things to say:

1) There could be some bug with static loud / looped blocks with OGG streaming (report me music files info if this appears like bitrate, samplerate, audiotype, audio length).
2) An audio device has been implemented in lpp-3ds. It means you no longer need to specify channels with Sound.play.
3) Now Sound.play can assume as facoltative 3rd argument an interpolation mode (NO_INTERP, LINEAR_INTERP, POLYPHASE_INTERP). By default is set to LINEAR_INTERP and POLYPHASE_INTERP is available only with dsp:: DSP
4) Sound system now check at the begin if csnd:SND service is accessible. If it's available, it's used as sound service, if not, (experimental) dsp:: DSP is used.
5) To check if your executable is running csnd:SND or dsp:: DSP, you can use Sound.getService(), it will returns you a string with the service currently running with Sound system.
6) Video playback (JPGV & BMPV) are currently using csnd:SND hardcoded. It means if you use a Video module feature when you're on dsp:: DSP, you'll get a console freeze.
7) Network module and csnd:SND are incompatible. It means if you need Socketing or Networking you have to use experminetal dsp:: DSP which have a lot of issues ( https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/issues/209 )
8) To use csnd:SND you have to use this service descriptor template in your homebrew:

Code:
<services autodetect="false">
  <request priority="1">csnd:SND</request>
</services>

To use sound system, you can grab this Nighly Build: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lpp-3ds/commit/6c46ddd9f95aad14e068827ac91e1459907a9b70
Awesome news man, I will check this out real soon. Thanks for all your hard work :D

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
As @ihaveamac said, currently 3dsx launcher works only on NH1.1b (on NH 2.X it will result in a system crash); my first goals for next revision of lpp-3ds (r4) are to fully solve luaSound issues, add NH2.x 3dsx launcher support and add new services access (like the camera ones).

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kann you write an Wii version to? There is currently no Lua on wii.

Or is it only thought for portable consoles?
I don't use any home console (they are just a money stealing way).
well, here's some I found while searching online.
I haven't used any of these so I can't comment on stability or usefulness, especially given that both seem old. then again, the Wii homebrew scene is much older than 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?