Hacking [Release] Language Emulation Plugin for NTR 1.0/2.2

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cant get this to work :/ I have done everything as said in the readme, but it always stops with the animated nintendo 3ds launch logo... any ideas?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I cant get this to work :/ I have done everything as said in the readme, but it always stops with the animated nintendo 3ds launch logo... any ideas?
do you have any other plugins loaded up, seems to crash for me if i have layeredfs active too (actually i think i may of put the wrong layeredfs plugin on my SD.....so thats probably why it was crashing for me XD)

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have tested Majoras Mask with your files and the german one, also bravely default, luigis mansion and mario kart 7. None of them works. I will get a clean SD and reinstall everything next.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have tested Majoras Mask with your files and the german one, also bravely default, luigis mansion and mario kart 7. None of them works. I will get a clean SD and reinstall everything next.
hmmm it could be potentially that i missed something when i made the german one, i only really tested it on NSMB2, i will try some others

ok just tested on MK7 and it worked, not sure if the fact im already on a EU console might be the reason

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, I reinstalled everything, but still no success. I think I have a simple but dumb mistake and we only have to find it :D

My setup: New3DS with 9.2J and NTR CFW. Only legit cartridges/no sky etc. All carts are EU.

1. On my SD are: -private -Nintendo 3DS -ntr.bin and -plugin

2. My plugin folder only contains the title ids with the patch in them. For example MarioKart 7:
/plugin/0004000000030700/langemu_ger_europe.plg

3. When I start the game, the Nintendo splash screen appears and the screen flashes green (once) after that the Nintendo splash screen keeps moving and nothing else is happening.

any ideas?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok, I reinstalled everything, but still no success. I think I have a simple but dumb mistake and we only have to find it :D

My setup: New3DS with 9.2J and NTR CFW. Only legit cartridges/no sky etc. All carts are EU.

1. On my SD are: -private -Nintendo 3DS -ntr.bin and -plugin

2. My plugin folder only contains the title ids with the patch in them. For example MarioKart 7:
/plugin/0004000000030700/langemu_ger_europe.plg

3. When I start the game, the Nintendo splash screen appears and the screen flashes green (once) after that the Nintendo splash screen keeps moving and nothing else is happening.

any ideas?
tbh im not sure, i dont have any consoles other than EU to test it on, it might be that the extra languages require extra font files that aren't present on the 3DS so it cant use them

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont think so, since Bravely Default combines all languages: Title in Japanese, Save selection in english and main game (I started a save on my o3DS, EUR) in german with some menu text in japanese. This is weird^^

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I dont think so, since Bravely Default combines all languages: Title in Japanese, Save selection in english and main game (I started a save on my o3DS, EUR) in german with some menu text in japanese. This is weird^^
so i assume you have the games loading now?....not just stuck on the 3DS logo screen, and is mario kart working normal in german?

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, I can only load games without the language plugin/in clean mode. Bravely Default has an ingame language option but it does not affect the whole game.. Majoras Mask is also not working (since it needs a language patch).

Mario Kart is english without the patch. Its ok, but I would love to play Majoras Mask, and that needs this patch :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, I can only load games without the language plugin/in clean mode. Bravely Default has an ingame language option but it does not affect the whole game.. Majoras Mask is also not working (since it needs a language patch).

Mario Kart is english without the patch. Its ok, but I would love to play Majoras Mask, and that needs this patch :)
so are they working fine with the normal english patch then......all i can guess is that i have done something wrong when i edited the file......just seems weird that it works fine on my system, so i assume it must be reliant on something that a EU system has that isnt present on the other region consoles

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I am a little bit confusing. I will try to make it clear:

1. No game is working with this language patch. It does not matter if it is yours or the english/europe one.

2. Since NTR has regionfree cartridge launching my eu games work, but they dont have the japanese language files. The 3DS choose english instead. Some games wich contain all languages, like Luigis Mansion are Japanese and some Games have a mix of different languages. Some games are also german like Layton (Only German language on cartridge) or Pokemon and Bravely Default (ingame language selection settings).

3. Majoras Mask needs a language patch. It does not work at all, since this whole plugin does not work on my JP console with my EU games.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

1. No game is working with this language patch. It does not matter if it is yours or the english/europe one.

2. Since NTR has regionfree cartridge launching my eu games work, but they dont have the japanese language files. The 3DS choose english instead. Some games wich contain all languages, like Luigis Mansion are Japanese and some Games have a mix of different languages. Some games are also german like Layton (Only German language on cartridge) or Pokemon and Bravely Default (ingame language selection settings).

3. Majoras Mask needs a language patch. It does not work at all, since this whole plugin does not work on my JP console with my EU games.

ok well i assume there must be something wrong with your setup as others have been able to use the English one fine with MM, maybe start over and make sure you get it all set up correctly

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China

The plugin works for Majoras Mask EUR and I have confirmed that. maybe you have put to the wrong path.

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have reinstalled everything two times, but still no success. I could make a video but you would see:
1. I installed NTR 2.2;
2. I downloaded your Language files;
3. I created a folder called "plugin" in the SD root;
4. Inside "plugin" I created a folder for EU Majoras Mask called "0004000000125600";
5. Inside that folder I put a file from the download called "langemu_en_europe.plg";
6. I booted NTR;
7. I put the cartridge in;
8. I booted the game;
9. The 3DS Logo appears;
10. The screen flashes green once;
11. The animated 3DS logo continues without an end.

can you find my mistake?

I have an 9.2JP console and an EU game. I tried the english europe and german europe patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...