1. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Some games have a security to prevent you from messing around with it.
    Everytime you play the game the code changes, so you need to have a good save from your game, dump it (and don't play it anymore for now) then you can use a save from somebody else and fix the secure value code with the one from your last save, import it again and you are good to go.

If you don't fix the security code, you get a corrupt save.

naddel81 likes this.
  2. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

United States
    I believe it does it automatically, although I could be wrong since its been some time since I did anything on N3DS since its currently being unbricked.

naddel81 likes this.
  3. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You can just delete the secure value and the import should work.......

4. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    how to delete the secure value and can it be done automatically? or is there any reason it is not done automatically?

5. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    When this describes what the system titles do, it says it contains CFL_DB.dat but the _ in there is displayed wrong.

6. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

United States
    I'm pretty sure it does it automatically

naddel81 likes this.
  7. JK_

OP JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's the font. If I switch it to a different one, the '_'s are displayed fine. I'm still looking around for a better one that isn't huge.
    That's strange. Pokemon is usually one of my go to games to test because it's easy to pop some in and check that it wrote the save right. I've never encountered this though. I've actually made things for people and jumped from game to manager over and over too. Are you using the latest?

8. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The infinite-boot-screen hang is caused by exiting by home button while a game's save archive is open; just mash B until it kicks you back to homescreen instead.

9. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    Interesting, I always exit via the exit button on the GUI and it quits on its own. I have never closed it via home button. I do not think I have a save archive open as I exit via the main menu, which I assume unloads any open save archives.

What is even more strange is that I have had Pokemon launch once just fine after injecting a save. the rest were infinite boot-screen hangs.

10. JK_

United States
    You can also hit start in the newest one to have that done for you. It'll break all the loops to make sure it shuts down right.

11. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    That is good to know. however it seems exiting via the GUI does not break all loops. Any chance you could fix this in the next version so using exit on on the GUI breaks the loops rather than quitting and causing issues booting games afterward?

Michierusama likes this.
  12. fireguy85

fireguy85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is done automatically in this save manager.

DjoeN likes this.
  13. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

Malaysia
    Dumping Scribblenaunts Unlimited save freezes JKSM

14. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    For me, everything works fine if using safe data filer but with your tool, the deleting option doesnt works with pokemon .cia games.

15. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

United States
    If only there was an easier way to import save backups from SavDataFiler. Specifically for Animal Crossing New Leaf, since that game has secure value issues with the cia version of the game, you can't import the saves with SavDataFiler. The saves import without a hitch using JKSM, BUT you have to first rename everything to a way that JKSM can read it. This is a problem because I have 300 or so saves, each save holding a specific villager in boxes ready to move. It would take an insane amount of hours to rename all of these saves properly. So long, that I pretty much have to say farewell to all those saves since I'm no longer a Gateway user.

Am I truly SOS or is there any hope to using these saves once again? If only I could "browse" for saves to import. For example, I can select SD > Animal Crossing > Browse SD for save

Which would allow me to import just about any save that isn't in JKSM format (By that I mean in a folder named specifically, etc)

16. JK_

United States
    I've been asked for this a lot actually. It's probably gonna happen soon. I've just been busy lately.

I don't want you guys to think I'm ignoring you or anything. I really do want it to work the best it can for everyone. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what is causing crashes for certain games. It should bail the minute something can't be read.

What happens? Nothing, or does it say it's corrupted? Some games are fine with just wiping the files, others aren't. The latest should allow deleting again and commit it correctly.

MattKimura likes this.
  17. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Nothing (no errors)........ nothing really changes, the game just loads the save normally (I tested it right now with Aplha Sapphire).

18. Anubis

Anubis GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Is it possible to export Gateway cart saves?

cvskid likes this.
  19. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

United States
    Is it possible to read or even search a thread before asking?

20. WiteWulf

WiteWulf Member
    Newcomer

Hi folks, newbie JKSV user here. I've searched the thread but am still a little confused as to how to proceed.

I have a broken N3DS that was never on emunand and will no longer power on, it's SD card is intact and I have a backup of it's contents on my PC.

I bought a new N3DS, ran through plailect's CFW guide and am now running a9lhx/aureinand on 10.7 successfully.

I've linked my NNID to the newly softmod'd device and re-downloaded all my eShop content. I've also installed some legit CIA games and can confirm they're working fine.

Now, my question is: can I transfer over saves from the old, non-emunand, N3DS's SD card to the new device? I've located all the .sav files and the extdata folder structure on the old SD card but I'm not sure how to go about getting them onto the new card. Should I just copy the whole contents of the old SD card to a subfolder on the new SD card and point JKSM at it?

Most of the talk on here only mentions exporting saves from softmod'd devices using JKSV, rather than recovering save data from un-mod'd devices, before importing them to a mod'd device. Can I actually recover saves from a device that was never mod'd?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release]JKs, SaveManager, Homebrew