[Release] FTPDB - FTPD with Buildtools

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Favna, Jun 11, 2016.

1. pigman46

pigman46 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2009
    United States
    How about you clone ftpd and then do "git log"

2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Maryland
    It is really mtheall.

3. pigman46

pigman46 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2009
    United States
    You didn't get on my nerves; I'm a pretty reasonable person. I was only on #cakey addressing issues because people opened issues on github, which happened to be about the same time you made your branch. I can't fix problems if nobody tells me what they are.

1) lol I've had more activity here in the last two days than in the last 5 years.
    3) Yeah you're not the first person to try putting in a buildtools git submodules. I really don't like that; it would be much better if these tools got pulled into devkitARM or at least an equivalent.
    4) I'm a professional software developer so I have the tendency to test things as well as I can. I do fully support devkitPro and its products and I feel it's important for the code quality to be strong if we are going to support hundreds of people. It's much cheaper to fix problems early than later.

4. iamevn

iamevn Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    you should, I've abandoned it and it's slow and shit.

5. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    well the last version 1.2 transfers at 1.4mb/s for me and didnt have the bugs in the current ones do that Favna just fixed

6. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Antarctica
    This one seems to be a lot less stable than ftpd v2.2... at least for me.

7. Favna
    OP

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    I've actually already updated the ftp.c and console.c files to the ones from ftpd 2.2 but i haven't got around to building and releasing it (i haven't even pushed the change) due to final exams tomorrow and tuesday =p

SomeGamer likes this.
  8. Favna
    OP

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    -snip-

Last edited by Favna, Jan 20, 2017 - Reason: Deprecated release
    Xiphiidae and cvskid like this.
  9. phalk

phalk Handheld Maniac

Apr 23, 2009
    Brazil
    That was awkward :(

10. zdgr4ye5

zdgr4ye5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2014
    United States
    for me ftpBrony has main problem - socExit() , it never quit after I press B button
    can you resolve this issue?

11. royant1

royant1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2015
    Iceland
    Thanks, works great.

There is a bug (?) with all the ftp servers for the 3ds where the connected client must disconnect before it's possible to close the app using B. At least with transmit on Mac. Is there a way to close the connection from the app ("server side") so a client disconnect is not required in order to close it?

Thanks!

Ninjaed by @zdgr4ye5 :)

Last edited by royant1, Jun 20, 2016
  12. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    This must be an issue with 'Transmit'; you can close it fine with WinSCP and Filezilla.

13. royant1

royant1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2015
    Iceland
    Yup, tried filezilla and no problem there. Too bad, as i use transmit on my iphone. Can i help fixing by providing you data to debug?

14. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Not that it would help by sending me anything, but I don't think that this is a problem that can be fixed in FTP3DS at all; it's an issue with solely Transmit. From what I can see you'll have to either deal with it or change clients.

15. Favna
    OP

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    ftpBrony is very different version than FTPD/FTP3DS (and FTP3DS is essentially FTPD but then using Buildtools to provide a more user friendly way of building it from source). Try using this version instead as ever since ftpBrony was a thing mtheall has made many many changes to what is now FTPD.

Also please refer to what @Xiphiidae said, these issues might very well be a caused by your client rather than by the server. Since this appears to be a standing issue in Transmit I'll go ahead and remove it from the set of recommended clients.

Just a rapid google search for iphone apps gave me FTPManager as free FTP client for iPhone. Would test it myself but my iphone is like.. on 5% at time of posting lol. Kiiinda need to charge it xP!
    itunes link for the free version: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/ftpmanager-free/id525959186?mt=8
    itunes link for the full version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ftpmanager/id522627917?mt=8

alas.. the darn app description doesn't list the differences between the free and paid versions <_<

Also a fair reminder that if you have issues with the way ftp3ds works I highly recommend you to open an issue on mtheall's ftpd github page: https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/issues

Xiphiidae likes this.
  16. Favna
    OP

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    -snip-

17. Favna
    OP

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    -snip-

Xiphiidae and cvskid like this.
  18. Favna
    OP

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Wew... I totally forgot to update this thread when I made a new release not too long ago. There haven't been any big changes since 1.2 but we're now at 1.4.1 with the following changelog since:

As always the download links on the first page are updated and here they are as well:

Direct CIA download click here

Direct 3DSX download click here

QR Code to use in FBI:

[​IMG]

hippy dave, wownmnpare and Xiphiidae like this.
  19. HochuTorchic

HochuTorchic Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2017
    Hello, with ftpd I have a problem. I'm using it and for FTP manager I use Documents of Readdle (iOS) and I can't connect. I used as well an online ftp manager and don't works. When I try to connect I can't, and I put the ip and the port good. Help!!

20. Favna
    OP

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    That is hardly related to the app, more likely related to the app you are using. Confirm if the two devices are on the same network and if they are try using FileZilla on PC on that network. If that works try using FTPManager which is the iOS app I would recommend: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ftpmanager-ftp-sftp-ftps-client/id525959186?mt=8