Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Hungary
    Any plans on adding an option to create a CIA instead of installing the title straight away? This program would be better than CIAngel because I can see the size before starting the download and apparently this has a working queue unlike CIAngel which crashes if I install more than one title without closing the app in between them.

2. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Funny, nobody has reported such an issue, I wonder why it hasn't been fixed.

Billy Acuña and Xenosaiga like this.
  3. TheCruel

OP TheCruel Developer
    Banned

United States
    No, I'm just going to leave CIA creation to CIAngel and FunKeyCia (or w/e other PC software). I could change my mind in the future, but it's just slow and doesn't fit the shop theme.

I pwned U!, SomeGamer and Drakia like this.
  4. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I still haven't managed to figure out why downloading a CIA is so much slower than installing one while downloading. freeShop is good without that feature though, leave us atleast one thing we have that you don't ;)

Xenosaiga likes this.
  5. OnenZ

OnenZ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Download games which they already been downloaded, but free.

6. TheCruel

OP TheCruel Developer
    Banned

United States
    It's probably the same reason downloading files using http over sockets is slower than using HTTPC. Both AM and HTTPC are probably doing things a lot better than ctrulib's socket and sdmc code. Probably non-blocking too, not waiting for AM to finish writing before continuing the download. Oh well...

7. xilo

xilo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

@TheCruel

I've built my own cache that included DLC and Updates, but freeShop crashes when extracting/loading the game list. Any idea?

8. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Is freeshop good for those without PC access or do you always need to add files to your SD whenever a new game comes out that you want to get?

9. Stoned

Stoned GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    RemixDeluxe likes this.
  10. RemixDeluxe

United States
  11. TheCruel

OP TheCruel Developer
    Banned

United States
    Well, I'd guess it didn't cache them properly or you're using an old version of the script. I haven't tried caching DLC/Updates, so I'm not sure.

12. RemixDeluxe

United States
    @TheCruel

Have you looked into combining your FreeShop with encTitleKeysUpdater? A lot of people could benefit from it.

13. Igknotus

Igknotus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's a good idea having both the FreeShop and the encTitlekeysupdates would make it a lot easier on people.

14. RemixDeluxe

United States
    Would be better than having to install two apps. The 3DS has a 300 title limit as is.

15. Orkna

Orkna GBAtemp Fan

I would like to be able to scroll on top screen at the same time the bottom screen is loading the game info. Now I have to wait for it to load before I can continue. If selecting a new game while loading the one before it should stop the old one from loading and load the info for the new game

Managed to hit b some times and it gets me back to the start of the list. It was quite annoying.

Last edited by Orkna, Jun 23, 2016
  16. xilo

xilo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Used the latest script and everything. I created a cache with just DLC and Updates and it still crashes. The json looks fine.

Last edited by xilo, Jun 23, 2016
  17. TheCruel

OP TheCruel Developer
    Banned

United States
    Well, then how many icon textures did it generate? Afaik, the current cache has 3 icon.bin textures. If your cache has icon indexes exceeding the number of textures found, it will crash. I won't know without seeing your cache.

Also, pretty sure it won't cache any DLC info since the eShop provides none.

FWIW, I'm adding DLC/Update probably in a couple days. It doesn't require any cache changes.

I pwned U! likes this.
  18. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3
    Banned

can I use this without enctitlekeys on future?

19. jeng

jeng Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
    Hi,

Thank you very much for the great app. I've try it on my o3ds JP. Download app inside the freeshop is working fine. However, whenever I try to run it doesn't work. The app keep showing the following error message. I can't understand japanese well. Only the first line saying about error and asking to turn off the console.

Here is my 3ds details

-old 3ds JP (small one)
    -I did upgrade to 11.0.0.33 and downgrade with hardmod to 9.2 (I'm newbie. I just follow the guide from internet carefully + I luckily have card reader that work)
    -I install rxtools and upgrade emunand with 11.0.0
    -I can install CIA with title manger
    -I did try run HANS from emunands but the app from freeshop not showing in HANS

How can I fix this problem? Thank you very much.

Best

[​IMG]

UPDATE : Mystery solved. The screen showing error doesn't relate to region lock. It because I did unlink SysNand and Emunand. So according to unlink sysnand instruction, I've to install DSiWare to sysnand too. To make it run... Thank you every one.
    **I didn't know that the game I'm trying to run is DSiWare. I find out when I try to delete the game in the system.

Last edited by jeng, Jun 24, 2016
  20. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Japan
    Which game are you trying to download? Try fixing it in the JPN eShop to download the seed.bin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - alternative, [Release], freeShop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.