Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,844,209
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have trouble transferring the extdata of Fire Emblem Fates from one 3DS to another?
My sister's been playing FE:F on my 3DS and has gotten really far. I've so far transferred the save files she has(1st page saves) but I wasn't able to transfer saves from her Conquest storyline(Which is using the extdata slots).
Someone please help .-. I've Rx Tools and she has Cakes.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stand corrected then.
What does the @ and _ difference make then?
I've experienced a program or two that don't like such symbols in folder names, IR-GTS-BW being one example. I had trouble with folders having "é" in their name. To solve my issue, I renamed those folders using "e". I'm assuming similar issues may occur with "@".

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save in the Extdata slots on the 3DS you're transferring to first so it creates them and then try it. The manager can't create the extdata itself yet.
Thank you for clarifying <3 I was able to transfer the extdata save(The other one is after the fate branches, so I guess I'll wait for her to come back and activate that before I restore it again.)

EDIT:
Turns out, she had to play through till chapter 6 again to unlock the branch of fate. I was able to restore her file.

There is another issue now, however. When she tries to start that chapter(chpt 17 "Den of Betrayal"), it goes black and crashes to the homescreen and restarts :( Is there an explanation or fix for this? I don't think she wants to play all the way to 17 again xD

Thanks again, JK :)

Last edited by ZoneBlaze,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've experienced a program or two that don't like such symbols in folder names, IR-GTS-BW being one example. I had trouble with folders having "é" in their name. To solve my issue, I renamed those folders using "e". I'm assuming similar issues may occur with "@".
Erm, test that out first then, since a lot of people here like @
The é I can understand since it not common, but @ is common. Symbol I know wont work: when you rename a file, see what gives you an error. The following won't work
? \ ? | * < > : "

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm, test that out first then, since a lot of people here like @
The é I can understand since it not common, but @ is common. Symbol I know wont work: when you rename a file, see what gives you an error. The following won't work
? \ ? | * < > : "
If more people prefer "@" over underscore, I can simply continue renaming the folders. Aesthetically, I don't like any symbols other than letters, numbers and underscores anyway. To me, having a movable cursor/caret when naming the folder would be the most significant improvement over this quibble.

gbatempuser32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using RXTools 2.6, I have tried to backup Retro City Rampage on Sysnand and Cave Story on Emunand and although I get the confirmation message to say the save data has been backed up successfully on both games, neither of the save files are located in the SD card and I cannot import the save files either.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using RXTools 2.6, I have tried to backup Retro City Rampage on Sysnand and Cave Story on Emunand and although I get the confirmation message to say the save data has been backed up successfully on both games, neither of the save files are located in the SD card and I cannot import the save files either.
Get rid of RXfail. Go with reinand or my personal favorite Aureinand.

And then just use this save manager for any save needs and use Decrypt9 for any of the tools that RXfail may have offered at one time.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

gbatempuser32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get rid of RXfail. Go with reinand or my personal favorite Aureinand.
I was planning on makeing the swap to Aureinand soon enough. Though with Reinand is it simply just a case on placing the right files on my SD card and booting it up the same way as rxtools? Since I haven't touched my CFW in a few months.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on makeing the swap to Aureinand soon enough. Though with Reinand is it simply just a case on placing the right files on my SD card and booting it up the same way as rxtools? Since I haven't touched my CFW in a few months.
Depends on how you launch your Current CFW. If launching with the .3dsx in a boot manager then you replace that .3dsx with the replacement CFW .3dsx and make sure your paths are right. If in doubt, redo your setup as if installing new. But skip the emunand creation step.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Aureinand, reinand, cakescfw are all as simple as placing the right files on your sd card. All 3 have a9lh support but you don't need it to use them

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
JK_, are you planning to add support of Gateway cartridges?
31f2ec7e41d0e172bb3a2101e995367b.jpg

He has already said he doesn't know how gateway does it. Please use the search feature. This same question is on almost every page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...