Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BXSBXGg.png

"Trying to connect..."

That's all i'm getting with kit-kat.exe

I have the correct IP and the NTRViewer box opens up, the 3ds screen flashes a little, but no images.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShinyMK , I ordered an Edimax Nano Wireless USB Adapter two days ago. I should be receiving it in the mail sometime on the 9th (which is Monday). Will it work best with my N3DS XL (Luma CFW and A9LH installed, 11.2) at a good rate of 30-40FPS depending on how good the adapter is with its signal strength?

Last edited by CGNetwork,

Desynched

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had trouble getting ntr viewer to work with some unofficial cia files. would this by chance have any better luck?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
@ShinyMK , I ordered an Edimax Nano Wireless USB Adapter two days ago. I should be receiving it in the mail sometime on the 9th (which is Monday). Will it work best with my N3DS XL (Luma CFW and A9LH installed, 11.2) at a good rate of 30-40FPS depending on how good the adapter is with its signal strength?
Honestly im not the one to be asking, as all the times when I tried using adapters instead of direct router I just get bad performance.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apologies if this was answered in the thread already and I somehow missed it, but I've almost got Kit-kat working on my computer. I've got the IP set up and Kit-kat does seem to detect when the 3DS is connected to the router. However, after briefly showing that "NTRviewer started" the capture window on my computer disappears and NTRviewer appears to open a terminal right as it disappears. It also continues to display "Trying to connect..." indefinitely. What's weird is that it only does this if the 3DS is connected to the router. It will just give me the "Failed to connect" message if my 3DS isn't online.
Its because of something is blocking NTRViewer from receiving Data. Try disable firewall and Anti-Virus's.

I want to change C-stick controls from the DPad to my DS4 Right Stick, as well as bind ZL/ZR. How would I go about doing that?
You cant

What's up yall. tryna connect via kitkat and getting "Make sure you're using Boot NTR Selector and loading 3.4
-Wi-Fi Adapter and router might not be getting a strong enough connection, - IP Address could be incorrect (it changes every now and then), -3DS and PC might not be connected to the same network, - 3DS might not ACTUALLY be connected to the internet (Some games disable Wi-Fi when you are in it to allow NFC - Pokemon Zelda e.t.c)."

I'm using 3.4, I been streaming for months with it. Same for the network settings - I'm not out of range or anything, and I moved my 3ds and macbook down to where the router is and get the same result. They are all on the same network. I have a static ip set on the 3ds so it shouldn't be an ip conflict. The 3ds is 100% connected to the internet. Also tried using a 2012 iMac. Wine opens kitkat fine, and like i said i've been streaming for months. If I open Nitro Stream/NTR Viewer they pick up the stream just fine. Really having trouble tryna figure out what the problem could be, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I dont provide support for Wine sorry

I'm trying to connect at all, The IP address of the 3ds is 10.0.1.36 according to FBI, but it's not connecting, I ran NTR Selector 3.4, then the IR, then used wine to run kitkat, and put in 10.0.1.36 in manually, since it wasn't autofinding, and I get an error, also the wine console is saying "SendPacket: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
You run the IR THEN Boot NTR Selector. not the other way around.

Think I may have found a bug. I booted up NTR on my N3DS using Luma EmuNand. I booted up kit-kat.exe which is on the "auto" setting. But before I booted kit-kat, I went to FBI (I'm trying to get a snapshot of what's on my NAND) on my 3DS and made sure to press the "home" button so my 3DS was online. When I booted up kit-kat, it was a black screen and my 3DS froze!
Not too sure what u mean

I can't seem to make it work with Pokemon Moon? Any idea? I tried the instructions. It does work if I go online. But doesn't work offline.
What the tutorial on the OP for Pokemon Games.

How can I change the keyboard settings?
I wanna change the key bindings
Press F2 and just press the Key that you wanna change then click the one you want to change it to then press ESC.

When I click the controller button on wine it closes the app.
I dont provide spport for wine.

This was working until it downloaded the most recent updates, now getting the below image with white NTR viewer and setbuff on the console. Not sure if something i need to flush/clear? works just fine on laptop with same software, pc not working after downloading 1.4.7. appreciate any insight.
Firewall or Anti-Virus is intruppting it.

I've had trouble getting ntr viewer to work with some unofficial cia files. would this by chance have any better luck?
COnfused what ur asking xD

Need help! N3ds 11.2 with Luma+A9HL, if i use NTR+Kitkat everything is fine but if i close kitkat and try to boot a game on my 3ds without restarting it i'm always stuck on the 3ds logo boot with pulsating things. Is there a specific way to disconnect from kitkat or do i really need to restart my 3ds after using Kitkat?
Thats meant to happen, its a side effect of NTR Boot itself and theres nothing I can do.

BXSBXGg.png

"Trying to connect..."

That's all i'm getting with kit-kat.exe

I have the correct IP and the NTRViewer box opens up, the 3ds screen flashes a little, but no images.
Firewall or Anti-Virus is interrupting it.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly im not the one to be asking, as all the times when I tried using adapters instead of direct router I just get bad performance.

Okay. I tried direct router, and I had terrible performance even if I am far away from it as I did a recent test.

kabum87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a TL-WN822N + Connectify and I get better performance, about 35 FPS average in Monster Hunter Generations.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Then I guess your router is just under-powered. And also those Micro-USB Adapters are never really good, you should look itnto high transfer speed USB Adapters. Good ones I recommend are always TP-Link adapters. If you have a PCI-E slot and you know how to install these kinda things then I recommend getting a Dual Band PCI-E Wifi Adapter they work AMAZING.

Am I the only one not using Connectify?
You should use connectify aswell as its a bit better, Using Connectify + WiFi Adapter just makes the connection more stable which can help.

[v1.5.0] Improved UI and Settings Tab
https://github.com/initPRAGMA/kit-kat/releases/tag/1.5.0
The UI is improved a bit and the Settings Tab is completely re-done.
The IP Address text box is now ALWAYS on the bottom of Kit-Kat no matter what tab you are on.
HostedNetwork's are no longer ended when you close CTR-V. This was a bug leftover from a feature that was removed.
kit-kat no longer freezes and ultimately crashes when you use IR and THEN use Capture Card.
The issue was that it was trying to disconnect from the socket as you are now connected, but when its disconnecting it ends up disconnecting IR (Which is normal) but then it still has the variable "isConnected" set to true, it forgot to set it back to false on disconnect, once this was resolved the crash stopped.
In IR, the "Status" is now a lot different looking compared to the rest of the tabs. I might follow the same format/layout of the "Status" panel info thing to the rest of the tabs in the future.

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
I'm opening kit-kat in Wine Staging, and it keeps saying that it failed to connect to my 3DS. I've confirmed the IP is correct because I use it all the time with FileZilla to transfer files over.I've tried opening Boot NTR CFW Selector before and after just to make sure I'm trying everything, but I'm not getting anything.

D

Deleted User

I'm opening kit-kat in Wine Staging, and it keeps saying that it failed to connect to my 3DS. I've confirmed the IP is correct because I use it all the time with FileZilla to transfer files over.I've tried opening Boot NTR CFW Selector before and after just to make sure I'm trying everything, but I'm not getting anything.
I dont provide support for Wine sorry.

Reactions: PRAGMA

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
What's the point in quoting that. I'm asking for help because some people have got it working in Wine Staging. No need to be like that.
I dont provide support doe, and as far as I know, it was only working on v1.0 or something and since then its just not working. And I dont know why or what could cause it and even if I did I probably wouldnt implement a fix as its a WINDOWS C# application so I dont provide support for it.
A lot of people are telling me about MonoFramework and xlib and one day I might test em out but until then its pretty much windows only.

[1.5.2] Fixed Settings
https://github.com/initPRAGMA/kit-kat/releases/tag/1.5.2
In the new 1.5.0 settings tab change, none of the settings apart from IP Address could be changed (Well atleast code-wise), they would change, but nothing would actually be stored/saved resulting in the actual code thinking you never changed anything.

Desynched

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShinyMK I mean I was trying to record gameplay of my snakes game using ntr, but it doesn't work. probably because I don't clear the screen every frame, or because snakes uses local play wifi. dunno. When I try to record my snakes game, the stream is all black for both top and bottom screens. Even if I patch the connection. When I go back to home screen, the stream starts to work again.

I was wondering if kit-kat would have better luck

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I guess your router is just under-powered. And also those Micro-USB Adapters are never really good, you should look itnto high transfer speed USB Adapters. Good ones I recommend are always TP-Link adapters. If you have a PCI-E slot and you know how to install these kinda things then I recommend getting a Dual Band PCI-E Wifi Adapter they work AMAZING.

You should use connectify aswell as its a bit better, Using Connectify + WiFi Adapter just makes the connection more stable which can help.

Too late, I already purchased one adapter with 150Mbps transfer speed, but I am stuck with a Verizon FiOS router. But yeah, I will look into getting a dual band adapter from TP-Link in the future.

As for Connectify, sure. I will have to use it once my adapter arrive in the mail sometime in a few days.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
@ShinyMK I mean I was trying to record gameplay of my snakes game using ntr, but it doesn't work. probably because I don't clear the screen every frame, or because snakes uses local play wifi. dunno. When I try to record my snakes game, the stream is all black for both top and bottom screens. Even if I patch the connection. When I go back to home screen, the stream starts to work again.

I was wondering if kit-kat would have better luck
its the Local Play wifi, anything that disables Wifi even temporarily fucks up kit-kat/ntrviewer.

I'm still getting the same error
From what I can see your using WINE. I dont provide support for it because it doesnt work on wine anymore.

Too late, I already purchased one adapter with 150Mbps transfer speed, but I am stuck with a Verizon FiOS router. But yeah, I will look into getting a dual band adapter from TP-Link in the future.

As for Connectify, sure. I will have to use it once my adapter arrive in the mail sometime in a few days.
150mbps should be pretty decent.
my router's speeds are apparently "up to 100mbps" so that should be pretty decent since my router gets 40-45 fps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!