Homebrew [Release] Half-Life (Xash3DS)

Happy1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
got this working on my Old 2ds. Everything running "fine" - but is there a possibility to change the controls ?I dont have any free-look with the default settings on my 2ds

best regards

DeathKorpGuardsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a .3DSX build for Half-Life: Blue Shift.

I've added the required changes to the hlsdk_3ds and recompiled.
https://github.com/MrHuu/hlsdk_3ds/tree/bshift

At least both the armorvest and helmet are functional in-game, some other features may not.

Use the .xml to launch the game.
I installed blue shift using this setup, and I can play through the hazard course fine, and start a new game, but after only a few seconds from loading into the tram, it boots me back to the menu, and not the 3DS menu, but the half-life menu.

Edit: after reinstalling the bshift folder I was able to ride the train for about a minute before I went back to the menu, and after that it went back to only working for a few seconds. also, the error that i think is causing it is that its unable to load barney_06.mdl, even though that file is present in the models folder.

Last edited by DeathKorpGuardsman,

Foneet

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Did you try loading it with a commandline argument? I got Blue Shift and Opposing Force workings without any issues. Havn't tried any other mods tho..
how did you get it working? my console crashes or goes back to home menu when i try custom game

Reactions: Pin1988

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got an Arm11 error with blueshift 5-10 afer I start a new game (into the tram). Can someone confirm this ? Thx.

EDIT : Took another Half-life version and it is working :) It seems that we cannot mix versions of HL and addons. However Opposing Force cannot finish the 1st scene : the chopter does not explode and the game continue to play but is not moving on :(

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I tested Gunman Chronicles and it is working :) There are some problems here and there but it works well. Like all other addons, be patient for the loading times.

Again, no way to get Opposing Force to complete the first scene... I tried all versions including the steam one.

EDIT : nope GUNMAN missing marines at the beginning, cannot launch the dialogue.

Last edited by CrashMidnick,

cubaliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

At least both the armorvest and helmet are functional in-game, some other features may not.

Hi MrHuu, in order to play blue shift mod, should I just put all the files in hlsdk_3ds directory and put them all into the bshift directory to overwrite the original files in bshift directory? Thanks for instruction.

RyanxGwG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interestingly enough multiplayer is working flawlessly for me. The highest amount of players Ive played with so far is 6, but there were no drops in performance.

Reactions: cubaliu

JonasRawen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This is truely amazing MasterFeizz! Your ports have filled such a huge gap in the 3DS homebrew scene.. Thank you so much!

So far the game is running fine here, with an occasional hiccup.
Also, Blue Shift and Opposing force both load/run fine! Just had to check this..

I would like to see the fps ingame, but i can't seem to open the console using ~.
Do you know an other way to open the console?

So far it's already an awesome experience, Thanks!
Hi, please how do you load the Blue Shift/Opposing Force, mine 2ds just crashes and shows some wierd yellowish glitchy screen upon loading
(sorry just realized there is a tutorial further up)

JonasRawen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Hi, sorry for bothering, but the Blue Shift expansion gives me delta.lst not found error, which is wierd because I have the delta.lst file in the bshift folder. I'm on old 2ds btw

vkcpolice

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
can i please get some help i got it running fine but the game runs way to fast like the intro train all the voices are really fast please help im running the cia version on a new 3ds xl

LilYoshi1998

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason it is super slow when it tries to do stuff like when i select something it takes like 9 minutes just to select something
Post automatically merged:

for some reason it is super slow when it tries to do stuff like when i select something it takes like 9 minutes just to select something

GaroK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I downloaded this in like 2018/19. Have loading times improved since then? For me they were unbearably long on New2DS.

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot figure out how to load Blue Shift, Opposing Force, or anything else via an XML file. From reading through the thread it sounds like that option is actually impossible.

I can get the game to run well with sound on a New 3DS XL. I just completed the hazard course and have played up to the resonance cascade. Had to rebind the controls first and now everything is dandy. Opening the save and load menus are slow, level loading times are unpleasantly long, and loading in new sound/graphics/models often causes a stutter. It's pretty good despite all of that.

My goal is to run the opening levels of Paranoia (this version seems to be best https://www.moddb.com/mods/paranoia/downloads/paranoia-the-game-edition-v122-ruen ) and maybe also Gunman Chronicles.

Unfortunately, Blue Shift and Opposing Force are changed juust enough that Xash is incompatible. That's why on the Play Store there are SO MANY versions of Xash, each for a different game. (CS 1.6, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, TF Classic, etc.)
It sounds like I'm going to have to compile a version of Xash specifically to play Paranoia or Gunman Chronicles. Anyone have any tips on where to begin doing this? I'm specifically not sure which version of Xash to start with nor what tweaks to it that I might need to make. I also don't normally compile anything myself but that's a personal problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended