Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JNKPlat_2018_Game_20181002_3DSQR_thumbb.png

Platdude's great adventure continues.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Platdude.
We join our adventurer as he roams around a series of dungeons and caverns and puzzling areas for absolutely no reason other than to gather up as many blue spheres as he can.
Why does he do it? Nobody's sure.
But gathering up all the spheres seems to unlock a door to yet another dungeon, cavern or otherwise puzzling area.

-=-=-
Editor
-=-=-

The editor is as fully formed as it's going to get.
If you'd like me to add a few more tile types, be sure to suggest them in the thread! I have space for another 16 or so tiles before I need to rework some of the game's formatting.

Once you've made a set of 4 levels in a single pack, head back to the menu and play through all 4 to earn the "All 4" icon for that level pack, to ensure the levels are completable.
If you'd then like to upload your levels, take the MyLevels.lev file from your SD card and upload it via this page.

-=-=-
Puzzle Platformer
-=-=-

Please be aware that JNKPlat is more Puzzle game than Platform game. There will be a few occasions when you consider things in the game to be "wrong", because you're expecting them to behave in the style of a Platform game.
JNKPlat is a Puzzle game first and foremost.

-=-=-
Two Button Jump
-=-=-

You can turn this off in the main menu. The toggle is on the top-left.
It is recommended to play JNKPlat with two jump buttons.
The game is .. Harder.. with only one jump button, and I haven't implemented everything properly due to it requiring more than a little guess-work as to what the player's actually trying to do.
Hopefully when you start playing the game, you'll understand that a little better.

You can download JNKPlat2018 here.

Last edited by Jayenkai,

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that JNKPlat's out in the wild, the thoughts and reviews are starting to pile up.
Hurray \o/

Frequent game reviewer RSKGames has posted a wonderfully lengthy review of the game, which you can read here.
In addition, this site has posted thoughts in .. I think Spanish?! Not sure.. Google Translate suggests it's Spanish, and who am I to argue!?
There's also this LetsPlay by Otakupunk.

If you spot any more JNKPlat thoughts, be sure to let me know :D

Reactions: plug313 and lauty29

lauty29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Congrats, It's a very entertaining game, I have not finished it yet.
Yes, that site is an Spanish site & they nail it with the small analysis.
pd:sorry english is not my first language.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I wasn't sure. Google used to pop up a little "Translated from xyz", but the chrome feature no longer tells you, and now just says "Translated". Had to stick it into the iOS app before it would at least tell me that it'd guessed at Spanish!!

.. Google's getting like Microsoft.. The more they add, the less they tell you!

Jayenkai

Makes Games
OP
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First time trying out "Theme Design" properly. I'm not 100% sure this uploaded correctly, so if anyone wants to give it a go and let me know, that'd be great!
Theme Plaza link

Oh, you know what, they've set up moderation.. Sorry, I didn't notice that, earlier!
I'll edit this post once (if!) it does live.

Last edited by Jayenkai, , Reason: Derp!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...