Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

alevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is there any functional difference between 3.7.1 and 4.0b? As the later us freezing the hell out of my 3DS. Opening the settings app > freeze. Opening the ROM select menu > freeze.

But when I use the 3.7.1, it works like a charm.

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any functional difference between 3.7.1 and 4.0b? As the later us freezing the hell out of my 3DS. Opening the settings app > freeze. Opening the ROM select menu > freeze.

Super stable 3d is fixed in 4.0b meaning you no longer need to close-open the hinge in other to enable it after boot.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does anyone here use BootAnim9 v0.6.1 to boot into Luma3DS/gateway? Everytime I turn on the console, "#bricked4life" "gateway detected" message shows up for 2-3 seconds. Is there any way to disable this? and why they do this? :/

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone here use BootAnim9 v0.6.1 to boot into Luma3DS/gateway? Everytime I turn on the console, "#bricked4life" "gateway detected" message shows up for 2-3 seconds. Is there any way to disable this? and why they do this? :/
because they are assholes
you'd probably need to modify the source code unless you can get around the way it detects you have gateway somehow

Reactions: Emenaria

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It was not a very nice move from the developer, i am really fed up with all the bashing towards GW users. Look at the lasts posts from the bootanim thread, i just pointed out that. I made a recompiled payload without the GW bash though.

Reactions: Azel

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using free CFW for a while now but I really like the look of gateway - mainly because of plug and play & cheats. I think the price is too damn high though and unless they slice the price in half to make it more relevent now that we have free cfw there's going to be a lot of bashing of gateway users

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you'd probably need to modify the source code unless you can get around the way it detects you have gateway somehow
The payload looks out for a file named Launcher.dat in the root of the sd, there are not many workarounds besides modifying the source or deleting the Launcher.dat which is undesirable.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It was not a very nice move from the developer, i am really fed up with all the bashing towards GW users. Look at the lasts posts from the bootanim thread, i just pointed out that. I made a recompiled payload without the GW bash though.
Thank you for the replies, I guess I'll look up how to modify and compile the source code. it hurts when people do stuff like this, like why should i be treated like this just because i've had a certain flashcart :/ (and i just use it when i wanna try romhacks and some gateshark cheats)

Last edited by Emenaria,

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry guys but I really don't have the time to read 15 pages. Could somebody give me a quick reply, does it do its job and work? Are there any drawbacks? I have a New3DS.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys but I really don't have the time to read 15 pages. Could somebody give me a quick reply, does it do its job and work? Are there any drawbacks? I have a New3DS.
it works on new 3ds using the arm9loaderhax.bin they released but since it doesn't work with non-screen-init the "super stable 3d" won't work

Reactions: Kibido

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you for the replies, I guess I'll look up how to modify and compile the source code. it hurts me when people do stuff like this, like why should i be treated like this just because i have gateway :/ (and i just use it when i wanna try romhacks and some gateshark cheats)
Check your conversations.

noreason4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works on new 3ds using the arm9loaderhax.bin they released but since it doesn't work with non-screen-init the "super stable 3d" won't work

Mh i used Plailects Guide and now GWs armloaderhax.bin to boot into sysnand.. Are you sure that super stable 3D is not working on 4.0b? I thought it did

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

They added a nag when you try to boot to A9LH updated sysNand asking to input Konami code, prolly because their launch doesn't protect firms while doing updates.
It doesn't nag when you have a compatible emunand setup.

Golbez194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone answer on those noobie questions about GATEWAY A9LH thing?)

I have n3ds with sysnand 9.2(downgraded one) with emunand 11.00
1) So to make this gateway a9lh thing work(not so familiar with a9lh thing)do i need to format my emunand with all those cia installed? Or i can install this a9lh thing,without doing anything with my existant emuand?
2) If i don't need to format or do something like that with my emnand,after i would install this a9lh,i will have my emunand worked just like before without need to reinstall all cia.'s?
3) is there a chance to brick console with that timemachine thing?
4) ok so after a9lh is installed,i heard that stable 3d on n3ds won't work at all? uh oh that's a baad thing then
5) do i need to backup anything to make gw a9lh work? before actial installation
6) So after all those a9lh work installed,it's like sys nand and emunand will be united? like on system reboot i always will get to gw a9lh emunand?
7) Then how works further system firmware update?
8) is there any minuses of installing this whole gw a9lh compare to classic way of gw emu/sys nand?

Geez i really need to read more about a9lh ))

Anyway thank for answers in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!