Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if you use the a9lh installer by them, it does not supporrt a9lh.bin
I'm aware of this, but there's two ways out of it:
  • use NAND restore (assuming it's fixed)
  • if you have a Gateway card, boot sysnand and downgrade to 9.2 (this overwrites FIRM removing arm9loaderhax, and won't brick New3DS since it's before 9.6)

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to automatically booting into updated sysnand alongside GW without pressing any buttons?

Last edited by kheldar,

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont get it yet
But can we use this just to get otp.bin and use With the plailect's guide?

How can i use the arm9loaderhax.bin provided by gw team?
Where the say

UPDATE: Due to popular demand we implemented a ‘arm9loaderhax.bin' file that can be used with existing (non-GW) A9LH installs.
Link in their site

Last edited by trigao,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i had a quick look but could see anyone saying if the files is different to the private release the emailed to testers.
usually people check the hash and see if there is a difference but I didn't see anyone do it this time.
anyway, i think it's different, i read there is no 3d glitch anymore, good

Reactions: Maximilious

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a quick look but could see anyone saying if the files is different to the private release the emailed to testers.
usually people check the hash and see if there is a difference but I didn't see anyone do it this time.
anyway, i think it's different, i read there is no 3d glitch anymore, good
It is. I was in the alpha testers wave. The 3DS turns off now quickly and don't take like forever to turn off and they fixed a lot things like, screen flickering etc.

Reactions: XRaidersP

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. I was in the alpha testers wave. The 3DS turns off now quickly and don't take like forever to turn off and they fixed a lot things like, screen flickering etc.

Is this fixed with other boot methods as well (CN, OOT, etc.) or do you need to boot via their A9LH method to get these fixes?

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
got everything working. Here's what i did:

got liomajor's a9lh payload implementation, replaced with delebile one found in the Plailect gide (part 5) and using the "official" safea9lhinstaller (not the liomajor one).
putting down_gw.bin in luma/payload folder, and i dediced to give a try to the new launcher, so i replaced 3.7 with 4.0b.
result:
very impressed. got it booting by pressing "down", they fixed 3d bug and the long time to wait to power off 3ds.
on the other side, i noticed a "buffered" screen when loading gw screen, but i can live with that.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how the Time Machine works? It says you need to boot into emuNAND and then run it, so that means it must back up your emuNAND, downgrade your emuNAND, back up your emuNAND again, back up your sysNAND and then restore your downgraded (and hopefully unbricked if you're on N3DS) emuNAND to your sysNAND?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What does A9LH actually do for your 3ds? I know nothing about it so for example when I have gone through the steps with Gateway on the N3DSXL and I have downgraded to 2x and got to these points at the end>
  • Go to A9LH Installer menu option again, follow instructions on screen until congratulations message appears.
  • Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your N3DS (what do I do after this point)
Can I then update my systemnand to 11x and GW will work or something on systemnand not emunand anymore? sorry for being newbish but I really have not got a clue what it does for you.

Also in GW's instructions it mentions nothing about your region Time Machine packs do you need those on your SD Card as well as the other two? where do they go? or are they not necessary anymore with 4.0b.

Can anyone answer please? do you need the Time Machine Data Pack on your sd card with 4.0b or not anymore? it mentions nothing in the instructions but did in the private build :(

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU