Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There should be an option for title launcher where we can select which launching method to use (HANS / R4)!
Actually I realised the same thing today when talking to @TheToxicRyu about getting SM3DL EUR working. When I've integrated HANS booting into gridlauncher I will make sure this is optional.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What doesn't work with it? It runs perfectly with both Title Launcher and Hans for me. :huh:
On my EUR N3DSs running 9.9 and 10.2, SM3DL EUR won't boot at all using HANS (though it does using Region4). Same for @TheToxicRyu who originally posted about the issue. Are you saying you have SM3DL EUR booting through HANS?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
That's really weird. No video necessary :P what is the string of letters and numbers at the bottom of the cart label? Mine is LNA-CTR-AREP-EUR. Just wondering if there is more than one EUR SM3DL version.
Too late. Already uploading. :D
And mine is the same: LNA-CTR-AREP-EUR. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My Hans settings are:
Code:
Region: EUR
Language: EN
FW Version Spoof: NO
N3DS CPU Clock: 804Mhz (No difference though, only set it for fun.)
Code -> SD: NO
Romfs  -> SD: NO
Save Configuration: YES

Also, using Themehax 2.5 if that makes a difference.

D

Deleted-236924

At the same time, smileyhead is on 10.1, while the two that aren't working for you, mashers, are on 9.9 and 10.2 :P
I'm not sure if 3DS system menu version would make a difference :huh:

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Too late. Already uploading. :D
And mine is the same: LNA-CTR-AREP-EUR. :P

My Hans settings are:
Code:
Region: EUR
Language: EN
FW Version Spoof: NO
N3DS CPU Clock: 804Mhz (No difference though, only set it for fun.)
Code -> SD: NO
Romfs  -> SD: NO
Save Configuration: YES

Also, using Themehax 2.5 if that makes a difference.
Weird! Can you try with IronHax 2.5 and see what happens there?

At the same time, smileyhead is on 10.1, while the two that aren't working for you, mashers, are on 9.9 and 10.2 :P
I'm not sure if 3DS system menu version would make a difference :huh:
I believe @TheToxicRyu is on 10.1 and it doesn't work for him either.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just uploaded beta 65. This adds improved background loading of the title menu. The "Title preload" option has now been replaced with "background title loading". If you enable this, then the titles will start loading and appearing in real time when you open the title menu. If you close the title menu before it has finished loading, the loading will be paused and will resume again when you re-enter the title menu. Hopefully this will improve stability on devices where the original title preload, which started as soon as the launcher booted, was causing lockups. This feature is very beta. I don't have many titles on my 3DS to test with, so I can't be 100% certain that this is stable or consistent. If you have problems, please report them in this thread and disable the background loading option.

It doesn't work with Ironhax for some reason. Themehax still works like a charm though.
Aha! Then the mystery is solved - it's an Ironhax issue! Thanks :) Tagging @TheToxicRyu into this as he posted the original issue.

Reactions: JJTapia19

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've just uploaded beta 65. This adds improved background loading of the title menu. The "Title preload" option has now been replaced with "background title loading". If you enable this, then the titles will start loading and appearing in real time when you open the title menu. If you close the title menu before it has finished loading, the loading will be paused and will resume again when you re-enter the title menu. Hopefully this will improve stability on devices where the original title preload, which started as soon as the launcher booted, was causing lockups. This feature is very beta. I don't have many titles on my 3DS to test with, so I can't be 100% certain that this is stable or consistent. If you have problems, please report them in this thread and disable the background loading option.

Aha! Then the mystery is solved - it's an Ironhax issue! Thanks :) Tagging @TheToxicRyu into this as he posted the original issue.
Found a bug , if I quickly exit the title page before all of them load up, then run some homebrew(for me it is the CTRXplorer),
the system will show an error and force me turn off the console.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Quick update, I can't see any of the System Titles apart from settings. No Home Menu shortcut, no Nintendo Zone shortcut (I didn't unlock it yet so this was the only way to access it) no anything! Just Settings, Cartridge Loader, and stuff I've downloaded from the eShop. Not even eShop!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes Jeff Butts a reporter you can trust