Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.4b

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
guys any idea why i sometimes get grey screen (sometimes stipes of colors on grey screen & sometimes plain grey screen) when booting the gateway card ? i have to hold the power button for few seconds to turn the console off & start again!! this happens on regular bases.

it happens to me maybe like.... 1/15 times?
even if it happened 50% of the time... it's not so hard to do, it's worth the free games... right?

Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i thought my 3ds was fighting for it's life not to be bricked. :P glad to know it's a normal thing with gateway. thanks guys

Reactions: cearp

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
that used to happen to me too on my older SD card, i would just take out the SD card and put it back in properly and it wouldn't happen again. i think maybe it happens 'cause the SD card moves a bit from even a slight impact on the 3DS.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No issues for my upgrade but I did complicate matters by trying to upgrade the SD card (the one inside the 3DS) to a larger one at the same time. I planned to have gateway install a new emunand on the new SD card and then import my backup emunand. Somehow my sysnand (with no wifi-settings) got its wifi configured (I assume from emunand).

After I upgraded to 9.x and was prompted to reboot, I did and booted to sysnand but had left the wifi-on. I was shocked to see the Internet logo appear and quickly shutoff the wifi on the router. Luckily, sysnand didn't get an update. I'm not sure when my wifi settings got copied over to sysnand, be it from the 9.x upgrade or the SD card upgrade. I'll be sure to turn off my local wifi next time, just to be safe.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No issues for my upgrade but I did complicate matters by trying to upgrade the SD card (the one inside the 3DS) to a larger one at the same time. I planned to have gateway install a new emunand on the new SD card and then import my backup emunand. Somehow my sysnand (with no wifi-settings) got its wifi configured (I assume from emunand).

After I upgraded to 9.x and was prompted to reboot, I did and booted to sysnand but had left the wifi-on. I was shocked to see the Internet logo appear and quickly shutoff the wifi on the router. Luckily, sysnand didn't get an update. I'm not sure when my wifi settings got copied over to sysnand, be it from the 9.x upgrade or the SD card upgrade. I'll be sure to turn off my local wifi next time, just to be safe.

when you update your emuNAND, it usually copies your wifi settings over to sysNAND, that's "normal"
you can prevent this by already having 3 wifi connections on your sysNAND, just set up some fake connections, that don't work and you won't have to worry about it anymore

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you update your emuNAND, it usually copies your wifi settings over to sysNAND, that's "normal"
you can prevent this by already having 3 wifi connections on your sysNAND, just set up some fake connections, that don't work and you won't have to worry about it anymore

I normally keep my sysnand wifi settings blank. But are you saying that if I fill up all three sysnand wifi slots with garbage, then the system will never copy over the emunand wifi settings? Whatever if it works. Thanks.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll be posting here too for more visibility.

I updated my emunand from a clean 4.5 emunand (confirmed it was GW3DS). At some point during the update, it said it failed, and the system rebooted.
When I entered gateway mode, I had the new themes and the new firmware features, however going into settings it tells me 4.5GW firmware.
Tried to run smash, which requires 8.x, and it ran without asking anything.
However, I cannot access eShop, which is the big problem.

Updated via smash even though I had the 9.x features, it apparently let me do it and it worked, I still kept the 9.x features/UI. Tried to update it through system menu for the 9.x, again error.

Then I scrapped the entire emuNAND partition, formatted emunand, and began from scratch. Got 4.5 GW3D emunand again, this time I updated with smash from 4.5 clean to 8.1 first, which gave no issues whatsoever. Then I went to system to update to 9.x, again the same error.

It simply won't let me install update 9.x. Spent 3 hours doing the same thing over and over.

I need some help. Does the 3DS sd card need to be formatted in some specific way? I have no idea what to do.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

I updated my emunand from a clean 4.5 emunand (confirmed it was GW3DS). At some point during the update, it said it failed, and the system rebooted.
When I entered gateway mode, I had the new themes and the new firmware features, however going into settings it tells me 4.5GW firmware.

Updated via smash even though I had the 9.x features, it apparently let me do it and it worked, I still kept the 9.x features/UI. Tried to update it through system menu for the 9.x, again error.

Then I scrapped the entire emuNAND partition, formatted emunand, and began from scratch. Got 4.5 GW3D emunand again, this time I updated with smash from 4.5 clean to 8.1 first, which gave no issues whatsoever. Then I went to system to update to 9.x, again the same error.

It simply won't let me install update 9.x. Spent 3 hours doing the same thing over and over.

I need some help. Does the 3DS sd card need to be formatted in some specific way? I have no idea what to do.

This is weird!
I have set up 4 consoles and had no issue whatsoever in any of them.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

that is strange, what SD(HC) card are you using? how much space is left on it? try formating it with the panasonic sd formater or some other designated sd formater tool, ofc before you do that, backup all your data, but I guess I don't have to tell you that

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that is strange, what SD(HC) card are you using? how much space is left on it? try formating it with the panasonic sd formater or some other designated sd formater tool, ofc before you do that, backup all your data, but I guess I don't have to tell you that
After leaving the system in sleep mode for hours, I still needed to download the update (judging on how long it took to progress), but this time around I managed to progress up to 90% before the error occurred. However, this time both 9.x features and eShop are working, so I'll just go with it for now. I'll fix it if I encounter an issue/incompatibility.

As for my SD, I have this one on the 3DS slot:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-8GB...AsAccessories_MemoryCards&hash=item20e7c32205

About 6.3gb is left on it.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I went to update my Nintendo 3DS EUR and it failed several times (like 4-5 times)
The last time it finished without errors and I rerun the exploit to enter emuNAND all I got was a black screen.
I tried 4 other times and 3 out of them I got that black screen. It only worked the last time.

So, what could be causing this intermittent issue? Maybe my SD Card? BTW, I'm using my 2Gb stock Nintendo 3DS SD Card.

Thanks!

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I went to update my Nintendo 3DS EUR and it failed several times (like 4-5 times)
The last time it finished without errors and I rerun the exploit to enter emuNAND all I got was a black screen.
I tried 4 other times and 3 out of them I got that black screen. It only worked the last time.

So, what could be causing this intermittent issue? Maybe my SD Card? BTW, I'm using my 2Gb stock Nintendo 3DS SD Card.

Thanks!
Redo the EmuNAND formatting of the internal SD card and proceed to update again.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Redo the EmuNAND formatting of the internal SD card and proceed to update again.

ow man! Really?
It took me ages to finish this :P hehe
Let me explain you something that maybe change your point of view (or not... hehe).

Everytime it failed to create 9.x enuNAND I took to SD Card and injected my 4.5 original NAND into it. This way I know I always started fresh and without a previously "broken" or partial NAND download.

Even so should I redo my emuNAND?

Cheers!

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you make new formatting of EmuNAND from GW's menu your SD will be clear.
Try to update it just after that without copy anything else into.

If you have error message by the way during update process, issues must come from :
- Defective network access
- SD card hardware problem

I have updated successfully my girlfriend's 3DS console last saturday with the original 2GB SD card so no matter with 2GB memory card for update in 9.0.0.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
ON the last firmware I used to constantly get completely random "SD card removed" errors which would kick me out of emunand and "game card removed" errors which would close the game.

2.4b seems to have fixed this

So that's a plus :yay:

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
hey guys, why cant i play online SSb 3DS, i hawe all latest, like latest emunand and Gateway firmware and i downloaded patch 1.0.2 for SSB but its saying something like "you can not use tis game card for online play" something...

also tetris wont work online

and yes, i downloaded Euro versions of games, im in europe.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, why cant i play online SSb 3DS, i hawe all latest, like latest emunand and Gateway firmware and i downloaded patch 1.0.2 for SSB but its saying something like "you can not use tis game card for online play" something...

also tetris wont work online

and yes, i downloaded Euro versions of games, im in europe.

Are they 3DS or 3DZ? Also, do they have a header that will allow online play?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson