Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It's worth noting I get crashes in Ironhax too.

Yo that means you need to clean install your stuff man. Just grab the starter kit from smeal's the latest updated one. I feel there's something in your system like an old payload that's conflicting with your current settings.

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo that means you need to clean install your stuff man. Just grab the starter kit from smeal's the latest updated one. I feel there's something in your system like an old payload that's conflicting with your current settings.
I am already up to date. How many times do I have to say that? I stalk Smea's twitter. I'm probably the first guy who did update.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@mashers I think I may know why you can't reproduce the problems! I know you always use your Homebrew Emergency Launcher. If you use ctr boot manager with your launcher, the delay it haves (I set my delay to 0 and it boots instantly) while launching the hbl fix the problems the launcher is having (Some users have reported it and I've just tested it) So I think maybe the default delay of your Homebrew Emergency Launcher it's whats fixing the problems for you not letting you reproduce the errors. Have you tried if you encounter the problems by booting straight to the HBL without Homebrew Emergency Launcher?

Edit: Maybe it's not the delay but maybe ctr boot manager and your emegency lancher force close all the open services while exiting back and that what's fixes it. Hope this helps in any way. :)

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I really love this launcher, much more than smea's one but the one thing that would make me switch back is the fact that I can't see any rooms on smash bros with friends when running the region free launcher. For glory works fine but it just doesn't pick up friends matches and I don't know why please help

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
I really love this launcher, much more than smea's one but the one thing that would make me switch back is the fact that I can't see any rooms on smash bros with friends when running the region free launcher. For glory works fine but it just doesn't pick up friends matches and I don't know why please help
I don't see how the launcher would cause this. Try using HANS.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Update!: With beta 104 this is no longer needed. Just update with the online updater.

Gridlauncher "Hotfix"

nZr1Srj.png

What does this do?
This will fix problems exiting apps like CHMM2 and others some users are experiencing. No more need to press L+R+Down+B and no problems with sounds after exiting an app. It also improves the boot rate if your experiencing some crashes while launching the HBL. The bottom screen sometimes use to get stuck on a yellow screen.

How to install?
1.(Optional) Backup the boot.3dsx located on the root of your SD card because it will be replaced.
2.Extract the contents of the .rar folder attached to this post to the root of your SD card and replace if necessary.
3.On your 3ds go to your homebrew launcher and enjoy :yay:

This is only for users who don't have CtrBootManager already! The launcher should work without any problems for them.

Here is the link to this post which you can reply to anyone having problems and you think this fix might help: https://gbatemp.net/posts/5790697/

This is CtrBootManager already configured to not be noticed and it fixes problems some users are having with the launcher currently. I also configured the Online Updater so you can update without it replacing your original boot.3dsx

Files

boot.3dsx = ctrbootmanager already configured
boot_hb.3dsx = Grid Launcher Beta 103
boot.cfg = already configured settings for ctrbootmanager
gridlauncher = contains the online updater files already configured so you can update it without it replacing your boot.3dsx which is used for ctrbootmanager.

Attachments

• Gridlauncher Hotfix.rar
    821.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by JJTapia19,

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor glitch: the title loading in the background does not pause if you enter an app that loads titles (e.g. Hans/svdt) and then back into the main grid. The titles in the bottom left corner icon correctly load and the pause if you enter then leave the menu.

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible :
to use the home button to quit a app instead of the annoying combo L+R+B+D.PAD down ? Especially in camera/photo viewer app...
to Switch folder by pressing L and R or ZR,ZL for new3DS ?
to Have some shortcut like 3DS homemenu for frequent app ? Like the one in the top of bottom screen in 3DS homemenu.
REmove graphic glitches that happends, when loading hbl, homebrew, app, etc ?

Sorry for the annoyance...

Last edited by ChrisN8,

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible :
to use the home button to quit a app instead of the annoying combo L+R+B+D.PAD down ? Especially in camera/photo viewer app...
to Switch folder by pressing L and R or ZR,ZL for new3DS ?
to Have some shortcut like 3DS homemenu for frequent app ? Like the one in the top of bottom screen in 3DS homemenu.
REmove graphic glitches that happends, when loading hbl, homebrew, app, etc ?

Sorry for the annoyance...
1. That's a payload feature, so you'd have to ask the almighty Smea for that one.
2. Probably. It shouldn't be too hard to make that one.
3. I'm not sure what you mean by that one.
4. This is a limitation of the hax payloads. There's nothing that can be done about it.

Last edited by TheReturningVoid,

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mashers Would it be possible to make something like an e-shop but than for HBL Themes? So you don't always need to go to gbatemp to download them and put them on your SD card.

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. That's a payload feature, so you'd have to ask the almighty Smea for that one.
2. Probably. It shouldn't be too hard to make that one.
3. I'm not sure what you mean by that one.
4. This is a limitation of the hax payloads. There's nothing that can be done about it.
Thanks you for your anwsers.

z3ro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thewordofjoe.com
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Uh... Not trying to add fuel to this fire, but I see nothing here detailing any truly useful info. It still isn't known which 3DS this is on (O3DS vs. N3DS) or what firmware is being used (9.9 or 10.1 or 4.5, for example). All we do know is the hax version (which is apparently 2.5, as it's mentioned a couple of times in previous posts, and is a component of the newly updated menuhax 2.0) and the launcher version. The problem with the yellow screen could be a symptom of something else. Perhaps a firmware issue or a memory issue, but since I don't know enough about the hax itself to make a truly informed guess here, I can only fall back on basic troubleshooting skills. Said skills require information to arrive at a conclusion beyond "it has to be this one thing, it's broken, fix it now!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1