Status
Not open for further replies.

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it has been said before, couldn't you change the region to display japanese-only games? Then refine the search to list genre?
Yeah I know that, just I often am not sure which genre a certain game is (like filtering Japanese and Platformer, New Super Mario Bros. 2 doesn't show up... no games show up in fact, with those filters) so I have to guess and go through all the lists. It would be much more convenient to have a kana keyboard, which I'm going to try doing. No promises, of course.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a very limited number of Japanese titles available on freeshop or ciangel. I assume it's because Japan is not very big on pirating so most of the tickets have not been dumped or shared.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
There is a very limited number of Japanese titles available on freeshop or ciangel. I assume it's because Japan is not very big on pirating so most of the tickets have not been dumped or shared.
blame that tickets website, not the programs

these programs only display what it's available on that ticket website

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

these programs only display what it's available on that ticket website
That's literally what I said. The ticket website is updated by users. If people with Japanese consoles are not uploading tickets then they will not be available on the site.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or don't blame anyone. You're getting shit for free, be happy anything at all is up there. Be happy the guy who runs the site is taking the risk of running it, be happy people have bothered to contribute over 1,000 games so that you can sit back and avoid paying for them...

Tapri

Forum Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been having issues with "wrong title key" issues? I have FreeShop set for auto-update keys and it keeps giving me that error. I've disabled auto-update and downloaded the entitlekey.bin file from that key site and it is still giving me that issue. I have luma's updated to the latest and on v11.2.

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, fuck it, not doing it. I've wasted enough hours today trying to get shit to work, I give up. I'm tired of fixing the devs' errors one by one. It's not worth it ;_; How the devs of freeShop, cpp3ds and ctrulib are able to compile them is beyond me.

gimmeaipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, searched for "b button" in this thread but couldn't find anything. What does the B button do? Seems to reorganize the top screen. Thanks

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
@TheCruel
You happen to have some update in the cache because the duplicate error has disappeared :rofl2:
Nintendo's servers are possessed by the Devil :evil:

It would be possible for you to add a function that if activated would automatically remove from the download listing the games that had their downloads terminated.

I'm having problems where the latest version of freeshop is not loading r25 cache and it stops any data from downloading/installing. I keep getting errors out the ass even when my wifi is excellent. What the fuck is going on?!?!?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, fuck it, not doing it. I've wasted enough hours today trying to get shit to work, I give up. I'm tired of fixing the devs' errors one by one. It's not worth it ;_; How the devs of freeShop, cpp3ds and ctrulib are able to compile them is beyond me.
Best guess? Because what you're running into isn't "the devs errors", it's just you not knowing what you're doing.
Perhaps in the future you won't be so quick to jump to "oh this feature is easy to add, the dev should have done it and ago". For now though I'll just sit over here and laugh at you :)

renhei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best guess? Because what you're running into isn't "the devs errors", it's just you not knowing what you're doing.
Perhaps in the future you won't be so quick to jump to "oh this feature is easy to add, the dev should have done it and ago". For now though I'll just sit over here and laugh at you :)
One example of the errors was the freeShop dev passing an int to a void function. I was using the same build environment as them. Also, yeah, I know I'm not very skilled. I am at least capable of using the keyboard as a base and creating a kana keyboard. And at least I'm trying to do something about it, instead of sitting back and waiting for others to, or being rude to others, like you. Also, I said "no promises" because I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. So joke's on you I guess?

Last edited by renhei,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One example of the errors was the freeShop dev passing an int to a void function. I was using the same build environment as them. Also, yeah, I know I'm not very skilled. I am at least capable of using the keyboard as a base and creating a kana keyboard. And at least I'm trying to do something about it, instead of sitting back and waiting for others to, or being rude to others, like you. Also, I said "no promises" because I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it. So joke's on you I guess?
Lol, not being rude:
> Nope, fuck it, not doing it. I've wasted enough hours today trying to get shit to work, I give up. I'm tired of fixing the devs' errors one by one

Also, not sure if you know this, but I'm actually one of the lead devs on CIAngel, the very first 3DS Homebrew that allowed you to do what FreeShop does :)
Do I do much these days? Nah, not enough time in the day, sadly. But I am also aware how much work goes into a project like this, and seeing someone try to bash the dev just doesn't sit right with me.

wtfboom3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope there are people who have review copies and people who got there copy in the mail early.Nintendo is not banning anyone at this point in time.So online is totally safe

Its not true , i got the last monster hunter a month earlier and i've done a copy for a friend , converted it to cia , then we played online almost everyday till then , zero ban for both of us ,i dont think they can make the difference between a legit early copy and a non-legit one

Dude, seriously, you have no idea what you're talking about. You've said probably 10 times in this thread that nintendo IS GOING TO BAN PEOPLE OMGNOHELPNBNQ, stop. It's highly unlikely Nintendo will ban anyone, as @squalow said, Ninty has no way to tell who just got a cart early, and who is using a pirated copy. They can't just go and ban everyone who plays it early, because they'd ban a few legitimate users in there too. As he also said, other games have been leaked early, with people playing online, and zero bans have resulted from it.

So stop, please, for the love of god.

Could be a bit difficult for him to understand since he might trust the "Brazilian game sites" more I guess

and even if you play with sky3ds with a public header online you just get temp ban either way

Nintendo will not do anything there is no need to

Do you all still stand behind these statements? Please don't spread misinformation again.

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been having issues with "wrong title key" issues? I have FreeShop set for auto-update keys and it keeps giving me that error. I've disabled auto-update and downloaded the entitlekey.bin file from that key site and it is still giving me that issue. I have luma's updated to the latest and on v11.2.
I found a fix. Update your Luma3ds payload to 6.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!