Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

ReidVx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the PC HAVE to be using WiFi as well?

Example: My PC is wired to the same router the 3DS is connected to, would that work or does the program only look for the 3DS on the wired connection?

ZeroManArmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintenderp released a patch for SuMo today fixing some ingame things. Can't stream anymore using SuMo. Any ideas on a new patch?

Also, the auto download of new versions is sick af!

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Random question, why the name "kit-kat?" It makes me think of the chocolate bars.
"Toolkit-kat" wait til you see v2.0's name when we get to tht version its so creative xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does the PC HAVE to be using WiFi as well?

Example: My PC is wired to the same router the 3DS is connected to, would that work or does the program only look for the 3DS on the wired connection?
3DS -> WiFi -> Router <- WiFi/Ethernet <- PC
The router is basically a "Link" to connect the PC and the 3DS.

So Nintenderp released a patch for SuMo today fixing some ingame things. Can't stream anymore using SuMo. Any ideas on a new patch?

Also, the auto download of new versions is sick af!
Yes theres a new patch, theres new offsets which is why the NFC patch isnt working, which is why you cant stream. Ill have to wait for someone to figure out the offset address for the NFC PID.
Once its found again, ill update it.

And yeah the auto-update isnt a favored thing by most, glad theres some people who see the reason why its a MUST.

N3evin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know anyway to config the controller key for gamepad? I am using a Xbox one controller, however the c-stick is enabled on the d-pad instead of the right-joystick.

ReidVx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Toolkit-kat" wait til you see v2.0's name when we get to tht version its so creative xD

3DS -> WiFi -> Router <- WiFi/Ethernet <- PC
The router is basically a "Link" to connect the PC and the 3DS.

Yes theres a new patch, theres new offsets which is why the NFC patch isnt working, which is why you cant stream. Ill have to wait for someone to figure out the offset address for the NFC PID.
Once its found again, ill update it.

And yeah the auto-update isnt a favored thing by most, glad theres some people who see the reason why its a MUST.

I know how it works, was just wondering if it wouldn't detect due to different connection types, haha.

After posting that I tested putting both on WiFi but to no avail, I keep getting the following error every time I try to connect to my N3DS:

http://imgur.com/a/Rwegq

Any ideas on how to fix this? .net framework is all updated and everything.
EDIT: Also, clicking continue does nothing.

Last edited by ReidVx,

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any way to stream and use input redirection with sun and moon? If I start input redirection and NTR CFW the stream just aborts when playing sun/moon and input redirection isn't working too. Only had this issue with Sun/Moon yet.

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Streamer works on wine, but InputRedirector causes an Exception when switching to the tab:

Code:
SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x80004001], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Unknown
   at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.DXGI.Device1.SetMaximumFrameLatency(Int32 maxLatency)
   at SharpDX.DXGI.Device1.set_MaximumFrameLatency(Int32 value)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.CreateSizeDependentResources(Boolean useFullscreenParameter)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformInitialize()

There's just a grey area where the black thing should be

Eggman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what to do with the Pokemon Sun / Moon screen. I do the tutorial of the first page (before it worked without problems) but now nothing ... anyone can help?

Edit: I think it's game update 1.1 ....

Last edited by Eggman85,

Ritzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what to do with the Pokemon Sun / Moon screen. I do the tutorial of the first page (before it worked without problems) but now nothing ... anyone can help?

Edit: I think it's game update 1.1 ....

Just gonna have to wait for Kit-Kat to be updated, which hopefully shouldn't be too long.

Eggman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just gonna have to wait for Kit-Kat to be updated, which hopefully shouldn't be too long.
To see that happens, I read many problems with ntr after the update 1.1 pokemon ... I do not know if they can do something with kit kat or it is ntr thing :S

Edit: I deleted the Pokemon update 1.1 and it works again kat kit, we will see how this affects future titles

Last edited by Eggman85,

ryanyags

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To see that happens, I read many problems with ntr after the update 1.1 pokemon ... I do not know if they can do something with kit kat or it is ntr thing :S

Edit: I deleted the Pokemon update 1.1 and it works again kat kit, we will see how this affects future titles

How do I safely delete 1.1?

Pahibiont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! After the update to 1.6, Kit-Kat refuses to launch on my computer. I've only gotten an error screen one time, saying something to the effect that it was unable to connect to the updater.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its working fine though when you connect normally right? and could you try recording your 3DS and PC and show me while your trying to connect? Its doing some kind of socket error which is really odd.
Also, using your inbuilt wifi chip as a "Hotspot" isnt the same as a external USB wifi adapter as a hotspot, I dont recommend doing this at all it will just give more latency resulting in less FPS.

So, that problem occured to me with my setup using my parents's internet. Yes, streaming worked fine there, it's just that once I forgot to connect properly and got this error so I tried to find where it came from. Also, Idk about the theory but in this particular case using my wifi chip worked pretty fine for me : around 35 FPS at 75+% quality where I got no more than 25 FPS connecting straight to my box. Idk why or how it works but it works.

Since my last post I got back to Uni though, and there I have a special "student Wifi" from my Uni which is pretty shitty and limited. On that connection I can only get a white screen of death in NTR viewer yet, and I can't get that error message to appear. I'll report (I can probably manage to give you a video too) if I can find a working setup and if it gives me that error message again...

Reactions: PRAGMA

ZeroManArmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I like it, the only thing I dislike about it is that it creates a new exe file, but that's a minor annoyance. At least I don't need to go and open my browser and find the thread and update. Thank you again!

Reactions: PRAGMA

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dumb question but does the 3ds have to be close to the router or just the computer? (or both?)
It has to be close to whatever it's connected to. Place the 3ds close to your router if you're simply connected to your home wifi but you'll get better results if you use a USB-Wifi dongle on your computer to connect, in which case you need to get 3ds near the dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo