Homebrew [Release] GenHax "primary" installer (JPN only)

Nubpi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use this hack. When I run server.py with the key argument it says it can't find the file JPN_event.arc. How do I get this file?

FojDLAh.png

Nubpi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the release page: https://github.com/svanheulen/genhax_proxy_installer/releases
The "genhax_proxy_installer.zip" has those files with it.

Ah my bad. It's working now. Thanks for the quick reply!
Iw4EX6X.png

So, the server is running fine, but now I'm getting an error when I try to download from the game. Any ideas how to fix this? Or update the game from the cart? I would like to try to avoid the eshop so I can potentially region change after installing a9lh.

Edit: Fixed this issue. Ended up updating the n3ds to v 11.2 to in order to update the game. installed the patch fine and did GenHax with no other issues (so far).
d522a1fc-2426-4fbf-b471-f81cebfcebeb
d522a1fc-2426-4fbf-b471-f81cebfcebeb
1a794329-a069-443d-bcac-69d2bfb12f48
AnNQFVn.jpg

Last edited by Nubpi,

Nubpi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the full system version for the 10.4 JPN n3ds? I'm trying to get to the homebrew launcher after downgrading from 11.2 to 10.4, but GenHax needs the full system version and I can't see it from the system settings.

Edit: Just found the version numbers here: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/3ds/system_update/changelog.html

Edit2: Turns out I didn't even need that? I was able to boot into HB after downgrading the system from 11.2 to 10.4 with selecting version 11.2.0.35-JPN on GenHax. It wasn't working for me before, but it just did now. Neat.

Last edited by Nubpi,

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the full system version for the 10.4 JPN n3ds? I'm trying to get to the homebrew launcher after downgrading from 11.2 to 10.4, but GenHax needs the full system version and I can't see it from the system settings.

Edit: Just found the version numbers here: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/3ds/system_update/changelog.html

Edit2: Turns out I didn't even need that? I was able to boot into HB after downgrading the system from 11.2 to 10.4 with selecting version 11.2.0.35-JPN on GenHax. It wasn't working for me before, but it just did now. Neat.
Yeah, whenever you need to select a system version for *hax it's the "software version" not the NATIVE_FIRM version. When you downgrade your NATIVE_FIRM, it leaves all of your software (home menu, etc.) the same, and *hax never touches NATIVE_FIRM so from the *hax perspective you're still running 11.2.0-35J.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the v1.3.0 update for MHX JPN adds the RSA signature code from Generations, so this is primary installer is dead forever :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.