Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@mashers How do we add background music. I seemed to miss a lot when i was sleeping.... Also, A splash screen?
I noticed that too. Here is instructions if you want to make your own BGM.bin

1. Download an MP3/MP4/whatever you want as BGM.
2. Load it up in audacity/any audio editor.
3. Delete all of the tracks but one (If it is stereo, make it mono, for example. The result should leave you with a mono file.)
4. Edit how you like it (make it louder, longer, faster, stronger).
5. Change the project rate to 44100Hz if it isn't already.
6. Export it as a WAV (Microsoft) signed 16bit PCM file.
7. Rename it to BGM.bin and put it in your themes folder.

Reactions: BurningDesire

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, fixed it. Please update to beta 86. I commented out a line which was producing compiler warnings about an unused variable, but it was the line that actually reads the BGM.bin file :rolleyes::P

Reactions: mungry

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed there is a beep when it start to play bgm,is it normal?
Mine doesn't do that. Make sure your audio file starts with as close to 0db as possible. For example when editing my loop, I zoomed in as far as I could and deleted anything at the start which was above or below the 0db line.

D

Deleted-236924

@mashers It appears to me that apps which launch by selecting titles (e.g. svdt, HANS) respect ignoredtitles.txt. Should this be the case? They seem like different use cases: personally, I have all my demos in ignoredtitles.txt, because running them from the Title Launcher will reduce demo uses. But then I can't select them from HANS, either. Personally, I'd prefer for only the Title Launcher to respect ignoredtitles.txt. Maybe as an option, if others feel differently?

HANS allows you to launch demos with 0 uses left anyway :P but then I guess it won't serve a purpose to have them showing in title launcher if they have 0 uses left.

Last edited by ,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there some sort of size limitation on the bgm? I doesn't play, I put it in my themes folder.
Mine is about 6.5MB and plays fine. Did you follow RedHat's instructions on how to convert the file? Also where did you put it and what version of gridlauncher are you on?

By the way, I'm working on sound effects now :)

Reactions: JJTapia19

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is about 6.5MB and plays fine. Did you follow RedHat's instructions on how to convert the file? Also where did you put it and what version of gridlauncher are you on?

By the way, I'm working on sound effects now :)

Mine is 19MB. Yes, I did follow RedHat's instructions. I put it in gridlauncher/themes/ - didn't work. I also put it in a individual theme folder and it didn't work. I updated to 86 using the built-in updater.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is 19MB. Yes, I did follow RedHat's instructions. I put it in gridlauncher/themes/ - didn't work. I also put it in a individual theme folder and it didn't work. I updated to 86 using the built-in updater.
you need to put it in the folder that the theme is in. Like grid launcher/themes.pokemon/BGM.bin

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Gah! I woke up and there was 6 more pages of posts! @mashers, I'm glad you got my changes working! I'll try and answer some notes, however:
@RedHat
Background music is working perfectly! Thank you! :) I'm also impressed that you did this and got the filesize down while also removing the startup garbage. I'm fascinated to learn how you did that :)
I think that's because I compiled without the "great-refactor" branch. Should I be doing that instead?
It's merged. All of @RedHat's changes are working in the main gridlauncher fork now :)
This makes me happy!
Yes, and I think I know the problem. RedHat changed the version from an int to a string. I've changed it back, but forgot to change the formatting string. I get compiler warnings about it, and I think that's what is causing it. I'm about to change it now and hopefully it will be fixed.
That's because I wanted the version to say 82-Dev (or something along the lines of that) to tell the difference between mine and your version. I might have frogotten to upload the source file. I have to make on my server box and upload on my main PC because git.

I'm pretty sure I answered all of the (probably useless) statements but I am here now if there are any more!

@mashers Check your github, you might need to change your README.md to more accurately represent what you have done. You copied my differences category, which was the differences between yours and mine!

Last edited by RedHat,

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to put it in the folder that the theme is in. Like grid launcher/themes.pokemon/BGM.bin

Yeah I don't know what i'm doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is that renaming the .wav file to BGM.bin doesn't actually make it a .bin file?

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't know what i'm doing wrong. The only thing I can think of is that renaming the .wav file to BGM.bin doesn't actually make it a .bin file?
No, It's just called a ".bin" file because I wanted to make sure that users read the instructions on how to create them. It can't be any type of WAV file, it has to be a specific mono 16 bit signed PCM wav file. Pretty specific, but it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it