Homebrew [Release] Game & Watch Emulator (3dsx)

DogParty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I compiled the Game & Watch emulator from RetroArch and thought I would share it with you guys! :)

Screenshots:
bmsWuPM.jpg
zNa8APS.jpg
Note that the games use a hardcoded border that look like the handheld system. That means a lot of the ROMs are nearly impossible to use with the border. Fortunately, many (all?) of them support zooming in on the display by pressing select.

I've tested it on my N3DS and get 60 fps! Hopefully someone with an o3DS can test for us :)

Get your ROMs here! This is supported by RetroArch and I think public domain!

A few more photos in my imgur album here.

Note: I plan on submitting my changes to RetroArch later (they were minimal, tbh) but I thought I would make a thread in the meantime. Also, I compiled a few more emulators such as fmsx, vecx, and a few others. RetroArch is so well architected it's unbelievable. Also, for some reason the cia wouldn't compile properly. Sorry, guys.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• gw.zip
    704.6 KB · Views: 2,441

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Tested Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, and Pacman. All of them work faster than 60FPS on my o3DS, I just can't actually play any of them. In the case of Mario Bros I can get Luigi to move but nothing else happens, and in Pacman's case the game starts but I can't control Pacman at all. Super weird.
Either way, great job!

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note: I plan on submitting my changes to RetroArch later (they were minimal, tbh) but I thought I would make a thread in the meantime. Also, I compiled a few more emulators such as fmsx, vecx, and a few others. RetroArch is so well architected it's unbelievable. Also, for some reason the cia wouldn't compile properly. Sorry, guys.

Enjoy!

Could you release those here too?

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just makes me wonder even more why there are no Game and Watch titles on the eshop.

There are actually, but only dsiware.

Anyway, gonna switch my 3ds over to my HB sd and test this out! :gba:

(Yes, I actually have an entirely seperate SD with themehax for homebrew.)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
So I compiled the Game & Watch emulator from RetroArch and thought I would share it with you guys! :)

Screenshots:
bmsWuPM.jpg
zNa8APS.jpg
Note that the games use a hardcoded border that look like the handheld system. That means a lot of the ROMs are nearly impossible to use with the border. Fortunately, many (all?) of them support zooming in on the display by pressing select.

I've tested it on my N3DS and get 60 fps! Hopefully someone with an o3DS can test for us :)

Get your ROMs here! This is supported by RetroArch and I think public domain!

A few more photos in my imgur album here.

Enjoy!

I love you :) But what about dual screen games? We just have to be able to use both screens in for example donkey Kong etc.

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant get this to run, says i need a conet_history.pl or something like that. Also could you make a cia version if possible (does anyone know how to do this?)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The games truly shines =)

But it would be 1000X better if we could use both screens on multi screen games!. I know it wont be easy to do. Just saying. Thanx for the release =)

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, I compiled a few more emulators such as fmsx, vecx, and a few others. RetroArch is so well architected it's unbelievable. Also, for some reason the cia wouldn't compile properly. Sorry, guys.
Could you release those here too?
I agree, please upload your other builds! :D

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent stuff! Nice to see that this core running on the Nintendo 3DS. The only issue I have with it is that a couple of the game screen are cut off for me for some bizarre reason.

With the Mickey Mouse Game & Watch game, the very far right of the handheld graphic is cut off. This leads to the last two buttons on the console itself not being visible, but it's still very much playable.

Mario Bros. on the other hand is completely unplayable. It certainly works (as in I can start the game), but I can only see Luigi's screen. Mario's is completely cut off, making it impossible to tell if there are any more bottles coming out of the far right side.

Anybody having similar issues? I've tried changing the video and aspect ratio with no success.

Last edited by Cornholio309,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0