Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please upload it! I really want to see it. And if it's possible, please do the rounding of the icons less aggressive! Just take a look are the Nintendo icons' roundness. If they would match, it would look really nice!
Ok buddy, since you asked so nicely I've just attached a new beta :) This one adds the following:
  • Cart tab on the region free launcher
  • Less harshly rounded borders on app icons
  • The grey backgrounds on empty spaces in the grid are now optional
Hope you enjoy these changes :)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok buddy, since you asked so nicely I've just attached a new beta :) This one adds the following:
  • Cart tab on the region free launcher
  • Less harshly rounded borders on app icons
  • The grey backgrounds on empty spaces in the grid are now optional
Hope you enjoy these changes :)
Thanks a lot! However, a screenshot would have been enough, since I'm not at home yet. :P I'll test it... like 2 hours later. :D

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Mashers great work on the new update now for a little request that I will probably be the only one who wants it lol I know we have two or three rows but I would love a single row as thats how my dsi and my 3ds home menu is set up I prefer the look of single rows rather than two or three rows. Also would it be possible for the pages to auto scroll or whatever its called just like the 3ds home screen does please

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey Mashers great work on the new update now for a little request that I will probably be the only one who wants it lol I know we have two or three rows but I would love a single row as thats how my dsi and my 3ds home menu is set up I prefer the look of single rows rather than two or three rows. Also would it be possible for the pages to auto scroll or whatever its called just like the 3ds home screen does please
What would the difference be then from smea's launcher, other than the horizontal orientation? It pretty much defeats the purpose of this launcher.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok here's a quick photo of the grid with the smaller corner radius and the cart tab for the launcher. I'll upload proper screenshots later as I want to take nice screenshots from Citra but can't get a cart icon on there, which means mocking it up in Photoshop and I can't really be bothered right now ;)

IMG_2346.JPG

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A single horizontal row, not a vertical list.
exactly lol and 730 it would be nothing like smeas launcher. Mashers launcher looks way much better plus you can put your brew in alphabetical order

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: SomeGamer

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
plus you can put your brew in alphabetical order
Oh yes @mashers, consider an option to separate stray 3dsx files from those in folders. Actually, don't bother with it, when the source is up I'll just make a pull request with the needed changes (with config option of course).

BTW, this looks more and more powerful with each update.

Last edited by suloku,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes @mashers, consider an option to separate stray 3dsx files from those in folders. Actually, don't bother with it, when the source is up I'll just make a pull request with the needed changes (with config option of course).

BTW, this looks more and more powerful with each update.
All we need is a web browser and a homebrew store then this can replace the Home menu

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
My wishlist:
A) Loading indicators (card launch, title selector)
B) Fixed water (like suloku's HBL mod)
C) Remade regionfree icon for new roundness
D) Per-page loading for title selector (not sure)
E) Colors
E/2) Konami code
F) More animations
G) Removed "Author:"
Just suggestions, feel free not to implement them! :P

Last edited by SomeGamer,

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wasn't that supposed to be added to this HBL?
Yes this will be optional in a future release. Don't worry, it's still in the back of my mind to do it :)

I have just attached beta version 15 to the first post. This version finally, after several days of head-scratching, makes the title browser display in a grid like the main menu. This was a LOT of work as I had to extract the grid drawing code from the main menu and make it generalisable for other menus, then write code to translate the title browser data to the same structure as the main menu, pass the newly structured title menu to the new grid drawing function, and handle selection of a title from the grid (rather than a .3dsx). The hardest part was figuring out how to pass the title ID from the title browser to the grid menu data, then getting it back out again to find out which title was actually selected.

I think it's all working now, at least on my 9.9 EUR N3DS. I have no idea whatsoever if this will solve the problem with no titles showing for some users as I can't reproduce this bug. If you were having this problem before, I would appreciate it if you could let me know whether or not it is working now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do they show up again if you exit the launcher and go back into it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should not have that problem any more. It no longer auto-updates the list of titles, but scans them once when you open the title menu.
When I launch that title browser it doesn't display in a grid, so I suppose that's not that.

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you make it so you can loop back to the rightmost page by hitting left of the leftmost page?

Both for the main menu and the title selector. With the title selector I have a wopping 5 pages to sort through and Alpha Sapphire is LAST.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you make it so you can loop back to the rightmost page by hitting left of the leftmost page?

Both for the main menu and the title selector. With the title selector I have a wopping 5 pages to sort through and Alpha Sapphire is LAST.
Mashers if you do this can you make it optional as one of my pet hates is menus that loop that would be the best of both worlds for people who like and don't like that option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o