Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @TheCruel, so I've been thinking for a few days now and I thought I'd finally ask: since you made your own eShop clone (freeShop) why not do something about the theme shop? The keys to get the themes are out there, and I'm sure that it isn't any different than digging into the servers for games.
I'm only gonna say this once. CIA themes are bad. Stay away from them.

Reactions: Arcanuskun

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @TheCruel, so I've been thinking for a few days now and I thought I'd finally ask: since you made your own eShop clone (freeShop) why not do something about the theme shop? The keys to get the themes are out there, and I'm sure that it isn't any different than digging into the servers for games.
Best method is using CHMM2 and official themes in CHMM format there is 245 official themes usa and already available on THAT ISO SITE

Reactions: Xenosaiga

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off-topic, sorry i know.
Why? I build my self my own custom theme ci bcs the shitting chmm doesn't work. xD
I don't know why everyone seems to have problems with CHMM2 cia, because on every 3ds I've used it on I have had no issues ever. As long as you first set one of the default color themes before the first use of CHMM2. If you don't, you get issues like only the sounds installing, or only the graphics installing.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone seems to have problems with CHMM2 cia, because on every 3ds I've used it on I have had no issues ever. As long as you first set one of the default color themes before the first use of CHMM2. If you don't, you get issues like only the sounds installing, or only the graphics installing.
Ikr

Reactions: Xenosaiga

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
My only issue with it that I have to apply a theme twice every time after I use a basic color theme.

mrmonotone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL cia's don't have private headers
I know that they don't have private headers. I just did not understand what made cias not "spottable". It is slightly confusing when you do not consume this stuff daily what everything does and what things I can do to get myself banned. I wanted to use this instead of dumping my carts. However I wanted to play online as well so, that is why I had asked. You do not have to be so condescending.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I know that they don't have private headers. I just did not understand what made cias not "spottable". It is slightly confusing when you do not consume this stuff daily what everything does and what things I can do to get myself banned. I wanted to use this instead of dumping my carts. However I wanted to play online as well so, that is why I had asked. You do not have to be so condescending.
Cartridges use headers to identify individuals playing games online, but cias use the console to identify individuals.

King Harkinian

I wonder what's for dinner?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible for a future update to have a feature that can download an updated enctitlekeys.bin, similar to CIAngel and Wings.json? I just installed this and so far I'm loving it. If it could automatically update it's title key database or had a way to manually do it inside of the program without having to take out the microSD or rely on FTP that would make this pretty much flawless. :)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Would it be possible for a future update to have a feature that can download an updated enctitlekeys.bin, similar to CIAngel and Wings.json? I just installed this and so far I'm loving it. If it could automatically update it's title key database or had a way to manually do it inside of the program without having to take out the microSD or rely on FTP that would make this pretty much flawless. :)
You could use enctitlekeys updater. Sure, it's a separate app, but you won't have to deal with those things you mentioned.

King Harkinian

I wonder what's for dinner?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use enctitlekeys updater. Sure, it's a separate app, but you won't have to deal with those things you mentioned.
Oh I didn't see that that existed. Installing ASAP. It would be cool to see all of that integrated into freeShop itself, but a standalone app works just fine in the meantime. ^^

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel The language selection panel will only be available when you activate the settings panel ?
There are a few languages features I plan on having:

The freeShop interface language will follow the console's language setting. This already exists, but there are no translation files currently made. Those will only be made after the settings interface is [mostly] complete (because text could change and I don't want translations to keep getting outdated during development).

Also, I will be adding language options in game filter. Along with filtering region, you can filter by games that have a specific language support.

Additionally, I will be attempting to fetch game descriptions in the console's language. US and JP regions I believe will only have English/Japanese descriptions respectively, but EU regions usually support several different languages, but it currently just gets English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm late for the bbq sauce discussion and I have opinions