Status
Not open for further replies.

Uddasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And you have to manually do that each time or is it automated (once per day/week)?
As the titles are in the json maybe you could generate the cache directly on the console, so you don't have to maintain/host your cache?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you have to manually do that each time or is it automated (once per day/week)?
As the titles are in the json maybe you could generate the cache directly on the console, so you don't have to maintain/host your cache?
The cache has more than titles. How do you think it sorts by vote score and size, or how does it filter by game genre and platform? There is no database to query. It would take about ~4 seconds per title to fetch the content. Plus ETC1 texture compression, an extra 10 minutes. So without any cache at all, people would wait nearly 2 hours to get game info of > 1000 titles they're using. Then they have to do that every time any freeShop update changes the format or adds more info (like I'll be adding Release Date soon).
I was wondering why can't you scroll the description of the games? There is more to read but dunno how to view it all. Also will it be possible to add videos as well?
You have to use CPad which is stupid. The game info page will be completely changed in 2.2

Last edited by TheCruel,

Uddasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK I understand now.
You just forgot to tell me how often does the cache is updated, and if it can be triggered automatically (ie a change/new title is detected)?

Also I only see Picross 3D 2 demo but not the full game.
I'm just telling you because I was wondering if there is a problem with FreeShop or the bin file.
I already have it and there are many ways to get it otherwise.

Last edited by Uddasa,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use CPad which is stupid. The game info page will be completely changed in 2
Lol you can't call it stupid, you the creator of the app. :P
Good point, i never bothred using the circle pad to scroll it. Mostly cause i don't use analog for selection, just movements, is kinda a clearly established thing in controlling games, between menus and gameplay.

Directonal pad = selection
Analog stick = Movement

So is it possible for videos like the trailers for games?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the main differences between CIAngel and FreeShop is that we (CIAngel) only use the data available in the JSON file (Name, title id/key, region, and size). TheCruel generates his own cache as FreeShop also utilizes icons, translated names (English names for Japanese titles, which can't be searched easily in CIAngel), genre, etc.

This gives each application a slight advantage over the other. FreeShop has fancy icons, and more information, with the risk of sometimes missing a few titles for a few days. CIAngel looks ugly, but will always show games the instant they're added to the 3ds titlekey database website (So long as you update your wings.json file, which is just json_enc).

There are of course other differences (Threading, GUI, etc) which give each application both positives and negatives :)

Reactions: XRaTiX and Uddasa

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible for videos like the trailers for games?
Yeah, but I don't know if I'll ever get to that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I'll be rewriting the cache to include almost all eShop content. Then it will have lots of titles the 3ds title key website won't have. That way it can properly work for people using their own key dumps. But to avoid people needing to wait 30+ seconds every time freeShop opens to parse meta data, a good solution is complicated.

But the cache is unavoidable. The 3ds title key website has to fetch game into in the backend too. So even if I add everything to the cache, I'll still have to update it occasionally for new games on eShop.

Uddasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the explanations both of you.
I've been using these two apps for a few weeks now and could not get rid of one of them, they are complementary.
And don't be ashamed of the CIAngel UI, it's fast and easy to use ;)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the explanations both of you.
I've been using these two apps for a few weeks now and could not get rid of one of them, they are complementary.
And don't be ashamed of the CIAngel UI, it's fast and easy to use ;)
Ciangel is still useful. To be honest i have both. I mainly use CIA angel cause i can get CIA files for extracting on my pc to do stuff like rom injection or just finding data. :P

Freeshop has more presentation that it starting to rival the official eshop in ways. So that is also good.
Also, I'll be rewriting the cache to include almost all eShop content. Then it will have lots of titles the 3ds title key website won't have.
what does this mean exactly? It will have access to everything on eshop or not? Personally i be happy if i can get update for the Japanese import games that isn't on eshop since i can't do anything about it. I just end up playing without the updates anyway, not that i would know what they do since i can't ready japanese. :P

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does this mean exactly? It will have access to everything on eshop or not? Personally i be happy if i can get update for the Japanese import games that isn't on eshop since i can't do anything about it. I just end up playing without the updates anyway, not that i would know what they do since i can't ready japanese. :P
Means people can download eShop titles that aren't shared on the title key website. But you still need the title keys, that's unavoidable. So it's for people who want to use freeShop to download/manage their titles but not share their keys on the websites.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The Portuguese translation is a little messed up imo, as far as it is shown on the screenshot you left there. I don't really have anything better to do so I might check it out and change some stuff on it tomorrow? @TheCruel

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed Freeshop. I have the title keys set to auto update.

Problem is, ever title I download I get 'Wrong Title Key' message at the end of download. What am I missing?

Last edited by 0bvious,

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Freeshop. I have the title keys set to auto update.

Problem is, ever title I download I get 'Wrong Title Let's message at the end of download. What am I missing?
I assume you mean "Wrong Title Key"? And it means you're probably using decrypted title keys and not encrypted (encTitleKeys.bin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...